World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Justmyluck07

Question??

Justmyluck07

Hi there,

I was diagnosed with HSV-1 only (down south) about a month ago after having my first breakout. It started as what I thought was a yeast infection, since I’ve had one before and didn’t have any bumps-that is until after I used monistat 1-day treatment...then i was experiencing the worst pain of my life. All of my symptoms lined up with negative side effects of monistat which included painful blister like ulcers on the affected area...but anyway! The doctor put me on valcyclovir 1 gram tablets and after the 10 day treatment they were gone. I haven’t had any new ones show up since (that I can see at least) but I’ve noticed this tingling itch every time I try to be intimate with my fiancé....I was just wondering from those with more experience or maybe that just know more about it, is this normal??? Along with a couple other unfortunately timed events, this crap is putting so much stress and tension on our relationship...what can I do?

thanks to any and all responders

justmyluck07

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I made it to month four without a visible sign of an outbreak. I had a really bad outbreak in the ending of April and was diagnosed with GHSV1. My initial outbreak took about a month to heal and left scars (a lighter pigmentation from my overall complexion on my genitals). Sadly I have been ridiculously paranoid to the point I have taken two 7 day treatments of Valtrex. More than likely it was probably just yeast infections (I get them way more than I should, even before getting hsv). I also take lysine twice a day and three times a day when I feel like an outbreak is coming on. I’ve been applying tea tree to my genitals everyday since getting diagnosed to dry out any potential outbreaks that are present that I possibly mistake for an ingrown hair. When does the worrying stop? How often have anyone on this forum with GHSV1 get outbreaks? What’s are some good tips and tricks?
    • Tack99
      By Tack99
      June 3rd I may of been exposed to Herpes.
      Performed oral and vaginal sex with a one night stand.  A few days later, "felt off" and got tested on the 7th (negative for all stds, but not tested for herpes)
      Took a round of Doxycycline the following week around the 14th for a few days as I was feeling extremely Hot and urinating frequently.  It seemed to help for an instant, however still feeling off.
      Tested again n the 28th - Negative for all stds including HSV igg however positive for HSV igm with an index of 1.14 (Positive being anything greater than 1.1) *approximately 26 days after suspected exposure
      Dr. prescribed Valacyclovir 2x day.  Started taking medication July 2nd.  
      Pain and discomfort in the penis continuing.  With sensations in the pelvic area and kidneys.
      Tested again on July 20th - Negative for all stds and HSV igg/igm.
      Tested again August 6th - Negative for all stds and HSV igg/igm.

I have been taking valacyclovir since July 2nd 2x daily.
      I have felt just not right since the possible exposure date (or shortly after).
      My penis has gone through feelings of tingling sensations, heat, pain but not to touch, pain in my pelvis.  Things seemed to of started with a burning sensation in the inner thigh.
      I feel as I am having shooting sensation in my legs and occasionally have an itchy/tingle around where my pubic hair is from time to time.  Hell, today and maybe yesterday I've noticed tingling in my scalp.
      I tried again today to not take the valacyclovir and lasted until about 11:30 am after waking up around 8 am.  My lips and the skin around my face starts to burn and the tingling around the pubic hair area of my genitals increase in its sensations.  It's almost as a sleeping demon is waking up when I don't take the meds.  When I take it, it takes about a day or so for things to get back in control.
      My penis/genitals have also not smelled the same since.  It seems my scent has changed. 
      Today is day 68 - is this how it's going to be forever?  
      I am worried I have this all over my face as the burning is in the corners of my mouth and down my chin, as well as my nose.
      I have not shown any sores however I do feel my penis and scrotum has felt hot and sometimes red, typically on the head of the penis at the urethra.  Multiple dr's say it looks normal to them.
      I am so lost and feel like I am falling apart physically, mentally and emotionally.  I guess I just wait until week 12 (in a few more weeks) to maybe test positive... but then what? 

• 24nu4m
      By 24nu4m
      https://imgur.com/aLhu3PA
      https://imgur.com/CIz39XC
    • Ellabux99
      By Ellabux99
      23year old Female; Been a year since a swab came back HVS1 positive on my vag!
      I’ve never had an STI in my life and Really compared to my friends have only had sex a handful of times.. so why me. *Tear sliding down my face. 
      6 partners.. 2 of which were after my first outbreak (unprotected one nighters - clearly didn’t learn my lesson) 
      I didn’t tell them, is that bad of me? They didn’t ask.. and after all it’s just a cold sore nore was I having a flare up at the time I actually forgot I had it for a while!
      I have endlessly trolled website after website..most of them contradicting others, I feel like I know more now then any doctor ever could! 
      On my year anversery of contracting this thing I had a nasty flare up. 5 weeks. To be fair though no where near as painful as my first! Had I of not left it four weeks to get the antivirals I feel like it wouldn’t have been half as bad - this makes me feel a little better knowing it’s not going to be as bad as my first although I do here you can get them in you wee hole *ekkkkkkk
      that scares me.
      Anyways.. I want to know anything and everything about your experiences! 
      Triggers - food, sex, exhaustion, periods (or periods/ hormones effect HSV 2 more so)??
      I just started a very physical job when I got my first and current reoccurance riding race horses in the saddle for 5 hours+  6 days a weeks do you think irritation had somthing to do with it? I wasn’t sleeping well either so maybe I was exhausted? 
      Reoccurance rate 
      Do you tell your boyfriends
      Do you pretend your one of those people who don’t know untill they get a flare up - has that ever worked against you? 
      Do you just say you get cold sores? 
      If both has ghsv 1 can we have sex or will it still spread? 
      I went to a sexual health clinic after the outbreak upset and crying.. I asked if my sex life was over she basically laughed in my face and went don’t be stupid, I wouldn’t even tell them you have it! The question is what if I was to have a flare up.. and with this new job I worried flare ups are going to happen quite often! 
      After all it is just a cold sore. 
      Thanks
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Unsure if you have an STD?
    Get started with testing options here

• WilsoInAus
      @clarke53 without a swab that’s a hugely risky call!
    • clarke53
      ok so you must know 13 years ago i did something ill regret the rest of my like before that night ive never had any kinda sore on my lips and ive never had anything on my genitals ive had tons of blow jobs from women and never gave them anything because i don't have genital herpes so one night i seen a shemale and gave oral 2 days later i had burning on inside of lip and a ulcer there and i don't go a week or so without a outbreak so about a month or so later i was tested for herpes and came back nigitive for hsv 1 and positive for hsv2  to this day ive had blow jobs no condom and ive never gave any girl anything so i know i don't have genital herpes!!  
    • blurneworder
      How long has this happened to you? What was swabbed? Results yet?
    • hobson
      Hi all  i have been to a doctor on 4 seperate occasions since I had unprotected sex with a woman who I later found out has herpes . They have said “it doesn’t look” like herpes . My penis always is red , inflamed anabolic has little red pimples on it.  I am constant uncomfort and pain in my gential areas, tingling , fatigue . None of the drs have done a blood test. I have researched DNA testing as they appear more accurate. I saw a dr this week and he took a swab. It’s always on my mind now because I have just started a relationship and don’t know if I should tell her. I’m scared she will run a mile . I haven’t told her because the dr said I was fine . I don’t know what do to do .  Any advice would be appreciated . I have a history with depression and this is adding to it 
    • WilsoInAus
      @clarke53 why do you think you do not have an asymptomatic genital infection. The mouth sores don’t seem to be herpetic.  What protection do you use genitally?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.