World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Justmyluck07

Question??

Justmyluck07

Hi there,

I was diagnosed with HSV-1 only (down south) about a month ago after having my first breakout. It started as what I thought was a yeast infection, since I’ve had one before and didn’t have any bumps-that is until after I used monistat 1-day treatment...then i was experiencing the worst pain of my life. All of my symptoms lined up with negative side effects of monistat which included painful blister like ulcers on the affected area...but anyway! The doctor put me on valcyclovir 1 gram tablets and after the 10 day treatment they were gone. I haven’t had any new ones show up since (that I can see at least) but I’ve noticed this tingling itch every time I try to be intimate with my fiancé....I was just wondering from those with more experience or maybe that just know more about it, is this normal??? Along with a couple other unfortunately timed events, this crap is putting so much stress and tension on our relationship...what can I do?

thanks to any and all responders

justmyluck07

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• hangirl
      By hangirl
      Ive have GHSV1 for two years and have not experienced an OB since my first initial one.. except for now i think. I was very stressed and worrisome, which caused me to get itchy down there, and now everytime i wipe i feel like there are blisters, but when i look there are none! im so confused and not sure if its just my mind trying to trick me, but i can sometimes feel them when i am sitting down, it feels like pins and needles.. has anyone else experienced this?? i dont know what to do! im trying to not think about it and 'think' my way out of this outbreak
    • hangirl
      By hangirl
      I was diagnosed with GHSV1 two years ago, i was in denial and still am. The doctor even said that what I had did not look like herpes. Dont know how or when i got it, and thats the worst part. I havent had an outbreak for two years, and i started feeling normal and honestly forgot i had it. I practiced safe sex but did not disclose my condition in fear of rejection. I have been taking Lysine and have been feeling great...until now. A former partner (who i never had sex with in any form), approached me saying he had gotten diagnosed HSV1, this brought back the stress, anxiety, fear, and depression I had gone through with my diagnosis. which then caused me to spiral into research and sleepless nights spent thinking how i will conquer this disease. After all the stress and research i am now feeling itchiness down there and pins and needles feelings, yet no blisters or rash. No clue if its my mind messing with me, or an actual outbreak (would be my first since my diagnosis). I guess i just need reassurance and consolation.. I feel lonely, no one knows i have this... The guy i am seeing now will not want me if i tell him... I keep convincing myself that if i take care of myself and continuously practice safe sex, i will never have to tell anyone until i meet my husband but i know that is not true... I have no where to go and dont know what to do.
    • KatJ
      By KatJ
      I was diagnosed almost a year ago and have always struggled to find an outlet or any support. I stumbled upon this site when researching a new rash. I’ve constantly struggled with dealing with my herpes, especially since I got it due to being raped.
      I hope to be able to talk to some people with similar experiences and problems. I have HSV1 in the genital region. Does anybody else deal with that as well? 
    • Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I was diagnosed with ghsv-1 about a month ago. I have been having problems with the lymph nodes in my neck. My outbreak on my genitals have cleared up so I am unsure why my lymph nodes are still in pain. Can I also have oral hsv-1? What should I do? 
  • Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.