World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Ragnor123

Vaginal birth

MissHope

Me.... I've had two in fact and no, no transmission at all to either of my babies. 

I did take suppressive Valtrex daily for the last few weeks to ensure no outbreak at the time of delivery and all was fine :)

Li2019

Hello MissHope! Do you have type 1 ou 2 HSV?

Thanks!

MissHope
12 hours ago, Li2019 said:

Hello MissHope! Do you have type 1 ou 2 HSV?

Thanks!

I have Type II

sillysister

I have given birth twice without knowing at the time that I have ghsv2. No problems either time, my kids are happy and healthy and now 4 & 6.  Afterwards I'm both happy and a bit freaked out that I didn't know... it certainly saved me some anxiety. In the end all is fine so I have nothing to regret.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• MikeHerp
      One more point to add.  I noticed it at 47:46 minute mark: "Single cell analysis suggests that combinations of AAV serotypes effectively transducing all neuronal subsets may allow near complete elimination of latent HSV genomes".  (emphasis mine).  
    • MikeHerp
      Yeah, I understand what you mean.  Still, if it comes to market, it's possible that some people will want to use it as a suppressive, i.e. every day for years.  So potential toxicities might end up building up.  so I think they have to be cautious about that.   A lot of people say they wouldn't mind side effects etc. but if you end up blowing up your kidneys with some herpes meds, then it won't be much fun. Still, they did lift the suspension in the immune compromised, and even fast tracked the testing, so it could be approved after this phase 2 (potentially).  And they may go back to testing in healthy people as well.   Meanwhile, Maruho will be testing amenalief in healthy people in the US in the not to distant future. The near future looks bright for improved herpes meds.  These drugs might end up being a bridge while we wait for the FHC cure/functional cure.  I'm hopeful.    
    • Kurdt01
      for most people the virus gets easier over time, so if your just diagnosed and start in with all the natural stuff, of course you think it's working, but it's more than likely just your natural experience with the virus...not to be a debbie downer, just saying.
    • Kurdt01
      Do you have periods of say a few months where it's ok and then periods where it's off the charts and uncontrollable no matter what you do? Thats how mine is. It's always with me but there are periods where it's better than others....some months are ok, some are just relentless herpes....no rhyme or reason...it's never great no matter what. 
    • Mikeike3
      Denavir never did a good job blocking much for me and my derm said this is the norm. my next step is to do a few other blood checks to make sure I’m not destroying my insides and also add in tens which has been shown to reduce shingles outbreaks to hopefully deactivate as much of the virus as possible. Targeting lower back and thighs for this  disclaimer is that I’ve had no positive tests from wb igg culture or dna pcr so going off of visual diagnosis with md and fact I never responded to fungal and bacterial treatments over the course of a year . 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.