World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Labscientist

When after random prodrome is it okay to have sex

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

Labscientist

I have been thinking about this a lot lately because I have prodrome symptoms a lot but no outbreaks. I have gHSV2 for about 5 months now. 

Does anyone know or have read anything about how long after having prodrome only the virus is still active? Say in the morning I feel a slight tingle but nothing the while rest of the day... would it be safe to have sex say like that night? 

Also half the time it's so slight I don't know if I can even call it prodrome. Because the body does that stuff normally to people anyways, you know random itches or tingles anywhere on the body, for sometimes no reason at all. But now even I get a normal itch maybe from a hair or something I always jump right to herpes. 

Any advice from experience ? 

WilsoInAus

My partner goes on the basis of nothing in the preceding 24 hours. It's worked thus far. I doubt all tingles are an example of viral activity (we all get tingles) but it seems a good rule to me.

IcantThinkofaName
7 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

My partner goes on the basis of nothing in the preceding 24 hours. It's worked thus far. I doubt all tingles are an example of viral activity (we all get tingles) but it seems a good rule to me.

haha, if I went by that rule I would only be able to have sex maybe 1 day a month, and thats only a maybe

Quest

And when you do, use coconut oil as a barrier and we have started spraying each other with zinc sulfate. At first it makes ppl break out..

condoms etc... what about an anti viral for the day?

Labscientist
5 hours ago, Quest said:

And when you do, use coconut oil as a barrier and we have started spraying each other with zinc sulfate. At first it makes ppl break out..

condoms etc... what about an anti viral for the day?

I do take 500 mg of valacyclovir everyday, which finally is reducing the amount of prodrome which I was having a ton of but no break outs

cowpoke02

long as you don't have prodrome .  dynamclear rapid gets that real good and fast .  melts away and makes ya clean .  long as feel healthy you usually  just dandy... can tell beside if in pops up from friction . once while seen where it can just happen from friction in second or surface one pop fast no feeling .   usually ya all good . quick look before ya go ..  good luck ..

WannaCry

Prodome is a set of symptoms that is known to precede HSV outbreaks in people. Symptoms can include itching (very localized), tingling, throbbing feelings. Occasionally people will feel slightly tired/ 'under the weather'. 

Also please note everyone that you HAVE to take antivirals for 7 days straight and continue to do so every day after to offer shedding reduction and transmission risk reduction. Taking an antiviral randomly before sex will offer no actual protection.

Divon

I highly doubt that a single fast tingle is enough to assume to shedding. The body is at pretty much constant battle with the virus, a slight tingle is just that you feel the antibodies attack the virus somewhere. When the virus starts to get really active you feel lots of tingles floating around and then a single spot often tends to get more "long term tingly" etc. Like someone else said, if every quick tingle would mean no sex for 24 hours you would probably have 1 day a month or so at best where it would be OK to go.

Lolita52

So I am all done with my first week of anti viral and leaving for Mexico today, I am worried of having an outbreak on vacation.  Does anyone know if you can get the anti viral in Mexico?

Divon
On 2018-02-11 at 5:17 PM, Lolita52 said:

So I am all done with my first week of anti viral and leaving for Mexico today, I am worried of having an outbreak on vacation.  Does anyone know if you can get the anti viral in Mexico?

Pretty sure you can get literally anything you want in Mexico :).