World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Confusedmw

Hsv1 or infection? Photo included sorry.

Confusedmw

I tested negative for hsv2 <0.90. They did not give me specific numbers though. My igm titer for hsv1 was <1:20 at 1:40. Does that mean my hsv1 was active at the time of the blood test??? Bc I did not have an active coldsore at that time. I know it's crAzy and everyone is telling me it's not really possible to get it genitally when you have had it orally for a long time. (20 yrs). I was recently diagnosed with a serious bacterial infection vaginally. More than just your average bv. And have been feeling symptoms since November 20 such as burning and tingling. Originally in November they put me on an antibiotic and it helped but then called s few days later and said to stop taking it because I didn't have an infection. my dr now is telling me it's more than just bv, which is probably why I tested negative before. He looked at my discharge under a microscope. I started using clyndamycn phosphate vaginal cream about two days ago. Since using this cream I have developed what looks like a small pimple close to my clit.  It hurts when I touch it but not horrible pain. I don't feel tingling or anything like that anymore. It hasn't burst open yet and I noticed it yesterday morning. Doesn't look like a blister as the inside feels very hard. Could this be an infected follicle from the bacterial infection? Or a pimple? Not to be gross but the cream leaks out and causes me to be extemely wet. 

IMG_7694.JPG

Edited by Confusedmw

Confusedmw

I also have a photo of the "pimple" 

EarthSpecies

This is not even Close to Herpes, looks like some kinda Skin infection as the symptoms you mentioned are not relevant to Herpes too

cracked

Are you having any other symptoms that are typical of HSV like lots of itching, burning during urination, etc or shooting pains? I doubt that's HSV. Looks more like a pimple or bacterial issue as you said.

Confusedmw
8 minutes ago, cracked said:

Are you having any other symptoms that are typical of HSV like lots of itching, burning during urination, etc or shooting pains? I doubt that's HSV. Looks more like a pimple or bacterial issue as you said.

I was not ever experiencing itchiness from November until now. I had some burning during urination but bacterial infections can cause that I guess. Even though my blood test for hsv2 is negative I am still worried that it is hsv1

cracked
1 minute ago, Confusedmw said:

I was not ever experiencing itchiness from November until now. I had some burning during urination but bacterial infections can cause that I guess. Even though my blood test for hsv2 is negative I am still worried that it is hsv1

Do you already have an oral HSV infection from earlier in life or do your test results say you have HSV-1?

Confusedmw
9 minutes ago, cracked said:

Do you already have an oral HSV infection from earlier in life or do your test results say you have HSV-1?

I have had oral hsv1 since I was a kid 

cracked
Just now, Confusedmw said:

I have had oral hsv1 since I was a kid 

Then it's almost guaranteed you don't have HSV-1 genitally

Sharknado
56 minutes ago, cracked said:

Not to hijack the thread but can you describe what a 'shooting pain' is? I see it being used around a lot and unsure what kind of pain can be described as such. Wanna see if any of the pain I feel fits this. Thanks.

cracked
2 minutes ago, Sharknado said:

Not to hijack the thread but can you describe what a 'shooting pain' is? I see it being used around a lot and unsure what kind of pain can be described as such. Wanna see if any of the pain I feel fits this. Thanks.

I don't have any pain like that, but a lot of the people who do have CNS issues due to peripheral neuropathy (from irritated nerves) tend to describe the pain as shooting down from the lower back to the back of the thighs or down to the calves/feet. 

Confusedmw

So this does not look like herpes to anyone? Of course I know that you are not doctors. I am feeling like it may be folliculitis due to lack of pain. 

WannaCry

That looks like a cyst type zit. If it becomes a blister that is filled with clear fluid go to a walk in clinic/emergicarea nd request a herpes swab.

However I will say it's much more likely it's some kind of bacterial issue/irritation issue. HSV doesn't create 'hard' feeling blisters.

Tatu
5 hours ago, cracked said:

Then it's almost guaranteed you don't have HSV-1 genitally

I have read many posts that its almost impossible to get HSV1 genitally if u've had it orally since childhood. But I got it, may be its bad luck, idnk. I have been tested and unfortunately came back positive, I do not have anything except of and I have not had any OBs, but I do have burning not just only on female part but its moving through my body. I have never had somthng like that for all my entire life, and definitely this burning is real, not created in my mind. I am not telling that its directly related to HSV infection, but SHV just could trigger some skin or CNS reaction, irritation, whatever. I am not a doctor, I am not even trying to be and to make any diagnosis , but what I know all cases are very different, this disease is acting in a very different ways from person to person. For some ppl GHSV 1 is not a big deal and either no symptoms at all, either very mild, but some are suffering greatly.

Confusedmw
7 minutes ago, Tatu said:

I have read many posts that its almost impossible to get HSV1 genitally if u've had it orally since childhood. But I got it, may be its bad luck, idnk. I have been tested and unfortunately came back positive, I do not have anything except of and I have not had any OBs, but I do have burning not just only on female part but its moving through my body. I have never had somthng like that for all my entire life, and definitely this burning is real, not created in my mind. I am not telling that its directly related to HSV infection, but SHV just could trigger some skin or CNS reaction, irritation, whatever. I am not a doctor, I am not even trying to be and to make any diagnosis , but what I know all cases are very different, this disease is acting in a very different ways from person to person. For some ppl GHSV 1 is not a big deal and either no symptoms at all, either very mild, but some are suffering greatly.

What did you have tested if you've had no outbreaks?? 

IcantThinkofaName
15 minutes ago, WannaCry said:

HSV doesn't create 'hard' feeling blisters.

It actually does on the first OB- genitally at least

Confusedmw
15 minutes ago, WannaCry said:

That looks like a cyst type zit. If it becomes a blister that is filled with clear fluid go to a walk in clinic/emergicarea nd request a herpes swab.

However I will say it's much more likely it's some kind of bacterial issue/irritation issue. HSV doesn't create 'hard' feeling blisters.

It looks white. Honestly it looks like an inflamed fordyce spot. It's a hard ball inside. Doesn't look any different than it did yesterday. How quickly do herpes blisters pop open? 

Confusedmw
2 minutes ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

It actually does on the first OB- genitally at least

If this is my first outbreak then I have literally 0 symptoms, besides this bump. Would that be normal? 

IcantThinkofaName
Just now, Confusedmw said:

If this is my first outbreak then I have literally 0 symptoms, besides this bump. Would that be normal? 

I don't think your bump looks like HSV however. If it stays just  like that for a few days,it not. 

But during a first OB , you could get a red hard bump that hurts/burns, then following in the next days, more blister like sores in more places.

During mine, I had 2 big red bumps on either side of vagina,that were hard like acne cyst but not blisters. I tried to pop it and it wouldn't.  Thats when I started to worry

Tatu
11 minutes ago, cracked said:

@Tatu do you have HSV-1 orally too? 

exactly, since I was child,  hsv1 has not bothered me at all, smthng like 1 cold sore once per 5-6 years, it was nothing and has not effected me at all, but it have been like that until nov 2016.

cracked
1 minute ago, Tatu said:

exactly, since I was child,  hsv1 has not bothered me at all, smthng like 1 cold sore once per 5-6 years, it was nothing and has not effected me at all, but it have been like that until nov 2016.

But how is that possible to be re-infected with HSV-1 if you’ve had it since childhood? How did you find out you have it genitally if you haven’t had an OB down there and couldn’t get swabbed?

IcantThinkofaName

2 minutes ago, cracked said:

But how is that possible to be re-infected with HSV-1 if you’ve had it since childhood? How did you find out you have it genitally if you haven’t had an OB down there and couldn’t get swabbed?

another strain of HSV1 maybe?

idk

Confusedmw
34 minutes ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

I don't think your bump looks like HSV however. If it stays just  like that for a few days,it not. 

But during a first OB , you could get a red hard bump that hurts/burns, then following in the next days, more blister like sores in more places.

During mine, I had 2 big red bumps on either side of vagina,that were hard like acne cyst but not blisters. I tried to pop it and it wouldn't.  Thats when I started to worry

This is the second day. It will not pop either. However when I squeeze it it looks white. Could it be like a pimple on your face and just not be ready? It does not hurt at all unless I'm squeezing it. 

Tatu
15 minutes ago, Confusedmw said:

What did you have tested if you've had no outbreaks?? 

I've been tested through the cervical smear using test calls Polymerase Chain Reaction I do not know if in USA doctors using it to test HSV, from this site I understood that to get it tested you should have blisters to swab them.  I get it done it in Europe, also u can test almost all STD it. Also doctor even offer me to test saliva for HSV, but I have already had IGG, so it was unnecessary.

Moreover" HSV DNA detection is performed in specific instances by polymerase chain reaction (PCR).The virus may be isolated from cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) (in newborns), stool, urine, throat, anogenital mucosa, nasopharynx, and conjunctivae. HSV-1 DNA has also been detected in tears and saliva."

"

Tatu
36 minutes ago, cracked said:

through PCR by urogenital smear. I understood that not all countries are using it, do not know really why, cuz my doctor suggested me to take it, as I have not had any bacterial infection, but have had some burning, so she suggested to have it just to exclude the possibility of HSV. Test shows what strain do u have 1 ot 2nd and even quantity of dna of virus items. I can make a photo of the test results and send it to u.