World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Chris Taylor

IgG results

Chris Taylor

Since June I had a risky encounter,  tested and have been negative till this point , but back in August I was 0.72 on hsv 1 , never had oral hsv1. I know it's negative but then a month later and 5 months after that I was at 0.20 , I took another one recently and it jumped to 0.58. What could that mean? 

Thanks everyone.

cracked

There’s a baseline value for different IgG test method I believe and there are always small fluctuations in those values due to the steps taken during the testing I think. @WannaCry can probably give you a more detailed and thorough answer though.

WilsoInAus
1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

Since June I had a risky encounter,  tested and have been negative till this point , but back in August I was 0.72 on hsv 1 , never had oral hsv1. I know it's negative but then a month later and 5 months after that I was at 0.20 , I took another one recently and it jumped to 0.58. What could that mean? 

Thanks everyone.

It means negative. Every test has a minimum control value that varies between 0 and 0.8.

It is likely that each of your scores was the minimum possible for that particular testing well set. It is correct to conclude that no antibodies were found.

Chris Taylor

@WilsoInAus @crackedi@crackedi just it weird that it was at 0.20 for 5 months straight and then shot up.

WilsoInAus

Not really, different batch of kits, different lab technician...

Quest

If I remember correctly you had a lot of the symptoms without the numbers. Did you get any response from your Dr? Make sure you go over all of the issues that can cause nerve pain. Maybe even look into Dr. Teitelbaums testing. They do believe viruses cause nerve pain in fibromyalgia. He can get rid of it in about a year. Sorry to say it takes a lot of testing and work on your part. Dr. Teitelbaum gets results though! He has a bunch of videos on Facebook and YouTube. Focus on those videos that fit your symptoms.

Chris Taylor
42 minutes ago, Quest said:

If I remember correctly you had a lot of the symptoms without the numbers. Did you get any response from your Dr? Make sure you go over all of the issues that can cause nerve pain. Maybe even look into Dr. Teitelbaums testing. They do believe viruses cause nerve pain in fibromyalgia. He can get rid of it in about a year. Sorry to say it takes a lot of testing and work on your part. Dr. Teitelbaum gets results though! He has a bunch of videos on Facebook and YouTube. Focus on those videos that fit your symptoms.

Yes, plenty of symptoms. One of the main ones is kind of like the one you wrote on another page. And it's only when I sit in a vehicle, Idk if it's the way the seat is or my posture,  but it feels like someone has a grip on my thigh (back upper) and is turning my skin one way with one hand and the other way with the other. But what I find weird is that my exposure was on June 16 and I didn't get this feeling till late August early September. And it all began after a cortisone shot I got for another injury I had. Idk if my description makes sense?

Quest

Makes a lot of sense to me, @Chris Taylor!!! That's also a great way to describe it. I guess both give the sensation of pinching of the skin. Mine is only when I sit. I can even kind of put my feet up on the couch and sit on my hip to relieve pressure. I hope you are able to build some antibodies even though I hope more that you are clear of this!:squeeze:

Chris Taylor
2 hours ago, Quest said:

Makes a lot of sense to me, @Chris Taylor!!! That's also a great way to describe it. I guess both give the sensation of pinching of the skin. Mine is only when I sit. I can even kind of put my feet up on the couch and sit on my hip to relieve pressure. I hope you are able to build some antibodies even though I hope more that you are clear of this!:squeeze:

Do you remember if that symptom started right after your infection or did it take a while for you to start noticing it?

Mackie82

What Wilson said is 100% correct. Man any testing related issues the whole forum should get back to Mr. IGG . Thanks 

Chris Taylor
3 hours ago, Mackie82 said:

What Wilson said is 100% correct. Man any testing related issues the whole forum should get back to Mr. IGG . Thanks 

?

Quest

@Chris Taylor I don't know if my husband gave it to me. If so it could be at least a decade after. If not possibly over 3 decades ago. At the very least a decade later. The nerve pain has happened to me within the last year, but I have known about my positive diagnosis for 5 years which was symptom-free, but probably not free from shedding.

One important thing to note is I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Viruses or trauma are usally  behind fibromyalgia. There is a pressure point test to test how far nerve damage has gone. You can do it yourself. More importantly, pay attention to how Dr. Teitelbaum takes care of nerve pain. He has protocol in his books.

Chris Taylor
44 minutes ago, Quest said:

@Chris Taylor I don't know if my husband gave it to me. If so it could be at least a decade after. If not possibly over 3 decades ago. At the very least a decade later. The nerve pain has happened to me within the last year, but I have known about my positive diagnosis for 5 years which was symptom-free, but probably not free from shedding.

One important thing to note is I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Viruses or trauma are usally  behind fibromyalgia. There is a pressure point test to test how far nerve damage has gone. You can do it yourself. More importantly, pay attention to how Dr. Teitelbaum takes care of nerve pain. He has protocol in his books.

Very interesting , but does the pressure point indicate hsv, fibromyalgia or anything else? Nerve pain only when I sit in a car , which I find weird,  and once again , didn't get this till my cortisone shot (3 months later after possible exposure) . I will check out the videos when I get home.

cracked
3 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

Very interesting , but does the pressure point indicate hsv, fibromyalgia or anything else? Nerve pain only when I sit in a car , which I find weird,  and once again , didn't get this till my cortisone shot (3 months later after possible exposure) . I will check out the videos when I get home.

Not saying that you have HSV, Chris, but anything especially a chronic viral infection and its symptoms can be triggered by physical or emotional trauma or something that shocks your immune system. 

Chris Taylor
13 minutes ago, cracked said:

Not saying that you have HSV, Chris, but anything especially a chronic viral infection and its symptoms can be triggered by physical or emotional trauma or something that shocks your immune system. 

This might be a stupid question, but as of now there's no way to find out if I'm positive or not,  just some minor symptoms, and again, they all started 2-3 days after my possible exposure. My question is, what can I do to bring on an outbreak,  I'm not a drinker but I've read that some get it with alcohol and or coffee. I was at a friend's wedding and I drank so much , mixed liquor and beer, I'm not eating healthy at this moment , kinda just junk food. Got a new job and I moved , I haven't had time to cook , first of all because I'm renting a room till I find my own place and secondly , no time when I work from 4am-6pm, 5 or sometimes 6 days a week. What can I do so I can test and get this over with,  there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it, it's been 9 months.

sorry if my question offended those that are affected directly , I just want to know that's all.

WilsoInAus

@Chris Taylor yes you get a blood test, IgG for HSV-1 and HSV-2. If you want additional confidence then seek the Westernblot.

cracked
33 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

This might be a stupid question, but as of now there's no way to find out if I'm positive or not,  just some minor symptoms, and again, they all started 2-3 days after my possible exposure. My question is, what can I do to bring on an outbreak,  I'm not a drinker but I've read that some get it with alcohol and or coffee. I was at a friend's wedding and I drank so much , mixed liquor and beer, I'm not eating healthy at this moment , kinda just junk food. Got a new job and I moved , I haven't had time to cook , first of all because I'm renting a room till I find my own place and secondly , no time when I work from 4am-6pm, 5 or sometimes 6 days a week. What can I do so I can test and get this over with,  there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it, it's been 9 months.

sorry if my question offended those that are affected directly , I just want to know that's all.

I wish I could tell you, but I think for each person it’s different, but I think for a lot of people physical or emotional trauma with stress might be a possibility.

WannaCry

At 9 months an IgG test would be more than enough as far as yes/no answers go. If you would prefer the 'gold standard' test then contact Terri Warren about having a Western Blot done through the University of Washington. It is not at all a cheap test, expect to spend around $500 when it is all said and done for the consults, kit, processing fees, blood draw fees, and specialized shipping of the blood sample.

IgG test results fluctuate due to the fact a single protein is looked for by the test - this is also how false positives occur. There are proteins that are similar molecular weight to the protein that IgG testing looks for that can influence the answers. These proteins are not at all HSV related. Other things that can cause different values (and the reason there is no ZERO value) is the 'control' value and this can change from test batch to test batch as there is a range of acceptable numbers for the control.

Quest
Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2018 at 7:31 PM, Chris Taylor said:

I was just referring to fibromyalgia. I think the title is a little misleading for the link below because one only needs anything past 11 pressure points. keep in mind that you need to really press into those pressure points. Shiatsu sp? uses about 10-20 lbs of pressure. They used a lot of pressure. That is just one of the tools, but one can look at all the challenges they face to see what fits and what does not. Not everything will fit, but don't let it get too far over to the fibro side. Stop it in its path before it gets there? Only 45% of fibro cases have nerve pain.

What I am really trying to say is there are other viruses responsible for nerve pain. Epstein barr, HepB and C ,Influenza, rotavirus, HSV I, II and hsv6 shingles etc... If I had this nerve pain I would be looking at other viruses to see if something else is the culprit that used to be dormant, that came back to life because of trauma. How does Dr. Teitelbaum get these people well in a year or two? SHINE PROTOCOL = Sleep-Hormones-Immunity-Nutrition-Exercise (as able) What is fibro? one is not able to produce enough energy to sustain the body for each day. Some have no energy to get out of bed, they won't make it, because they have no one helping them to health. I remember I had no desire at all to do it. Do I and others think that some of the people are victims of other viruses?!? Yes. Do I think that they have antibodies for other viruses? I thinks so, but can't swear to it. I really don't know if some people don't produce antibodies. I read that there is a small percentage that don't at all. 

I hope there are many in here that say goodbye to us. Be a detective, just in case! I am not an expert, far from it. 

Here are the pressure points one would need anything past 11 positive for pain.  http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20345635,00.html#where-does-it-hurt--1

Edited by Quest
insert link