World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Mimi89

Scared

Mimi89

I was infected with hsv 2 on February 24th still waiting for my blood test to come back even though I’m not naive to what’s happening down there. My family and friends have been supportive but I still feel alone since none of them really know what I’m going through. Any feedback, encouragement, and understanding is greatly appreciated plus I have a few question about natural approaches and eventually having kids 

Stg20

We are in same boat. But I have hope it will be very hard but we can beat this. Stay postive and hope for the best

Edited by Stg20
Not good enough

Mimi89

The part that’s making me angry about the whole situation is the guy that gave it to me is denying that he has it at all. He’s the only person that I’ve been with since December and I started going through symptoms 24 hours afterwards 

WTHerp
44 minutes ago, Mimi89 said:

The part that’s making me angry about the whole situation is the guy that gave it to me is denying that he has it at all. He’s the only person that I’ve been with since December and I started going through symptoms 24 hours afterwards 

Unfortunately this is all too common. They either deny it, they act like they just found out after you confront them or they half ass admit it but act like it's no biggie because their symptoms aren't that bad. He may never admit it. I'm sorry you got infected, it will get a bit easier to deal with mentally & physically as time goes by :(

Valkyrine
8 hours ago, WTHerp said:

Unfortunately this is all too common. They either deny it, they act like they just found out after you confront them or they half ass admit it but act like it's no biggie because their symptoms aren't that bad. He may never admit it. I'm sorry you got infected, it will get a bit easier to deal with mentally & physically as time goes by :(

My ex who gave it to me admitted to the blisters and where they were, how contagious they were even wore gloves (he had them every where! Genitals, mouth, hands, everywhere) and how his girlfriend got her flair at the same time he did and how amazing they get to go through it together. He did call it a flair. He won't ever admit it's herpes. But at least I had a bit of a heads up before I got my first outbreak.

As far as family planning goes, Mimi, I been curious about that since my diagnosis as well. I have kids with my ex. That's the only reason he gets to breathe in my general direction or at all. I want kids with my new spouse. You can have kids! You can have normal births and can breastfeed. There has to be some precaution to prevent the baby getting the virus and a possibility of a c section if you do have an OB. Prenatal visits are vital and them knowing your status. Other than that it's relatively normal. Oral herpes have to be more cautious like with kissing kids, but genital herpes stay clothed and wash hands after going to the bathroom or if you touch the sores or anything. General care.