World's Largest Herpes Support Group
BeautyLover321

BV AND HSV LINK?!

BeautyLover321

Hey all.... I found this article:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2659027/

It discusses the link between bacterial vaginosis and HSV. I am now recovering from a BV infection. It was my first one and I really hope I never get another one.

So I was wondering, what are your experiences on this...to the ladies, do you guys find that you frequently get BV infections?

Also, I must add... once I found out I was HSV positive, I bought vagisil wash for some reason (I guess to keep my downstairs as healthy as possible)..and I believe it is the reason behind my chronic yeast infections and my one BV infection. I had severe discomfort while using the wash for two months. I got a yeast infection every week!  I also developed BV as well. 

Now that I'm finally off the wash, my yeast infections disappeared..but I'm hoping the BV does not return often. So I'm trying to find out if the wash caused it by throwing off my PH or if HSV made me more susceptible to an infection. Let me know your personal experiences!

WannaCry

Most "feminine washes" are the worst things you can put into your vagina. They often will disrupt your pH to the point that whatever you thought was a problem becomes an even bigger one or you give yourself a whole new set of issues.

The best rule of thumb is if it is sold as a 'feminine wash/deodorant/cleanser' that it is something you should avoid like the plague.

The vagina cleanses itself and short of medicines Rx'd by a Dr don't put stuff up in there. (I've found that drug store yeast infection treatments ALSO make things worse so I avoid them whenever possible and just go straight to the Dr)

Best way to clean down there is with warm water and a very mild soap only on the outside areas. No scents, colors, ect. You're looking for something like defense soap or a scent free dye free baby soap.

yellowtail2

Interesting article! When I initially went to get checked I thought I had a yeast infection and the results were BV & Genital HSV1. I’m new to this and hoping both symptoms don’t reoccur.

yellowbird40

Do you still get BV with your outbreaks, I get it with mine, I need help with this 

blurneworder

The girl who gave me HSV said she suffers from bacterial vaginosis, but she does not test positive for HSV.

Wouldliketoknow

I just posted something similar in your opinion will you spread have more easily if you have bv?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • sadangel22
      For those of you with GHSV 1 or 2 how did you know you were having a second outbreak? I was diagnosed with GHSV-1 a month ago and have had no symptoms till now. For the past two days I've been super itchy but there are no bumps/ulcers like last time. I read somewhere that some people experience periodic itchiness and no other symptoms so I'm wondering, is this super common and is what is happening to me? Or do I need to prepare myself that this is most likely a second outbreak in it's initial stages? 
    • hunger4more
      We havent cured things not because we can't its because profits are a bigger priority. Trust me when I say I know it sounds like conspiracy talk but look at where and what they throw money at.... sickness is lucrative. So is death (War) The military budget is criminal to say the least, as is Nasa's budget That's just simple math, then look at all the obscene hurdles set in place to help deter anyone from going the distance. They only cry ethics when it comes to anything that could potentially benefit the greater good.
    • WilsoInAus
      I think it is very important for you to find out whether you carry HSV-1 or not. If you do, then any concerns you may have about HSV-1 are negligible. Many people carry an oral HSV-1, like your partner. This will be the only region of her body infected, that is the mouth in a practical sense. No contact with the mouth means no chance of infection for you. Hence there are zero issues with vaginal sex and you giving her oral. Kissing and you receiving oral sex are the feasible transmission possibilities. Perhaps the second is of minor concern, but your choice. If you decide you're never going to kiss a girl because she has HSV-1 orally then that will be your loss. Most girls have HSV-1 and all the cute ones!
    • WilsoInAus
      I disagree, we have made a significant contribution to keeping it on track and ensuring the OP has the correct information to cogitate upon. Let's keep the good work up!
    • Quest
      Why don't you care that we screwed up this thread. Whenever you scream hijacking a thread you are the one usually doing it! Aries, that book will show you how to raise your energy levels!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.