World's Largest Herpes Support Group
wrecklessyouth

Going Through The Motions

wrecklessyouth

I was diagnosed with Genital Herpes 18 months ago and it just doesn't get any easier.. I'm still just as angry/upset about this whole situation. It weighs me down that little bit more every day like a tonne of bricks on my shoulders. I don't even know who I am anymore, I have pushed the closest people away from me without even realising I just don't know what to do I need help.

IcantThinkofaName

yeah, me too :(

Im in counseling but Its not really helping. My counselor has nothing to say to me. I guess there is nothing to say or do. It just "Is"

wrecklessyouth
2 minutes ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

yeah, me too :(

Im in counseling but Its not really helping. My counselor has nothing to say to me. I guess there is nothing to say or do. It just "Is"

I was thinking maybe go to counselling and tell somebody so its not eating away at me but I don't think I could do it

IcantThinkofaName
2 minutes ago, wrecklessyouth said:

I was thinking maybe go to counselling and tell somebody so its not eating away at me but I don't think I could do it

this is my second counselor too. So I have told someone i don't know twice now. And  Its still eating away at me. But I guess I get to talk someone about it rather than no one, holding it in .

I have told a few friends too. They are either 1. tired of hearing about it or won't interact with me or ignore my feelings, or 2. play it down like its no big deal it seems, telling me to  "just get  over it."  One"friend" said its all in my head (about HSV and I'm just a hypochondriac. WTF?!!?) This counselor  person is forced to listen at least.

You might feel better. You have nothing to lose. They cannot tell other people your situation.

Trusting1960

I'm 57 year old female with first OB this past week. I'm also a therapist. Yes, it's awful, but don't let it ruin your life. It's just cold sores down there and very manageable. Read all you can and use all the good advice available. I don't even know if my BF well stay with me or if he's the one who gave it to me in the first place. If he doesn't then he wasn't the right man for me. It all boils down to perspective and a healthy perspective starts with acceptance. I've decided to take this experience as a learning curve and opportunity for growth. It's not easy and it sure isn't fun but who knows where this journey will take us. One thing I've learned about life is that it is tough, but it could always get a lot worse. All the best to you as you work through this difficult issue!

IcantThinkofaName
1 minute ago, Trusting1960 said:

Yes, it's awful, but don't let it ruin your life. It's just cold sores down there and very manageable.

I'm glad its very manageable for you. It isn't for me though.  Its constant problems and sores. Its not the same for everyone.Some people have more symptoms than others. 

Sorry this happened to you.

Trusting1960

I'm very sorry you're suffering so.I'm just learning about it and I'm sure everyone experience is different. Have you tried doing all the immune boater things like lysine, magnesium, peppermint, ecinacea, daily anti-viral? Cut out coffee (ahh! I'm down to one cup!), oats, gluten, chocolate and nuts?

IcantThinkofaName
2 hours ago, Trusting1960 said:

I'm very sorry you're suffering so.I'm just learning about it and I'm sure everyone experience is different. Have you tried doing all the immune boater things like lysine, magnesium, peppermint, ecinacea, daily anti-viral? Cut out coffee (ahh! I'm down to one cup!), oats, gluten, chocolate and nuts?

I've had this  for more than a year and Ive tried almost all natural things, supplements, cutting foods out, AVs, fasting, IF, etc. etc. Nothing works. AVs help (but not completely or 100%) plus they are causing dehydration and sinus /throat problems. 

Its not been manageable or me. I was a pretty healthy person before  getting this, I used to run (not anymore),  I go to the gym/work out, and I was/am really careful about the food I eat and diet, GlutenFree, etc. Very health conscious.