World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Just want to move on.

Vical hsv therapeutic.

Just want to move on.

This could be good. 

VCL-HB01 HSV-2 Therapeutic Vaccine

• Vical is developing the HSV-2 therapeutic vaccine, VCL-HB01, to treat patients with symptomatic genital herpes infection. The vaccine is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 study in healthy adult subjects, 18 to 50 years of age who are randomized 2:1 to receive either vaccine or placebo. Recruitment of 261 subjects at 15 U.S. clinical sites was completed in April 2017 and 4-dose vaccination series was completed in July 2017. Following the 4thvaccination, each subject entered a 12-month surveillance period during which each new lesion recurrence is assessed in the clinic by the investigator. Once all subjects have completed a minimum of 9-months of surveillance, the primary endpoint of annualized recurrence rate will be calculated based on those recurrences that are both clinically- and virologically-confirmed. This endpoint provides important information on the number of recurrences over time in this chronic disease setting and is clinically meaningful for both patients and treating physicians. Vical remains on target to deliver top-line results during the second quarter of 2018.   

Voyager2

I seem to recall something negative awhile back, but if they are continuing to test it, then they must be getting good results, no? I'd love to see them succeed. Best of luck to them.  

Divon

Serached around a bit, seems that it could possibly reach a 50% lession rate reduction. Not a miracle worker but if it could hold up to that, it would be good enough to get if it was on the market for a somewhat affordable price. If phase 3 is as expensive as it is rumored to be, it probably wont go through a phase 3

Just want to move on.
On 13/02/2018 at 2:27 PM, MikeHerp said:

That was posted on the 22nd June 2015, the article from vical website is from 2017 so let's hope it's still a contender :)

MikeHerp

Yes, it definitely is still a contender and results of further phase 2 tests are expected in the first half of this year.  I'll definitely be tuning in.

But the chance of this going to phase 3 or actually getting approved, after it controlled shedding worse than placebo in the first part of phase 2.... is not high.

But Vical is currently one of the very few companies that is still testing a new HSV treatment in human trials, so I can only hope for the best.  

bigfella01

Keep an eye out also for the Admedus hsv 2 vaccine development in Australia. The company is currently in negotiations with big pharma I believe regarding their hsv and hpv vaccines. The CEO Wayne Paterson has said that an announcement regarding a deal/partnership to move the vaccines forward will be announced by the end of March 2018. Remember the team is lead by professor Ian Fraser who is the person who invented the Gardasil vaccine. Basically Admedus doesn't have the type of money needed to move into a phase 3 so we will see what transpires in the next few weeks.      

MikeHerp
On 2018. 3. 3. at 7:51 PM, bigfella01 said:

Keep an eye out also for the Admedus hsv 2 vaccine development in Australia. The company is currently in negotiations with big pharma I believe regarding their hsv and hpv vaccines. The CEO Wayne Paterson has said that an announcement regarding a deal/partnership to move the vaccines forward will be announced by the end of March 2018. Remember the team is lead by professor Ian Fraser who is the person who invented the Gardasil vaccine. Basically Admedus doesn't have the type of money needed to move into a phase 3 so we will see what transpires in the next few weeks.      

Thanks.  Do you have any link regarding the CEO stating that "a deal/partnership to move the vaccines forward will be announced by the end of March 2018"?  What is this info based on?  Just curious.  

bigfella01

It was in an update to the market a while ago can't say exactly. But all they will admit publicly is that they have been in talks/negotiations and that an announcement re their vaccines hsv/hpv will be made by the end of March. In the end it could be positive news or something else we have to wait and see as they can't give a running commentary on this. It will be good to know either way the outcome. I always backed Ian Fraser as he has the credentials. We can only wait and see what happens next if anything. I hope it's good news but have learned to temper expectations in this space. Take care.   

MikeHerp

Thx for that.  Yeah, I'm not that hopeful on Admedus.  Their results weren't bad, but not great.  If nobody wants to partner on Genocea's GEN-003 whcih has been tested much more thoroughly, then I'd be surprised if Admedus finds any takers.

Hoping for the best however.  As you said, Ian Fraser has the credentials.  

bigfella01

I suppose the one thing that keeps me interested in Admedus was that when their 2b results came out they did a webinar mid last year and from memory and I could be wrong but i believe they seemed to indicate that while the public are fixated on viral shedding and lesion reduction as to be expected that professor Ian Frazer and his team were interested in safety and T cell response at this stage. It seemed to me that they were indicating that what your looking for {the public} and what we are looking for aren't the same thing.  I'm no scientist so take it with a grain of salt and they were very brief when they spoke to the market.  Any way only a couple of weeks to vax update. Take care.

MikeHerp

Thx. hoping for the best.

fugazi1
On 3/11/2018 at 4:40 AM, bigfella01 said:

Any way only a couple of weeks to vax update. 

Hi, are you referring to Vical here or Admedus? Thank you 

bigfella01

Admedus apparently giving an update by end of March re their hsv/hpv vaccines.

lookingforanswers18

I know some are not optimistic about this vaccine, but anything is possible and if anyone was wondering I reached out to them and they said this is when they will let the public know.

20180426_103019.png