World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Hopeone

Struggling in the uk

Hopeone

hi everyone just a quick question is there anyone from the uk that struggles getting a diagnosis ? Feeling really low at the minute and don’t get anywhere when I see my doctor don’t really know were to turn to next. Thanks

WilsoInAus

The first thing to look at though are your symptoms and what your doctors are advising. You describe a host of symptoms from bladder to thighs. Without those good old fashioned lesions on your penis, regardless of your fears, these symptoms are 95-99% likely due to something else. You can never be closed to possibilities until one possibility is proven. In many of these cases, you will never know. Look up posts on prostadynia and you will see what I mean. A vast number of us blokes get weirdo symptoms in our penis, testicles, anus, bladder, prostate, kidney, urethra etc. and we never know what it is. But it goes.

If you still wish to seek herpes answers, I think for the UK (I'm an Aussie) it is easier to get the necessary tests done privately. Costly, sure, but you get your type specific IgG test for HSV-1 and HSV-2. 

inapickle

@HopeoneTheres an online service called Better2know. they can set you up with an appointment to get an IGG test. Should be about 130 pounds I believe.

anothergirl

I was lucky and my GP was ace but if he hadn’t been then I’d have gone to the local GUM clinic for a full screening. Do you have symptoms? Feel free to message me x 

Hopeone

Hi thanks for the reply’s sorry about the late response.will look into better to no thank you. I’ve posted a picture of a spot on my right leg which Appeared about seven months ago. About three months after my first symptoms never had anything look like this on me before.thanks again for you time and help.

F1E64454-5BD8-4049-95E7-F05B6CD82730.jpeg

WilsoInAus

That doesn't look like herpes. It generally won't appear on your leg.

You would expect to get sores on your penis. Where exactly are these?

Hopeone

One single sore was about seven months ago on my right leg two inch’s above my knee. I’ve had more two months ago on my stomach went doctors she didn’t really look at them properly just said not herpes she don’t want to see me anymore about infection or Diseases.1AFEE58D-D1E7-418C-A40A-6DF5A7D3629A.thumb.jpeg.785066ae39ae9478956c00156bf03f43.jpeg1AFEE58D-D1E7-418C-A40A-6DF5A7D3629A.thumb.jpeg.785066ae39ae9478956c00156bf03f43.jpeg

Micah

You can get sores in that area. But that looks like a rash from jeans possibly. Hard to tell. Keep pursuing a test as its never a bad thing to know your status

Hopeone

Hi Aveeno there was about six of these would say more like ulcers. But definitely not boils with the other symptoms I have had over ten months.