World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Frankman60

Can somebody help answer this

Frankman60

So I was diagnosed October of 2017 with hvs-1 it was 5.00 IGg never had and outbreak sore or blisters on my lip or in my below area I jus wonder what's the chance of it being gential I step out on my partner in 2016 but the person showed me test that she was clean I jus need to know cuz I driving my self crazy 

WilsoInAus

Hey @Frankman60

Similar to your other post, the most likely explanation is that you have HSV-1 and neither of your two recent partners do. Now there is a chance that an oral HSV-1 infection from childhood is missed by their tests, but this adds nothing or alters the thinking expressed here.

A primary infection with HSV-1 is not trifling matter. There are virtually always lesions and probably some other symptoms as well as the site where the infection occurred. Many people with oral HSV-1 do not experience outbreaks beyond a few months of infection. This hence means that there a lot of people who have HSV-1 from childhood and do not know it owing to no living memory surrounding their infection and subsequent months.

This all means that a healthy positive for HSV-1 antibodies and zero recollection of an outbreak of lesions anywhere on the body virtually assures that a childhood oral infection is present.