World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Jason77

Mandatory STD testing and cards

Jason77

It should become a global law that people get tested for STD’s on a regular basis and have their cards updated.

Anytime people become intimate they should need Share the info with the potential partner.

WilsoInAus

Yes and if anyone tests positive for anything they should be taken away in the lorry for ‘reducation’.

Jason77

Not at all but the other party could then make an informed decision. Sounds perfectly reasonable.

WilsoInAus

But what proportion of the world can afford testing after every time they have sex?

Jason77

I don’t know but it could be offset by less treatment needed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• cubensiis
      By cubensiis
      So ive tested negative for most std's but my doctor never gives me the viral load count?... Is this because im testing negative??.. How can i contract something if its undetectable?? Does that mean it's gone?? 
    • Elsa
      By Elsa
      Okay I will provide a brief back ground then would just like opinions or advice. I had been extremely ill with a bad head cold for about 3 weeks that antibiotics were not helping. Even now 5 weeks later I still wake up with mild throat pain. I started feeling burning in my vagina and automatically assumed this was a yeast infection as I have been with my daughters father for 9 years now and have had 0 other partners during this time. About 4 days after the original vaginal symptoms I noticed small white ulcers inside my Labia (looked exactly like a canker sore but on my vagina). I immediately went to gyno who told me that it was herpes and started me on valtrex. I had taken a fluconazole 2 days prior as I had assumed yeast infection. The next day my symptoms were gone and the Ulcers were practically healed as well. I don’t know if I can attribute this to fluconazole or valtrex. I had cultures done which were both negative, and igm which was negative both 1 and 2. Then an igg negative type 1 and positive type 2 at a 1.11. I was devastated to get a result 0.01 over being equivocal or negative. Also of note my partner got tested and he was negative for everything and has never had symptoms. So I believed I must have got this over 10 years ago when I was in high school and carried it this whole time and even had it when I had my daughter. I decided to go to my previous gyno (went to a new doctor first time as I had just moved). He ordered another hsv2 igg. And this one was NEGATIVE at a 0.84. I am conflicted as to what I should do. I did not think my “outbreak” looked like herpes personally, but I had an expert telling me it did. I was just so extremely sick. The second test was only 3 weeks after the first. This has been extremely emotionally exhausting for me. Especially as a mother because my mind was spinning thinking I could have hurt my child at birth or given it to her in her short life so far. My partner doesn’t think I need more testing and I am leaning toward just waiting till my next pregnancy and doing another blood test then. Is that crazy? Thanks 
    • me943
      By me943
      Hey guys I need some feedback and insight,
      A year ago I took a blood test for herpes and I got Herpes Simplex Virus 1/2 test, IGM is positive with a ratio of 1.60. I followed up with an HSV 1 & 2 IGG specific test and got negative results. I am concerned on my results and unsure of what to do or what to think. I haven't had any outbreaks or any signs of herpes. I thought about getting another blood test done to double check, but I need some opinions on what to do.

Please help me!!!
    • strength88
      By strength88
      Hi yall, so I got tested for HSV and I had my index show up .10 for both 1 and 2.

Then my buddy got tested and he's index were .35 for 1 and .20 for 2.

My question is why are there different ranges of the IgG testing.  Both are negative I understand that but why the ranges in the test results? 

Can anyone help explain this to me.
    • tbell718
      By tbell718
      I just found out I'm positive for HSV 2 after having my yearly check up, never had a noticeable outbreak..  A week before I was tested I had unprotected sex.  I told him right away (very hard to do) and he got tested about 2 weeks after the "event".  His results are positive via blood test, he didn't ask which test or the actual numbers.  He has no symptoms and it's been about 3 weeks now.  Everything I'm reading says the antibodies don't show up right away, so now I'm thinking he might have already had it.  Does anyone have any experience with a positive test so soon?  My mind won't let me stop thinking that he is lying (or really didn't know he already had it) and I'm taking all the blame, willingly at that.
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Quest
      I wanted to validate your choice. He saying 500mg. Plus he was saying it was his favorite for HSV. 
    • HSV-1
      Immediately after it clears Phase 3, they might price Pritelivir in an exorbitant fashion and only prescribe it to immunodeficient patients (AIDS). I'm also curious how fast HSV is expected to evolve resistance against Pritelivir.
    • AnonF
      So I disclosed for the first time last week. I was feeling confident after reading all of the positive disclosure stories out there. I was armed with the stats and presented the information in a calm manner as recommended. I was happy to find out that the guy already had a lot of knowledge about it because had an ex w the same issue. It was nice to have sex without having to worry about harboring a secret, I felt normal for once   I got a text from him in the AM and I was hoping for the usual "had a great time, can't wait to see you again" but instead he was blithering on about being paranoid about the contact. We exchanged one more message that day, and today I sent one, no response..... pretty certain I've been ghosted.  I am back to that dark place where I feel like I'm unlovable / unfuckable dreg of society. I'm a single parent which doesn't help, nobody wants a relationship w someone like me... add the herpes and I might as well be a 400 lb amputee on welfare with an IQ of 70. I feel like I am going to have to eventually "settle" for someone that is willing to be with me, but I don't really like them. I feel that a man that is willing to accept this is probably an unwanted outcast himself.  So ultimately I fear I will have nobody, or settle for a guy that disgusts me
    • jxc1337
      Maybe I should up my intake of olive leaf? 
    • Wtfisthisplease
      I'm pretty sure I have ghsv1 but it's not confirmed as I test negative via igg blood test but I probably would not fully disclose even if I had 100% proof. Right now I have disclosed that I think I may have had a coldsore and that's it. Turns out the two girls I've disclosed that to said they get coldsores too so it's a non issue. Hsv1 is a little bit different though in terms of prevalence. If I were in your position (assuming you have hsv2) and took antivirals I probably would not feel the need to disclose during hookups. However in a long term relationship I think it's important. When I disclosed that I may have had a cold sore in the past to a girl I was about to get intimate with she disclosed that she had an oral coldsore before and was positive for hepatitis B. I'm glad she disclosed the hep B because I wanted to make sure I had hep b titers. If the same girl disclosed she had hsv2 I would just make sure she's taking antivirals and wear a condom. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.