World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Just want to move on.

Vical hsv therapeutic.

Advertisement
0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD? Get tested privately here.

Just want to move on.

This could be good. 

VCL-HB01 HSV-2 Therapeutic Vaccine

• Vical is developing the HSV-2 therapeutic vaccine, VCL-HB01, to treat patients with symptomatic genital herpes infection. The vaccine is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 study in healthy adult subjects, 18 to 50 years of age who are randomized 2:1 to receive either vaccine or placebo. Recruitment of 261 subjects at 15 U.S. clinical sites was completed in April 2017 and 4-dose vaccination series was completed in July 2017. Following the 4thvaccination, each subject entered a 12-month surveillance period during which each new lesion recurrence is assessed in the clinic by the investigator. Once all subjects have completed a minimum of 9-months of surveillance, the primary endpoint of annualized recurrence rate will be calculated based on those recurrences that are both clinically- and virologically-confirmed. This endpoint provides important information on the number of recurrences over time in this chronic disease setting and is clinically meaningful for both patients and treating physicians. Vical remains on target to deliver top-line results during the second quarter of 2018.   

Voyager2

I seem to recall something negative awhile back, but if they are continuing to test it, then they must be getting good results, no? I'd love to see them succeed. Best of luck to them.  

Divon

Serached around a bit, seems that it could possibly reach a 50% lession rate reduction. Not a miracle worker but if it could hold up to that, it would be good enough to get if it was on the market for a somewhat affordable price. If phase 3 is as expensive as it is rumored to be, it probably wont go through a phase 3

Just want to move on.
On 13/02/2018 at 2:27 PM, MikeHerp said:

That was posted on the 22nd June 2015, the article from vical website is from 2017 so let's hope it's still a contender :)

MikeHerp

Yes, it definitely is still a contender and results of further phase 2 tests are expected in the first half of this year.  I'll definitely be tuning in.

But the chance of this going to phase 3 or actually getting approved, after it controlled shedding worse than placebo in the first part of phase 2.... is not high.

But Vical is currently one of the very few companies that is still testing a new HSV treatment in human trials, so I can only hope for the best.