Freaking out

JenniferA

I’m almost 40 and this is my first week going thru this. I wannacry and just die to be honest .. I was newly single and made a few mistakes nowmy life is over . I can’t have a relationship it feels like I’ll be alone forever. Please help 

15 minutes ago, JenniferA said:

I’m almost 40 and this is my first week going thru this. I wannacry and just die to be honest .. I was newly single and made a few mistakes nowmy life is over . I can’t have a relationship it feels like I’ll be alone forever. Please help 

I know what yu mean... I am waiting for my test results and am expecting the worst! You are not alone...did you get diagnosed?

2 hours ago, JenniferA said:

Millions of people have herpes. Are their lives over? Do they have relationships?

in life be proud keep ahead up . many have worse  . though some versions f this is torture hell  . check out my profile ... lysine helps stop virus . need to take  three pills a day of good lysine . they do have thousand size pills ..  three thousand a day dose. it fights the foods and triggers feeding the virus argine. probably all the expensive meds are really made off but safer ..  see it on draxe.com . fun sight .. i got some quick fixes deepening on situation .. being it is just starting it may do miracles ..  never know .  i probably get more lysine again take it on days say party or sunshine and lots foods .  triggers . take it before meals if eating virus feeding foods ..  mix sprinkle turmeric on foods .. tons of little things . down to eating real foods and feeding stem cells for longevity .  down  2 like 4 or 5  super products .. one is enough dos the time .  others for out breaks . good luck ./..  be tough .. life gets worse when ya don't keep that head up ..  many people have it . may will catch it . many have it on face and pop it thinking its a pimple turns all over the face . they touch everything and spread it . lol.  don't worry about it .  take action . on a good site ..         

Jennifer,

We sound like we are in the EXACT same situation, unfortunately.  I'm in healthcare, divorced, started dating again, trusted the wrong person, then met the right person before I knew and now had to tell him.  It's been effin horrible, I haven't stopped crying, I'm kicking myself.

I told the new guy this past weekend, and he's been extremely cool and level headed about it.  He's getting tested today, and god-willing he's negative.  He hasn't had any symptoms whatsoever.  I know deep down that we won't be together anymore, but it is what it is.  I'm trying to think of what I would do in his position, can't say I blame him.  Heartbroken, but it is what it is.  No magic bullet for this one.  

Maybe you and I can help each other?

MortallyLethargic
29 minutes ago, mft32 said:

Jennifer,

We sound like we are in the EXACT same situation, unfortunately.  I'm in healthcare, divorced, started dating again, trusted the wrong person, then met the right person before I knew and now had to tell him.  It's been effin horrible, I haven't stopped crying, I'm kicking myself.

I told the new guy this past weekend, and he's been extremely cool and level headed about it.  He's getting tested today, and god-willing he's negative.  He hasn't had any symptoms whatsoever.  I know deep down that we won't be together anymore, but it is what it is.  I'm trying to think of what I would do in his position, can't say I blame him.  Heartbroken, but it is what it is.  No magic bullet for this one.  

Maybe you and I can help each other?

Just because he shows up negative, doesn't mean he doesn't have it. When I first got it, I got tested and it came back negative. I was having an outbreak during this time too. 

I ended up getting blood work done last year, and it showed up positive. My initial test that came up negative was in June of 2014.

And if he does come up positive, it doesn't mean that you gave it to him. Unless you know for a fact that you did. So many people have hsv1 or 2 and don't realize it. From what I heard, when people get tested for STDs, they don't check for herpes unless you ask. I could be wrong. This link has information. 

https://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/screening.htm

Yep I know. He hasn’t tested negative yet. And yes there is a possibility that he was already positive. However, I’m praying for his sake that he’s negative, regardless of who gave it to who, I wouldn’t want this for him or for anyone. 

And you are also correct that they don’t test for HSV in a standard issue STD lab work. 

Again my hope is that he’s negative for his sake. No pointing fingers, just only want the best for him. That ship has sailed for me, unfortunately. 

• 4 weeks later...

I’m going through some relationship issues also. I was diagnosed over 2 years ago. I wasn’t dating anyone at the time I got my first outbreak. But I was dating someone about 3 months prior. So who knows if he gave it to me or if I already had the virus?  I had 3 minor breakouts before I got on acyclovir and I also take lysine. I haven’t had an outbreak since. Ive been in a relationship for a year now and I never told him I was positive. But since I was proactive about taking my meds and showing no symptoms I just kept it my secret. Well my b/f got sick with the flu and came down with the virus in Jan. He just told me the other night. I was mortified and full of anxiety because I had to tell him the truth. He took it better than I thought but our relationship may be over. I feel terrible and never wanted this to happen. So hard to talk about it!  

On 12/31/2017 at 8:47 AM, JenniferA said:

Hello Jennifer how are you feeling? I am from Las Vegas I recently had an outbreak And Got tested yesterday waiting for My results this is like living hell on earth. but I have done tons of research and there is so much natural medicine that can help you suppress the virus. as you know this is not curable or at least what they all say but I am a man of faith and I trust the Lord. There is a topical almost like vaseline that helps with the discomfort but at the same time it helps with the outbreak I found out it was good for me I bought it at Amazon is $25 the name of the product is below. Hope this helps along with a good diet And rest. Take Lysin 1000mg. and go to the Doctor. If you need someone to chat I am here. Life is not over is Just a new beginning. 

HERP-B-GONE - Herpes, Cold Sores and Shingles: Suppress Herpes and Live Life on Your Terms