World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
soccerchick

my story

soccerchick

hey everyone, i've had herpes now for about a year and a half, i got it about a month before i turned 19...nice b-day preasant! i was so devistated when i first found out. i couldn't stop crying and was depressed for months. it's gotten easier though. i've had 2 boyfriends since, which i never thought would be possible. the first guy i was with, post HSV, was very understanding when i told him about it. he still wanted to be with me but he was very scared to have sex. we waited baout 6 months before we did and then he finally decided we was ok with it. but then by that time i had kind of lost interest in him. i was with the second guy for a month before i told him, he also took it well, but i ended it with him before we had a chance to have sex. telling people never gets easier. one of the hardest parts for me is feeling so alone with this. i know so many people out there have it but it's finally nice to hear some of their stories. i am taking valtrex everyday....well most days cuz i forget sometimes. i've had a pretty hard time with ob's, i get them about once a month if i'm not using supresive therapy....i wish i was one of those people who onl get an ob once or twice a year. so i confronted the person who i could have sworn gave this to me and he said he went and got checked out and didn't have it. this was shoking cuz i was sure it was him. now i have no idea who it was...it could have been any one of the people i have slept with in the past..(not that many by the way) so anyway, that's my story. it's been so nice to hear other peoples stories. i don't feel so alone anymore.

ouch

You know what is rad, soccerchick...that you are honest with potential partners about your status. You are a stronger, and better person than most of the so-called "adults" I have seen posting on here recently. (who do NOT take the high road and tell...)

You are still the same lovely, wonderful girl you were before. That will never change. I think you attitude is honest and quite refreshing. I love it.

I know herpes sucks big time...I have had hsv1 (coldsores) since I was a little kid...and just got one recently that looks HORRIBLE....(after years of NOT having one!) and I contracted genital herpes about 4 1/2-5 years ago....by a jackass liar boyfriend. I was in major denial at first, and was SURE the tests were wrong, because I was one of the lucky (lucky!?) ones who never had an outbreak...but then reality set in.....(via a horrific outbreak while pregnant) SO.....

I am sorry you have to take meds everyday, but perhaps as time marches on and your body builds up more antibodies against the virus, you can wean off of them. Just be sure to eat really well, and you can also take some vitamins to help you as well.

Good luck to you and I am glad you found this forum so you CAN see you are not alone. I wish you the very best!!

Ouch

ps...and do you play soccer?!?! If so, keep it up...great exercise.....alot of fun....and will help you in the fight against herpes!!

alwall0828

I just wanted to say keep your head up. And just because he was tested, doesn't mean he was tested for herpes. Most STD testing leaves that one out and you have to request for it. So don't let it bother you. The finger pointing on who gave what doesn't do any good for you or the suppresiveness (is that a word haha) of the virus.