World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Divon

A thread about searching for love or acceptance abroad

Divon

Hi!

I haven´t seen a lot of threads about seraching for love abroad after herpes diagnosis. I believe there are pros and cons to this. The pros are the obvious, your mild contagius virus might not be such a big dealbreaker to someone who dreams of finding a foreigner to marry and move with. The cons are that they could potentially be scared about your virus and say that they do not want sex prior to marriage because of it or not accept any kind of prenup agreement because they risk to get infected. Furthermore, in several second world countries the herpes type 2 prevalence reaches far beyond 30% of the population.

I would like to open a discussion about finding love in South America, Asia or Africa or even Eastern Europe. Talk about your stories, your thoughts and opinions, ask questions, talk about herpes stigma in other countries, discuss VISA related topics and so on.  Let´s get it rolling!

Perhaps someone has even encoutered foreign herpes forums or support groups?

Quest

If something were to happen with my current relationship I think I would be just fine disclosing it or finding a dating site HSV2.

A high school friend got a very young bride from Russia. The men are jealous and make fun of his looks compared to hers. I think she is beautiful smart and they will do well.

You think you can't find someone in your own country? Not challenging you, just curious.B|

cowpoke02

costs a lot to ring in a russian .  europeans have disease all over and friendlier civilized  people .. they help and like people.  guys are brutal or can be . different female over there . relaxed , campy what ever and nature ..  see good in people and good guys are loved . . can be crazy sex addicts  .  so women like foreign or different .  same story every where ..   deferent cultures different values and society ..   they could live in a camper and most here have high needs . haha. . 

cowpoke02

go over sea's ya have a decent woman in little while .  they have competition so they attack you . i met awesome guys to on vacation once .. good way to meet a lotto people fast verse life time . you can do life time in one year through travel meet tons of people.  

Divon
On 2018-03-03 at 8:08 AM, Quest said:

If something were to happen with my current relationship I think I would be just fine disclosing it or finding a dating site HSV2.

A high school friend got a very young bride from Russia. The men are jealous and make fun of his looks compared to hers. I think she is beautiful smart and they will do well.

You think you can't find someone in your own country? Not challenging you, just curious.B|

I´ve been abroad quite a bit in my life and to be honest with you. I think I could have higher demands in female partners with herpes and always disclosing in a place like South America than I can have in my own country without herpes. Therefore it seems quite pointless to try to search for one who would accept it in my own country. Having HSV2 as a guy below 30 in a western country is quite uncommon and being a guy who has it and knows that he has it is super uncommon so it´s pretty tough to get them to take that risk when they have a ton of options. Maybe if I was my old stronger self it wouldnt be a huge problem but while depressed as hell its not gonna work.

IcantThinkofaName
Posted (edited)

I caught my HSV from a guy in eastern europe. I am pretty sure my fiancee was just using me to get a green card. He didn't care about my health at all. ( Evident  after how he treated me when he infected me and then just flat out ignored me after it became clear I wasn't going to marry him right away) He's probably spreading HSV to someone new now.

Apparently  HSV and HPV rates are super high for the bulgaria region  & former yugoslavia. (Preventative Healthcare there is pretty sucky and their hospitals are scary places). I wish I had know that before making this huge mistake with this person.  And those people in countries not in the EU are generally desperate to get out of it. I am pretty sure you could find someone to marry you from there. Good luck with the green card application, Those can take years now.  Or You have to get a fiancee visa- also can take years.  But Buyers beware, you might end up with another disease or ...someone who is using you and doesn't really love you and will leave you the first chance they get.  I'm not sure which is worse.

Edited by IcantThinkofaName

Jimmyjimmyhuapua

We are living in a global world and we are connecting to each other via internet. Yes its possible we are all human and i believe that people may have different races or appearence but we are all human and we are the same in thoughts and feelings. But my first priority would be having tested for all stds whenever i will start to a relationship

Divon

I see so much talk about "make sure that your partner gets tested he / she can have that or that" on this forum. What would you do with the information that your partner was positive for something else? Assuming it´s not HIV, you want to find someone who accepts your HSV but you are not willing to accept what they might have or what?

Taintedgirl
29 minutes ago, Divon said:

I see so much talk about "make sure that your partner gets tested he / she can have that or that" on this forum. What would you do with the information that your partner was positive for something else? Assuming it´s not HIV, you want to find someone who accepts your HSV but you are not willing to accept what they might have or what?

It’s not about acceptance but rather your health. This disease as you know exploits a shot immune system so adding something like hepatitis is not going to be good. Forget the stigma and think rationally.

Quest

Perhaps I would do the same. Especially because I do think it leads to depression and I felt alone when I was single. I like that you just won't give up. That is key. I don't think anyone should give up on love or sex.

Jimmyjimmyhuapua
7 hours ago, Divon said:

I am already dealing with one disease so i wouldnt want one more trouble this one is quite enough already. Its for health yes to be more careful. So next time i want to be sure that i wont be infected with another disease. I am okay to find a girl with herpes only so to make sure it i  would ask for other stds as well to keep both side safer. Because as you know hsv makes easier to get other viruses easier.