World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Carmen Jones

I just need a friend

Carmen Jones

It's getting harder and harder for me to fight off negative thoughts. This virus is ruining me. I'd just really like someone to talk to about this... 

Todd27

Hi Carmen, we are all here for you, say whatever on your heart and know that we love and support you.

WilsoInAus
7 minutes ago, Carmen Jones said:

It's getting harder and harder for me to fight off negative thoughts. This virus is ruining me. I'd just really like someone to talk to about this... 

You can do this. This is perhaps the major problem with herpes. 

Stand up and fight, you have only been diagnosed with an IgM test. Such as test has the substance of a tissue, do not give it any power at all.

Your dark thoughts must have a core fear, what is that fear?

DD2018

I completely relate to this. Mid October last year I had my first outbreak. As soon as it happened I called to make an appointment with my doctor but it took a month and a half to get in to see her and by then the sores had gone. She never even tested me, I told her my symptoms and she prescribed me vaclivor for outbreaks. I felt so alone...it felt like a death sentence...and sometimes it still does. I don’t know how to get out from under the weight of the disease. I feel so dirty...unloveable...and like I have this awful secret that I’m so afraid of people finding out. 

I’m sorry you’re feeling this way...but you aren’t alone. I find talking with my counsellor and my best friend about it helps, you can’t keep it all inside or it will ruin you. Stay strong hun.