Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Chris Taylor

30 weeks from possible exposure

    Recommended Posts

    Chris Taylor

    I stopped testing for hsv1 since my exposure for that was protected and I believe hsv 1 genital to genital is harder to transmit female to male,  even more if protection was used. Plus I tested negative for hsv1 5 times in these last 6 months.

    I recently tested again for hsv 2, this is now 30 weeks from possible exposure. It was negative again with an index of 0.06.

    If you see my previous post's,  you can see that my highest hsv2 was 0.20 for 3 straight months and last two were 0.05 and now it's 0.05.

    I went back and looked at my blood work from August,  which was done 2 months after possible exposure. My WBC was 12.6 which was higher than the norm. Last week I tested again and I was at 8.6. Does anyone know anything about WBC and if it's a viral infection that could make it rise? And if so could it possibly mean my count is back to normal which indicates that my immune system is balanced which now has to show antibodies ? but of course only if I'm actually positive for either hsv.

    I'm still having nagging pain around my boxer short area without the blisters. Nagging pain behind upper thighs when I sit. Kinda feels like someone twisted my skin and or is stretching it. Also my waist is sensitive when i wear tighter pants,  leaves like a rash that goes away once my pants are off. I also had a couple of anal fissures (twice) that went away the same day or the following. My lower back hurts now more than it used to. And my folliculitis on my thighs hasn't gone away, it's just there dry , and it's been like that for 5 months. Ive also noticed my wounds don't heal fast enough, either if it's a scratch or cut that o got from work. 

    I just find it all too weird and to much coincidence that this happened after my protected exposure. I also find it weird that many say folliculitis and forcyde spots are non std related , but I've never had them in my life till my exposue.

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    cracked

    Have you had any hot feeling on your forehead or face without it being a fever? This folliculitis crap is what I don’t get either. Most people say they haven’t had folliculitis since their exposure, but yet I had some on my thigh initially, which I’ve never had before and went away within a day. Now I’ve started to have it on my neck, chest, back, and arms (goes away in a day) and I just don’t understand why if I have hardly had them before except when being very physically active. My WBC and RBC and platelet count have been fine, though, but my T bilirubin has been elevated, but that’s apparently been like that for years. My Lymphocyte % is sometimes normal and then sometimes elevated or low. I just don’t understand. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Advertisement

    Chicagonow

    I feel the same I get the folictiis not a hole but 1 dot here i dot thr.. but I do have sensitive skin to begin with

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Chris Taylor
    30 minutes ago, Chicagonow said:

    I feel the same I get the folictiis not a hole but 1 dot here i dot thr.. but I do have sensitive skin to begin with

    I've had sensitive skin as well ever since I was a kid , recently I've had dry skin , I've noticed it on my penis (you can see on previous pics I've posted) on my legs, shin, and scrotum. 

    Yet testing negative ,  if not hsv then a new undiscovered sti

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    cracked
    2 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

    Yet testing negative ,  if not hsv then a new undiscovered sti

    I don't know if that's a good thing or not...

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Chris Taylor
    1 hour ago, cracked said:

    Have you had any hot feeling on your forehead or face without it being a fever? This folliculitis crap is what I don’t get either. Most people say they haven’t had folliculitis since their exposure, but yet I had some on my thigh initially, which I’ve never had before and went away within a day. Now I’ve started to have it on my neck, chest, back, and arms (goes away in a day) and I just don’t understand why if I have hardly had them before except when being very physically active. My WBC and RBC and platelet count have been fine, though, but my T bilirubin has been elevated, but that’s apparently been like that for years. My Lymphocyte % is sometimes normal and then sometimes elevated or low. I just don’t understand. 

    No hot feeling on face or forehead.

    Its weird that many ppl confused folliculitis with hsv,  why? Because before their exposure they didn't have it, once they got it they think it's hsv, but it's not. But if it's not then why does it come out after a risky sexual encounter?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Advertisement

    Chris Taylor
    1 minute ago, cracked said:

    I don't know if that's a good thing or not...

    I bet you've read on many different forums about ppl complaining about similar issues and always testing negative for all std. They continue living their life and never infecting their partner. Ive read a lot of these and I'm weirded out as well and now understand why many ppl also say the same thing,  if not hsv which is the hardest to detect then what else can it be. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    cracked
    2 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

    No hot feeling on face or forehead.

    Its weird that many ppl confused folliculitis with hsv,  why? Because before their exposure they didn't have it, once they got it they think it's hsv, but it's not. But if it's not then why does it come out after a risky sexual encounter?

    Yours was protected, though, if I remember correctly so not really risky. I think it comes down to maybe subconscious chronic stress, which might be leading to our internal balance being out of whack and thus letting normal gut flora to being suppressed and stuff like yeast and harmful bacteria to take over. I might be wrong, but just a guess.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Chris Taylor
    1 minute ago, cracked said:

    Yours was protected, though, if I remember correctly so not really risky. I think it comes down to maybe subconscious chronic stress, which might be leading to our internal balance being out of whack and thus letting normal gut flora to being suppressed and stuff like yeast and harmful bacteria to take over. I might be wrong, but just a guess.

    Yes protected , but many recent studies that I've read here say that condoms only protect about 35 percent. This means 65 percent of a chance that skin to skin contact was made which could cause the transmission. Others state is lower and it higher, but who really knows to be honest. 

    One the reasons why I didn't go get tested for hsv 1 as I was doing before is because that one was protected and no scrotum liking or spitting was done , so I think I'm fine there as my results have been negative for that as well.

    The mind does play with you , but when you have the physical pain, the folliculitis , forcyde spots, burning bone back pain and skin pain all in the boxer short area for 5 months  and other stuff it's hard to say it's just in my head.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Chicagonow

    No way I am going to request to go to a skin specialist cause I get prickly in the summer on my hands but always had prickly but since I had virus cause u have both they look blister and raise up

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Chris Taylor
    2 minutes ago, Chicagonow said:

    No way I am going to request to go to a skin specialist cause I get prickly in the summer on my hands but always had prickly but since I had virus cause u have both they look blister and raise up

    You have both hsv 1 and 2?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Chicagonow

    Wpuld.like to know if hot weather play a part on obs

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    cracked
    8 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

    Yes protected , but many recent studies that I've read here say that condoms only protect about 35 percent. This means 65 percent of a chance that skin to skin contact was made which could cause the transmission. Others state is lower and it higher, but who really knows to be honest. 

    One the reasons why I didn't go get tested for hsv 1 as I was doing before is because that one was protected and no scrotum liking or spitting was done , so I think I'm fine there as my results have been negative for that as well.

    The mind does play with you , but when you have the physical pain, the folliculitis , forcyde spots, burning bone back pain and skin pain all in the boxer short area for 5 months  and other stuff it's hard to say it's just in my head.

    Well, if it makes you feel any better, mine was more risky than yours and I don't have the fordyce spots or burning or skin pain. Just the face and forehead heat thing and appetite and penis irritation. I know this probably won't help after so many people saying you don't have HSV, but you probably don't have HSV. You might want to look into alternative medicine and see if someone can help you with your issues since allopathic doctors are refusing to acknowledge that your issues are real.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    cracked
    2 minutes ago, Chicagonow said:

    Cracked does weather play a part on ob

    I am not too sure, since I was initially diagnosed in August and still not sure about my status, I haven't had an OB since the first one, which I'm not sure was an actual OB or not. It was hard for me to endure hot weather that was in the 80s when I was diagnosed, though, and started sweating like crazy and hard for me to breathe when being outside, which never happens to me because I've lived in hot weather for most of my life and used to it.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Chicagonow

    But would u get bad ob.. And u have both and u have not gotten another ob since then. Cause my husband tell me he doesnt feel anything 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    cracked
    1 minute ago, Chicagonow said:

    But would u get bad ob.. And u have both and u have not gotten another ob since then. Cause my husband tell me he doesnt feel anything 

    From what I've read heat can be a trigger for outbreaks in some people, while for others its something that's diet related. If you have not gotten another OB since your initial one, then that's a good sign. I hope it stays that way and that's also good for your husband. It suggests he has a good immune system.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    cracked
    1 minute ago, Chris Taylor said:

    When are you taking another igG @cracked

    When was your last one taken?

    I don't think I'm taking another IGG again because it was hard enough to get another one after requesting numerous times at the hospital and finally getting the one in November after the initial one at a different clinic in August. I am planning on getting a Western Blot done soon either this or next month.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Chicagonow

    He does for woman a little more difficult still trying to read my body but I think mine just last like 3 day and nothing major just a little itchy.. but u get other symptoms right 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Chicagonow

    Why thought ubhave been having it since the 80's

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    cracked
    1 minute ago, Chicagonow said:

    He does for woman a little more difficult still trying to read my body but I think mine just last like 3 day and nothing major just a little itchy.. but u get other symptoms right 

    I agree, women do tend to have it worse majority of the time. I have completely different symptoms than almost anyone I've talked or read about on here. You can read about my issues in my bio in my profile.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Chicagonow

    Hope it stays like that till I we get a better vacc.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    Advertisement

    Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

    ×