World's Largest Herpes Support Group
FireLove96

Does this look like HSV outbreak? (Pic)

FireLove96

So I’ve got my sores looked at by my doctor and she said it wasn’t herpes. But I strongly feel like it is! She didn’t do a swab or anything. I’m very scared.

34219A07-7476-47BF-A78E-785F7F48E37C.jpeg

Edited by FireLove96

WilsoInAus

What did she think it was, yeast?

I think a swab would greatly help your understanding.

FireLove96

She said she thought maybe Folliculitis. She did do std testing which everything I was tested for came back negative. I believe the only thing I wasn’t tested for was HSV. But I’ve been having outbreaks that come and go that last about 3/5 days ever since a sexual encounter. When I asked him if he had given me something he said he was clean, but I don’t believe him, he stopped talking to me since. It gets Extremelly itchy. I’m going to probably get a second opinion from someone else because I feel like I need treatment to help this as soon as I can :(

WilsoInAus

It could be a number of things, but I’d suggest herpes is on the list. How long since the encounter?

If 12’weeks or more demand a herpes antibody test IgG for HSV-1 and HSV-2.

The better option is to have one of those patches swabbed.

FireLove96

It’ll be a year in mid June. I’ve been holding off now for a little because I’ve had her check it out at least twice and both times she says it doesn’t look like herpes so she just blows it off it seems... Ive been meaning to go to planned parenthood, I was just hoping maybe she was right and it’d get better... but it seems to always come back after a month or two.

WilsoInAus

You really need the blood test for clarity and it should provide some insights now.

Newtothisandscared

My first outbreak started/looked the same way, and the differential diagnosis was folliculitis (versus herpes). Getting it swabbed showed HSV for me.