World's Largest Herpes Support Group
SEliz

What to do..

SEliz

I recently was diagnosed and immediately let my boyfriend know as that is where I would have been exposed. I had not been with anyone in the six months prior to us meeting and we dated for months before becoming intimate. I do know that my tests show that I was exposed just recently. 

He was reluctant to believe the diagnosis and then since has apologized for not knowing he had it and passing it to me. The issue is that he refuses to get tested now. He has a close friend who is the person he feels exposed him, but he also refuses to let her know or ask her to get tested. It makes me feel as if he doesn’t want to accept the fact that he has and continue on as if he doesn’t. I’m angry that I would have to deal with it because of him and he is able to avoid the situation. I also worry that if we don’t work out in the future, he will continue on as if he doesn’t have it and expose others on the basis of not having a positive test. 

I dont know how to react or even if it should bother me so much. I’m having a hard enough time dealing with it myself without having the added stress. 

WilsoInAus

I think your next steps depend on what herpes type you have and what location.

What testing did you have to reveal a positive?

SEliz

HSV2 genital

I had a swab and blood test done to confirm the virus and check the antibody count for a timeline. 

Upturned24

It's so important for him to get checked and know, instead of living in denial and possibly spread it to other people in case you guys don't work out. Is there a reason why he's so hesitant to get checked? Does he have insurance?

Thatguy604
On 2018-03-10 at 6:17 PM, Upturned24 said:

It's so important for him to get checked and know, instead of living in denial and possibly spread it to other people in case you guys don't work out. Is there a reason why he's so hesitant to get checked? Does he have insurance?

Ignorance is bliss...why so many people refuse to get tested.