World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Miha

R2 HSV mutant, real thing?

Miha

So, ive been digging the web again and found out about this particular technique of using mutated virus, that can not travel to nerve ganglia. Anybody heard of this before? The publishing date is not so prechistoric (Dec 2017) so there could be hope...

https://www.google.com.vn/amp/s/medicalxpress.com/news/2017-12-herpes-virus-mutant-vaccine-strategy.amp#ampshare=https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-12-herpes-virus-mutant-vaccine-strategy.html

Edited by Miha

watashiwa

I believe this method has been brought up before for HIV. 

Even if it's successful, it might not be useful for existing HSV carriers.

Miha
14 minutes ago, watashiwa said:

I believe this method has been brought up before for HIV. 

Even if it's successful, it might not be useful for existing HSV carriers.

If it could completely prevent establishing the infection in healthy people, that would release so many of us from a burden of fear to infect significant other. Which would make our lives so much easier.

Edited by Miha

watashiwa

You're totally right in approaching this from the other way. 

Sadly, in order for these to reach availability to the general public would take at least 10 years. 

MikeHerp

This sounds promising.  Though, who the hell knows whether it will go anywhere.  

""We are amazed by the efficacy of this vaccine, but this gets to the point where basically you need to partner with a pharmaceutical company. The hope would be that once the paper is out, and people start seeing the efficacy of this approach, they'll take interest and there'll be people that want to try and push this forward with our help," Smith said."

Jimmyjimmyhuapua

The nearest cure is excision's cripspr method otherwise i dont see any vax will be in near future

Miha
4 minutes ago, Jimmyjimmyhuapua said:

The nearest cure is excision's cripspr method otherwise i dont see any vax will be in near future

I hope so much for excisions success.

Jimmyjimmyhuapua
4 minutes ago, Miha said:

I hope so much for excisions success.

All of us has only hope on this.. Even if they cant cure this they could produce somethings to prevent new infections. We are told it can even pass during using condoms. If there would be a preventative thing or drug or something we wouldnt suffer this much

watashiwa

I wouldn't think of going that far yet.

I hope that we will be able to have tools to help us detect asymptomatic shedding.

Knowing if there is shedding taking place, we can wiselyhold off any activity and continue later :) 

Kind of like the "I'm on my HSV-period now, lets do it sometime else".

Jason77
On 2/13/2018 at 11:36 PM, Jimmyjimmyhuapua said:

Keep in mind it is not meant to be a cure. It will only impede replication not latent infection. Read their pipeline. :(