World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Headshoulderskneesandtoes

Male herpes? Pictures

I am a female and have ghsv1, my boyfriend has this on his dick and I have no idea if it’s herpes or not. He swears it’s from jacking off too much and gets them from time to time for years ..  what’s it look like to you ?

1EFF91F2-2D72-4144-8F24-ECDA1DE8A82B.png

Advertisement

GlitterDx

That looks and sounds exactly like herpes. 

4 hours ago, Headshoulderskneesandtoes said:

gets them from time to time for years .

Quest

If I look to the right of the pic, his skin is naturally bumpy which is the way the lesions appear. It can be anything, doesn't mean it is automatically hsv. There was a long list of possibilities on here at one point. I looked them up and sure enough some can look like hsv. My vote is no, not until you know for sure.

Advertisement

Even though the big one looks like it has puss in the middle ? He swears it’s from jacking off too much he just rubbed it raw. He refuses to go to the dr 

I did just read this 

However, dry masturbation is much more likely to cause a blister. What may also happen is 'dry humping' (thrusting and humping fully clothed) can cause these rubbing-blisters also. Masturbation and erections while fully clothed can cause this too, especially if you are wearing briefs rather than boxers. If you have this bump on the side or underside of the penis, chances are you've developed a rub-blister.”

So maybe he’s right.. he has been jacking off A LOT bc I have been out of commission. I recently had a flare up and then got my period 

Scooby2112

Hsv has clear to straw (light yellow) fluid.  

They are grouped bumps on a red base.  This looks pretty close to typical HSV, maybe it isn't but if he did this masturbating he needs a new technique cause I have masturbated three to four times in a day and never gave myself sores like this.  

Maybe he masturbates with sandpaper?

Either way he should get it looked at.  

Take responsibility and get it looked at.  

4 minutes ago, Scooby2112 said:

Hsv has clear to straw (light yellow) fluid.  

They are grouped bumps on a red base.  This looks pretty close to typical HSV, maybe it isn't but if he did this masturbating he needs a new technique cause I have masturbated three to four times in a day and never gave myself sores like this.  

Maybe he masturbates with sandpaper?

Either way he should get it looked at.  

Take responsibility and get it looked at.  

It sucks because he just got insurance this year and hasn’t even gotten his insurance card and doctors take FOREVER to get you in if you have never been there before! By the time they have an apt for him, they won’t be able to swab it.. and they don’t do it at urgent care or ER. 

Scooby2112

Urgent care and ER can swab a lesion.  I had one done at a CVS.  Maybe all don't but some do.  All hospital urgent cares will.  Also look at planned parenthood they will do it.  

Edited by Scooby2112

I went to the ER with my primary ob and they said they don’t do herpes testing! 

3 minutes ago, Scooby2112 said:

Urgent care and ER can swab a lesion.  I had one done at a CVS.  Maybe all don't but some do.  All hospital urgent Cates will.  Also look at planned parenthood they will do it.  

Micah

That is herpes. Yeah. The puss the yellow. Clustered together. I'm like 99% sure.

Scooby2112
    8 hours ago, Headshoulderskneesandtoes said:

I went to the ER with my primary ob and they said they don’t do herpes testing! 

That surprises me, try an urgent care then. 

On 1/10/2018 at 10:04 PM, Scooby2112 said:

Urgent care and ER can swab a lesion.  I had one done at a CVS.  Maybe all don't but some do.  All hospital urgent cares will.  Also look at planned parenthood they will do it.  

Will urgent care so igg and igm bloodwork? He’s going tomorrow but it’s almost gone now and the swab won’t be accurate 

Scooby2112
    9 hours ago, Headshoulderskneesandtoes said:

Will urgent care so igg and igm bloodwork? He’s going tomorrow but it’s almost gone now and the swab won’t be accurate 

Don't get igm.  It's a bad test.  Just Igg type specific (not combined).  

They should he able to draw and order an hsv test.  He needs to ask for hsv specifically not just an Std panel.  

WannaCry

If you are in America he can order HSV bloodtests from STDcheck or other online options like AnyLabTestNow for 50$ per type (the hsv1/hsv2 combo test is like $100 or so) and it does not require insurance.

Most emergicare/walk in clinics do swabbing and STD testing so I'm a bit concerned by the fact you had someone telling you they don't.

On 1/13/2018 at 1:40 PM, WannaCry said:

If you are in America he can order HSV bloodtests from STDcheck or other online options like AnyLabTestNow for 50$ per type (the hsv1/hsv2 combo test is like $100 or so) and it does not require insurance.

Most emergicare/walk in clinics do swabbing and STD testing so I'm a bit concerned by the fact you had someone telling you they don't.

They did std tests but not for herpes, they told me it’s because it requires a regular doctor and rechecks and stuff ...

On 1/12/2018 at 8:03 AM, Scooby2112 said:

Don't get igm.  It's a bad test.  Just Igg type specific (not combined).  

They should he able to draw and order an hsv test.  He needs to ask for hsv specifically not just an Std panel.  

He made an appointment with his regular dr on feb 5 or something. He’s so hardheaded. Anyways, it’s clearing up but the big one literally turned in to a pimple and I popped it the same you would a white head and it was solid material. Kinda weird 

Scooby2112

Glad he made an appt but that's way to long.  

He could go to an acute care or urgent care and get a test.  My guess is he will tel you the dr said no reason to test and not get one.  Make it clear you want him to show those pics and ask for an Igg blood test.  

10 hours ago, Scooby2112 said:

Glad he made an appt but that's way to long.  

He could go to an acute care or urgent care and get a test.  My guess is he will tel you the dr said no reason to test and not get one.  Make it clear you want him to show those pics and ask for an Igg blood test.  

Yea he knows to ask specifically for the blood test for both types.