World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Oceansateskylar

Please help I’m worried

Oceansateskylar

Hello everyone I’m 16 almost 17 and a couple weeks ago I had a patch on my face that I thought was herpes it looked like it a little but I didn’t know   It didn’t hurt or itch or anything. It finally went away but now weeks later my one part of my gum is a little swollen and my eye lid is a little swollen. I’m really scared they don’t itch or anything. My eye has a little reb mark at the corner or my eye lid. I just am scared I don’t know what having heroes would mean for me. But anyway any thoughts

WilsoInAus

I’m not sure these symptoms indicate a herpes infection.

Theres a reasonable chance though that may carry an oral HSV-1 infection.

There is only one golden rule to follow if this is the case. Keep any lesion well away from other people. That’s it!

It is a courtesy to tell physical partners that you have the cold sore virus.

All up though, it is totally up to you as to whether you want to know your status now. I’d suggest it wouldn’t hurt, you’ll likely obtain STD testing within the next few years in any event.