World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Oceansateskylar

Please help I’m worried

Oceansateskylar

Hello everyone I’m 16 almost 17 and a couple weeks ago I had a patch on my face that I thought was herpes it looked like it a little but I didn’t know   It didn’t hurt or itch or anything. It finally went away but now weeks later my one part of my gum is a little swollen and my eye lid is a little swollen. I’m really scared they don’t itch or anything. My eye has a little reb mark at the corner or my eye lid. I just am scared I don’t know what having heroes would mean for me. But anyway any thoughts

Shine27

Hi ocean. Do you have a picture?

I mean picture of those symptoms on your face. 

WilsoInAus

I’m not sure these symptoms indicate a herpes infection.

Theres a reasonable chance though that may carry an oral HSV-1 infection.

There is only one golden rule to follow if this is the case. Keep any lesion well away from other people. That’s it!

It is a courtesy to tell physical partners that you have the cold sore virus.

All up though, it is totally up to you as to whether you want to know your status now. I’d suggest it wouldn’t hurt, you’ll likely obtain STD testing within the next few years in any event.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Ayopollo
      By Ayopollo
      Hey any help would be great. I’ve been losing my mind of this and I’ve been procrastinating on going to get tested because I’m scared of the results and also I have no insurance or anything to consult with a doctor.

so I got tested may of 2018 and I was positive for hsv1 which I feel like I may have gotten as a kid not sure, but since that test I’ve received unprotected oral sex twice and every since I’ve slowly been growing bumps on the meatus. I’m uncircumcised as well. Could this be herpes, warts, chlamydia? My girlfriend (I cheated on her and don’t know how to explain to her I might’ve caught something) has had a bit of blood discharge on her underwear in between periods. I work a lot and wear sort of tight clothing and I get smegma under the head as well. Smells bad too. Help!!! I’ve had this for months.
    • Tayyy
      By Tayyy
      Hi, I have consistent folliculitis in my genital area that has been confirmed before when I went for doctors appointments. I just had a boil on my outer labia about 3 weeks ago. When I noticed the bump(which was under the skin) there was a raised bump below the boil that was not firm at all. Everytime I applied pressure with my finger to the boil, pus would come out of the other bump. I assumed they were connected. Two days after that I had sex with my boyfriend and a few days after that, I noticed that the bump that was not firm was now red. It kinda looked like a blister so that concerned me. When I squeezed the bump pus squirted out, then a clear liquid. I put a hot towel to it and pus and blood popped out with some clear liquid. After that was drained out the bump was no longer raised and just went flat. The next day it was still red but lighter in color. It went away quickly and the firm boil above it also went down alot but I can still feel it under the skin if I search for it. Was this an outbreak or just bacteria? Can folliculitis or a boil turn to a herpes blister? All feedback is welcome and I am scheduling a dr appointment as soon as I can. Also I want to add that I am an African American woman and I was told my curly pubic hair could cause more boils and folliculitis. 
    • Mountainsplease
      By Mountainsplease
      I have noticed that I now have chronic constipation after my primary outbreak. Scientists have found a link to it. Has anyone else had this issue? Treatments?
    • Starlord
      By Starlord
      Hi all,
      I am new here. Is there any indians here?
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • that1youngguy
      hello all, update... so the white ulcer inside started around january 4... and today it is still there... no burning while i pee, just a constant mild irritation feel, no other symptoms i went back to get retested 2/12 so 2.5 months after exposure... including HSV, HIV, gon, chlam, everything came back negative... the doctor thinks it's some form of chlamydia, he gave my doxy for 10 days is it too soon to tell if i have HSV? is it possible to have an ulcer inside the urethra and be fungal or bacterial?
    • MikeHerp
      Probably not many.  I'm going to change my twitter symbol to the copper ribbon at least.  
    • nope1234
      okay! I guess I will just start at the basic dosage of vitamin C and go up every week little ? I take 1500 mg of super lysine like the bottle says and it still gives me gas and diarrhea. hoping it will pass if not I'll drop down to 2 a day! I really appreciate the advice! i know we would all.do ANYTNING to not have OB  at the moment idc about stigmas od boyfriends or dating or sex....I just care about FEELING healthy in my own skin. this is my one and only life 
    • Lulupazoola
      That sounds like a good place to begin.  The lysine worked really well for me for about a year and a half.  Then things got steadily worse for me and nothing worked until vitamin C.  My immune system is not that great even tho i take care of myself, so u may have good luck if u have a decent one.  With the vitamin c, u must 1) take it at intervals throughout the day, not all at once 2) dont increase the amount u r taking too fast 3) it will give u gas at higher doses and even diarrhea if u go crazy with it. These r signs to lower your dose!  If u can just control your OB's with vitamin c and lysine or anything else, maybe a cure will finally become available.  
    • nope1234
      any updates? worth the pricetag?  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.