Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sharknado

HSV 2 negative at 16 weeks. So what's wrong with me?

Recommended Posts

Sharknado

My numerous symptoms are well documented via my posts on this forum. Numerous atypical lessions post exposure.

Over the past 2 months i've had constant pain in my lower extremities: throbbing pain in thighs, hamstrings, calves and aches in feet and heels. Infrequently nodes in my armpit feel sore. 

The pain in my feet or soles sometimes take the form of a  painful pins and needles sensation. I do not feel right at all. I just tested negative for hsv2 at 16 weeks. I have a long-standing hsv1 infection.

Now, I feel unwell. My blood count has been stuck in mild neutropenia ( low wbc neutrophils) since month 1.5 post exposure. I took a CBC during my hsv test 4 days ago and the results are worrying; 

Wbc: 2.7 (normal 4 to 12)

Neutrophils: 1.2 ( normal 2 to 7.5)

Lymphocytes: borderline low at 1.01 ( normal 1 to 4)

Monocytes, eosinophils marginally low.

Cortisol high at 520 ( normal 166 to 507)

I was totally fine prior to the encounter. I had a medical a month prior which was all normal. What could possibly be wrong? HIV and heels panel all negative. I've booked an appointment with a Hematologist but the earliest date was 10 days away. 

Since I was quite sure that I had contracted hsv, an assertion that my testing history disproves, the CBC abnormalities  have me thinking  whether I'm immunocompromised in some way and my body is struggling to produce hsv antibodies.  I'm however not fixated on hsv being the cause. I just wanna get well. Any thoughts on this and what could possibly be wrong?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taintedgirl

Maybe wait a little longer and retest some people on here have had the same but when they later retested it turned out to be herpes. Give it 2 months and retest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharknado

Also, has anybody encountered such blood count abnormalities especially 4 months after the fact?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

Only your doctor has the full details and history to guide you toward diagnosis and restoration of your health.

I'd be surprised if your doctor doesn't include a focus on your lower back and possible inferences to nerves heading into your lower body. It may also be that you have some form of virus and your symptoms are immune related. These are just a couple of numerous possibilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scooby2112

@WilsoInAus wouldn't you expect that if someone was immunocompromised and had H, they would experience more typical and frequent breakouts?   Not get atypical sensations without obvious signs.  

I agree a lot that can be here and this board is not equipped for systemic blood count questions and speculation on other things that are this broad.  

Edited by Scooby2112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
1 minute ago, Scooby2112 said:

@WilsoInAus wouldn't you expect that if someone was immunocompromised and had H, they would experience more typical and frequent breakouts?   Not get a typical sensations without obvious signs.  

I agree a lot that can be here and this board is not equipped for systemic blood count questions and speculation on other things that are this broad.  

I agree 100% but we only have our logic to go on. We have to remember that the core programmed DNA of HSV 1/2 has the following ambition... get to the surface to infect another human. The job of the immune system is to defeat ambition. If your immune system is compromised that really only serves to allow HSV 1/2 to do what it does best... get to the surface to infect another human.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pappus

I am negative at 9 weeks and 13 weeks via herpselect igg..but have itching and all typical sensations. I have nerve pain in arms too. Doctor saying to relax and go to a GP..Still waiting to test at 4 months for the positive result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
11 minutes ago, Pappu said:

I am negative at 9 weeks and 13 weeks via herpselect igg..but have itching and all typical sensations. I have nerve pain in arms too. Doctor saying to relax and go to a GP..Still waiting to test at 4 months for the positive result.

Welcome to the website, I hope you find what you need here.

Your testing is conclusive, you are negative for herpes antibodies and the virus. What you describe doesn't really give cause too much concern regarding herpes. 

You seem very anxious about this encounter and this is stressing you greatly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

To be immunocompromised is a serious illness that would need appropriate testing. It does not appear likely that you are this way inclined. Speak to your doctor but I’d be surprised if (s)he entertains that line of inquiry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pappus
10 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Welcome to the website, I hope you find what you need here.

Your testing is conclusive, you are negative for herpes antibodies and the virus. What you describe doesn't really give cause too much concern regarding herpes. 

You seem very anxious about this encounter and this is stressing you greatly.

I have concerns because i had two painless sore/ulcers which i couldnt swab at that time because i was overseas and it took a few weeks to heal. I was very fatigued at that time, not sure because of stress or due to it. I  visited the gyn doc after 2 weeks but she said it might be balanitis. I am really concerned since i have these nerve tingling sensations and stiff neck, armpit pain (which just started). All together i feel i have herpes. I would have tried to believe otherwise if dint have any symptoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
44 minutes ago, Pappu said:

I have concerns because i had two painless sore/ulcers which i couldnt swab at that time because i was overseas and it took a few weeks to heal. I was very fatigued at that time, not sure because of stress or due to it. I  visited the gyn doc after 2 weeks but she said it might be balanitis. I am really concerned since i have these nerve tingling sensations and stiff neck, armpit pain (which just started). All together i feel i have herpes. I would have tried to believe otherwise if dint have any symptoms.

The symptoms you describe do not really align with herpes. I am not sure what you have read that stretches your mind in that direction.

Nevertheless, your testing as now trumped in and has concluded that you do not have herpes.

I suspect there is a residual unresolved stress regarding the encounter of concern, was this not your regular partner for example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pappus
2 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

The symptoms you describe do not really align with herpes. I am not sure what you have read that stretches your mind in that direction.

Nevertheless, your testing as now trumped in and has concluded that you do not have herpes.

I suspect there is a residual unresolved stress regarding the encounter of concern, was this not your regular partner for example?

My encounter was a happy ending massage which ended in a handjob. And all symptoms started with little aches after a week. Also had sligh ear pain. The sores/ ulcer came up after 40 days and was fatigued after that. Also i had aches and pains in lower body before that. Even after the outbreak i am continuously having aches and stiff neck and nerve pains which started after 2 weeks after outbreak. I am having upper body nerve pains too meaning i might have autoinoculated mysef from my penis to my upper body. Very much devastated!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus
7 minutes ago, Pappu said:

My encounter was a happy ending massage which ended in a handjob. And all symptoms started with little aches after a week. Also had sligh ear pain. The sores/ ulcer came up after 40 days and was fatigued after that. Also i had aches and pains in lower body before that. Even after the outbreak i am continuously having aches and stiff neck and nerve pains which started after 2 weeks after outbreak. I am having upper body nerve pains too meaning i might have autoinoculated mysef from my penis to my upper body. Very much devastated!!

You can be quite confident that herpes does not transfer from a handjob. Hence your exposure is not really an exposure to herpes. The timing of your symptoms doesn't even really strongly link it to the massage.

You have all the proof you need to conclude that you were not infected with herpes during the episode:
- zero risk or negligible at worst of herpes transmission in the massage epsiode
- timing is well out, herpes symptoms average about 4 days from infection
- herpes symptoms are typically lesions at the site where the virus enters the body, there are sometimes additional symptoms that are downstream of lesions
- your 13 week negative test is conclusive in its own right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pappus
15 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

You can be quite confident that herpes does not transfer from a handjob. Hence your exposure is not really an exposure to herpes. The timing of your symptoms doesn't even really strongly link it to the massage.

You have all the proof you need to conclude that you were not infected with herpes during the episode:
- zero risk or negligible at worst of herpes transmission in the massage epsiode
- timing is well out, herpes symptoms average about 4 days from infection
- herpes symptoms are typically lesions at the site where the virus enters the body, there are sometimes additional symptoms that are downstream of lesions
- your 13 week negative test is conclusive in its own right.

I did get aches and pains a week after. It just took the ulcer outbreak to happen after 40 days. I masturbated the day before which must have created the outbreak. The sores where on my penis which was were i received the handjob. I significantly doubt the negative test since i am having all these symptoms or else i would have been overjoyed. Also i have occassional tingling on my penis. I am waiting to retest at 4 months and if still negative get a western blot if dint get any ulcers in between this time frame. I have seen lot of posts in which people get false negatives. I believe i am one of them. It was my only sexual encounter in life and it ended up like this. Thanks  heeps for your help and advice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharknado

So I saw a new GP today. The dude was quite young so my first impression was that he was inexperienced and wouldn't be of much help. 

After listening to my issues, I must admit he surprised me. He deftly asked a series of probing questions and concluded that while it was possible that there was something going on with me, he sensed a very hightened state of anxiety and an unhealthy propensity to self diagnose. This left me quite impressed because I made a conscious effort not to project myself as a nervous wreck in my narrative lest he dismisses me outright. It was more like talking to a therapist than a medical doctor. 

I was detained for an hour and given vitamin B12 and some something else intravenously to help my immune system. He gave me some days off and said I should take it super easy and come back after a week. My CBC test shall be repeated and it's only then that he'll assess and evaluate that issue if it still persists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharknado
25 minutes ago, Pappu said:

I did get aches and pains a week after. It just took the ulcer outbreak to happen after 40 days. I masturbated the day before which must have created the outbreak. The sores where on my penis which was were i received the handjob. I significantly doubt the negative test since i am having all these symptoms or else i would have been overjoyed. Also i have occassional tingling on my penis. I am waiting to retest at 4 months and if still negative get a western blot if dint get any ulcers in between this time frame. I have seen lot of posts in which people get false negatives. I believe i am one of them. It was my only sexual encounter in life and it ended up like this. Thanks  heeps for your help and advice!

Hi Pappu, 

Shame on you for attempting to hijacking my thread

: ) 

On a more serious note though, I may not be the best person in terms of knowledge to address your current issues but I do empathize since I'm in the same boat of uncertainty. From the extensive reading I've done since my exposure I think it is extremely unlikely if not downright impossible that you got herpes from this encounter. You first of all need to consider how and at what point the masseuse could've gotten the virus on her hand. Even if she touched herself (which I doubt happened) right before the actual hand job, that would not have been a viable transmission method. 

Then we have the symptoms. Primary outbreak normally occurs 2 to 10 days post exposure, lessions and all. You did not get this. The sores are curious but do not fit the typical have timeline. The other symptoms are very much like I'm experiencing now. I'm also very much concerned that it's hsv at work but do admit that anxiety and stress can also have a lot to do with it.

 

Edited by Sharknado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pappus
30 minutes ago, Sharknado said:

Hi Pappu, 

Shame on you for attempting to hijacking my thread

: ) 

On a more serious note though, I may not be the best person in terms of knowledge to address your current issues but I do empathize since I'm in the same boat of uncertainty. From the extensive reading I've done since my exposure I think it is extremely unlikely if not downright impossible that you got herpes from this encounter. You first of all need to consider how and at what point the masseuse could've gotten the virus on her hand. Even if she touched herself (which I doubt happened) right before the actual hand job, that would not have been a viable transmission method. 

Then we have the symptoms. Primary outbreak normally occurs 2 to 10 days post exposure, lessions and all. You did not get this. The sores are curious but do not fit the typical have timeline. The other symptoms are very much like I'm experiencing now. I'm also very much concerned that it's hsv at work but do admit that anxiety and stress can also have a lot to do with it.

 

Sorry for hijacking. :) I thought we were on the same boat hence posted here. I am more worried about she having given a handjob to someone else and not washing her hand properly. It is not impossible but can usual i agree. Also can be a case where she had asymptomatic shedding from previous herpetic whitflow on hand. Its very unfortunate but yes even stranger things happen. Apart from herpes i cant relate my symotoms to anything else. The only close one would be glandular fever assuming my sores where from a staph infection. So i am planning to test for that if my next month herpes test comes back negative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WilsoInAus

Hey @Sharknado how do you feel about that? I do see that this doctor is at least astute and open to possibilities and ranked a particular view after balanced consideration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scooby2112

@Pappu can you describe these "ulcers" that came after 40 days?  Typically herpes form a skin eruption that break the skin.  Typically in a round shape that fill with fluid(blister) as the immune response occurs.  

What you describe almost sounds like chafing.  Have you been putting any treatment  on your penis?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pappus
1 hour ago, Scooby2112 said:

@Pappu can you describe these "ulcers" that came after 40 days?  Typically herpes form a skin eruption that break the skin.  Typically in a round shape that fill with fluid(blister) as the immune response occurs.  

What you describe almost sounds like chafing.  Have you been putting any treatment  on your penis?   

There were two sores of which one was round. I did not visualise the blistering stage since they were already open when i saw. I was cleaning myself when i saw it and was not painful. It became mildly painful as wen u have open skin not anything more.  I guess it then lead to a secondary infection and lasted for three weeks because i was not properly drying off. I was fatigued during this phase and had body aches. I read only viral infection cause body aches. So i believe it was not bacterial. Unless it was a bacterial infection and had another kind of viral infection during that time. I am just waiting for it to be diagnosed right so that i can take safety measures around family. It has really been a stressful phase and do hope it is something else and not herpes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharknado
4 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Hey @Sharknado how do you feel about that? I do see that this doctor is at least astute and open to possibilities and ranked a particular view after balanced consideration.

I think it's a sound path I'm willing to go along with. It's dawned on me that even if I do have hsv, I'm doing way worse to my body and livelihood by the constant fretting and paranoia. My specialist appointment that I had pre-booked is about 8 days away anyway. At least stress can be eliminated from that conversation if the systemic issues are still persisting at that point despite me taking it easy and relaxing for a week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WannaCry

@Sharknado I don't know of any immunocompromisation that would make you NOT produce antibodies to HSV. Typically immune issues makes it easier for all kinds of infections to replicate at a high volume. The fact you've also had a negative PCR swab makes it even more unlikely.

I think your current Dr is very wise, and B12 deficiencies can cause nerve pain issues - this is documented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Taylor

@Sharknado what part of your groin was swabbed and have you tested positive for hsv 1? 

I'm 8 plus months from possible exposure and still testing negative for both and I also have a negative pcr swab on, in and around my penis glans. I also have nerve pain,  but only when I sit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      68,821
    • Total Posts
      460,233
  • Posts

    • Blanca2018
      Has anyone tried Longdanxiegan (LDXGFG) as a treatment? There seems to be scientific evidence of great results in animal trials. This is the link to the study https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1028455916000322. It is a Traditional Chinese Medicine formula that now has won some scientific attention. I have previous experience using Traditional Chinese Medicine for improving symptoms of another rare diseases I suffer and, seeing this has been backed by some research, I am considering giving it a try. Thanks to all contributors to this forum for all the valuable information shared.
    • tayelle
      Wow this is very sad that this man committed suicide from hsv. We've all been there with depressive states. I think the numbers are accurate...no more than 15% have hsv2. Every forum I join, its low numbers compared to other diseases. 
    • theuniversesucks
      yep going into my sixth year , constant constant scrotum tingling , when i say constant i mean 365 for the last 5 years , been living on autopilot , dead inside .
    • theuniversesucks
      thats amazing , sign me up for a shipment , can you use your transporter to ship the goods ?
    • KG303
      Me either. I got it from someone I truly cared about and in my experience it’s been hell because I was so hurt over the fact that he put my health at risk without even caring of the consequences because I was so good to him. He was in college starving so I would offer to buy him groceries, I would always be there when he was having a tough time and give him encouragement, and in the end he ignores me but still can go out and party. So maybe I was better off catching it from someone I didn’t care about. Maybe then i wouldn’t be as emotional over it. I feel like if I would’ve just got it from a one night stand I could be like oh yeah well shit happens, but getting it from someone I would’ve done anything for just ain’t fair because I was good to him and I know some people may not know they have it but he was sleeping with multiple women but acting like he wasn’t. If we’re having sex you should care about me enough to let me know what’s going on so I won’t sleep with you anymore if you’re wilding out that crazy but whatever. 
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.