World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Divon

Another red / irritated / burning glans thread

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

Divon

Hey guys

https://imgur.com/a/ZeHrh

So my glans is pretty much always a bit irritated, in this picture it was probably a bit extra irritated. Had the whole area PCR swabbed just after which didn´t detect virus particles at the time so it shouldnt have much to do with whether the virus is active or not, rather something like a loss of skin or eczema I assume. 

So my first question is whether to use or not use fat creams to soften the skin? I have used this sometimes but Im not sure if it has really been helping or if it has in fact made it worse. I saw someone recommended "dynamiclear rapid" for similar problem but Im not sure where to get that without ordering it online and waiting over a month for shipment. This fires up the most if I touch the area a lot or get an erection. If neither of the two happens it usually isnt much of a problem but there will always be some red spots or dots.

Scooby2112

I had similar redness and irritation.  Maybe not as widespread.  

I wasnt having much irritation just localized but I was worried about the redness.  I started trying everything from antifungal creams to antifungal powders, bee pollen, creams/moisturizers, benedryl topical, steroidal creams etc.  

I decided to stop putting things in it and dealt with the irritation for a while, I also started to simply rinse it with water a couple times a day (whenever I noticed it got tacky and moist) and dried it well.  

Also leave it out and open to the air as much as possible.  Even with a fan or cold blow dryer on it to keep it dry.  Soft loose cotton boxers is another way for good airflow.  

Since then it has gotten much better.  I am still occasionally getting irritated but not to the extent as before where I could barely function for the day.  

Are you known positive for ghsv? I wouldn't have thought your irritation looked like herpes but you never know.  

Divon
3 hours ago, Scooby2112 said:

I had similar redness and irritation.  Maybe not as widespread.  

I wasnt having much irritation just localized but I was worried about the redness.  I started trying everything from antifungal creams to antifungal powders, bee pollen, creams/moisturizers, benedryl topical, steroidal creams etc.  

I decided to stop putting things in it and dealt with the irritation for a while, I also started to simply rinse it with water a couple times a day (whenever I noticed it got tacky and moist) and dried it well.  

Also leave it out and open to the air as much as possible.  Even with a fan or cold blow dryer on it to keep it dry.  Soft loose cotton boxers is another way for good airflow.  

Since then it has gotten much better.  I am still occasionally getting irritated but not to the extent as before where I could barely function for the day.  

Are you known positive for ghsv? I wouldn't have thought your irritation looked like herpes but you never know.  

Like I said this irritation has been PCR swabbed negative, its not herpes in itself if anything just a reaction to it. Never taken a bloodtest to confirm it but I´ve gotten pretty much every symptom that is related to herpes after having very rough sex several times in a row with someone a few years back. I confronted her recently and it turned out that she had herpes, so lets just say that its more than 95% certain that I have it.

My thesis is that my glans got like this and didnt fully heal after I had a massive foreskin swell up followed by blisters. (The only time I had typical blisters with some kind of fluid). If I get aroused it can flame up around the glans and feel warm on the penis or even around it for 1-2 days sometimes. When this happens, the redness gets worse and the red dots that I have get more clear red.

I think what you are saying is what I should be doing though. I need to get a lot of comfy loose underwear.

Edited by Divon

Scooby2112

The thing is herpes or complication of herpes is that you can get balanitis fungal/bacterial infections that can cause this.  Sometimes as secondary infection to H sometimes  without H just as irritation to sex or because of a random happening.  

I would suggest confirmatory testing though.  AN Igg type specific test can help determine the possibility.  

Divon

The thing is herpes or complication of herpes is that you can get balanitis fungal/bacterial infections that can cause this.  Sometimes as secondary infection to H sometimes  without H just as irritation to sex or because of a random happening.  

I would suggest confirmatory testing though.  AN Igg type specific test can help determine the possibility.  

Ye I know that. about fungal though, tried fungal creams and that seemed to only make things worse. Also, often a fungal infection is accompanied by white stuff. I feel very confident that this is an unspecific type of balanitis that the skin developed as a trauma result of swelling and blistering.

Scooby2112
7 hours ago, Divon said:

Ye I know that. about fungal though, tried fungal creams and that seemed to only make things worse. Also, often a fungal infection is accompanied by white stuff. I feel very confident that this is an unspecific type of balanitis that the skin developed as a trauma result of swelling and blistering.

In those cases a mild steroid cream used sparingly is the course.  Again not enough to leave it wet, very thin layer.  Steroids absorb about 5x more on penis skin.  Then keep it dry.  Also if this is fungal/yeast or there is any H a steroid can make it worse so keep an eye on it.  

Steroids shouldn’t be used more than a week without supervision as you could atrophy the skin.  

Scooby2112

I treated for yeast.  Didn't notice improvment.  However I probably could stand to change my diet.  

Whitend

I treated for yeast.  Didn't notice improvment.  However I probably could stand to change my diet.  

My story real quick...I suffered for months seeing numerous dermatologists and even going to the mayo clinic.  The sensation was overall red irritation and tacky feeling under the foreskin.  I could see the difference but the Drs always told me that it looked normal and to change laundry detergents or fabrics.  This made no sense to me.  

A few months latter in OCT I finally had some skin that changed so much that there was no doubt something was going on.  I insisted to be seen by the Dermatologist and have a sample taken.  It came back as fungal.   I was on high dose anti-fungal pills for two months along with prescription strength cream.  This still did not resolve it 100%.  The Dr would not give me a 3rd month of pills due to how hard they are on the liver.  He did continue to tell me to use the cream and that it may take months to resolve.  Today I feel about 99% better than what I did at the beginning (so bad that underwear was uncomfortable - I couldn't even jog due to the mechanical friction)

Bottom line in what I learned from the dermatologist and reading online, is that Fungal infections can be a long term problem for some people (think athletes foot or toe nail fungal issues).    The two week OTC treatment that I started with and thought I ruled out Fungal/Yeast was not adequate.  

I would go see a dermatologist and have a biobsy done after suffering for months with pain but no visual appearance that would sway a  Drs from the "it looks normal" despite the real discomfort.