World's Largest Herpes Support Group
l.f.23

Acceptance is Key!

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

l.f.23

I try and always think on the bright side and be miss positive no matter what the situation may be. The phrase "everything happens for a reason" crosses my mind multiple times a day everyday in every possible situation.

So, not surprisingly that was the first phrase that crossed my mind when I realized that something just wasn't right down there. At first I was so upset. I was on a bad luck streak that just wasn't breaking. I let myself break down. Sometimes you have to do that! It's okay to not be okay. I cried, and then I thought about it. This was irreversible. Crying wouldn't change it. Showering wouldn't change it. Nothing would change it. But, my mindset is something that could be changed. 

Once I accepted it, I realized that this did happen for a reason. I'm still not sure what that reason is, but I know that it made me stronger. It's a growing experience and although there are good days and bad, mental acceptance is key. 

I also try to use humor. Making a bad thing "funny". Sometimes this takes people by surprise, but making a heavy situation lighter helps me and the people that I have told feel so much better. Just remember to always accept life as it comes, and never take it too seriously. 

Everything really does happen for a reason, always remember that. 

Quest

I need a better attitude! The only real positive that I have is that it woke me up to a less than perfect immune system! That's really important info for me! Compromised immune systems get cancer! I have a lot of cancer in my family.

SureWhyNot

Brilliant attitude and wonderful post.

I too believe everything happens for a reason. It was up to me to figure it out. I used the hsv to make myself smarter about my health and the take away after 36yrs has served me well.

I just read a book that states there are several different soul paths we choose before coming to earth to experience for our soul. I wanted to know where I fit in because there were many possibles. I was surprised to find out... My primary is rejection, my secondary is poverty. Nailing it!!!!!

I would say hsv is one of the greatest causes of rejection. I made the choice not to reject My Self because of it but to learn from it and what I learned has helped my life beyond dealing with hsv. We are here to learn and experience life. Up to you how you face it. Education, Acceptance of reality, Humour and Defiance serve well.

Quest, I did not "like" regarding the cancer in the family, sorry to hear that. I do "like" you took the wake up call. I am my own proof of learning to care for the body has its benefits. You will have your proof in time.

Quest

I have the hardest time with -everything happens for a reason.

Love the attitude and good luck on your journey!