World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Jessross52012

Anyone had sex while on an outbreak of partner has same virus?

Jessross52012

My boyfriend and I both have HSV-1. He has cold sores and I have it genitally. I am currently going through a recurrent outbreak that has lasted 4 weeks. We desperately want to have sex again. I’m to the point of where I’m about to just do it because we both have the same virus type. My concern is causing the prolonging of my healing process. Has anyone had sex while on an outbreak? 

PositiveBear99

I have but we both have the same virus genitally. But Since you're boyfriend has the virus already, he'll have a defence against getting it in a different location. Also HSV1 doesn't like the genital area so chance of him getting it are super slim. Just wear condoms if you're concerned but I honestly think you're more than fine to do it. As for healing, I was on valtrex while we were doing the deed and it healed after 2 days after the act. So I think you should be fine if you're taking something! Hope that helps! X

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • WilsoInAus
      But you were probably also exposed to HSV-1,2,3,4,5,6ab,7,8. There are also about 80 other human viruses and you would have been exposed to a dozen of those. There are tens of different bacteria that also transmit during sexual activity. There are also hundreds of possible  causes generated with your body.  
    • RainyDay2
      The sad part is I was exposed to HSV 2 so judging by what information Im told, If I had herpes mine would almost definitely show up on an IGG test by now.  Supposedly I’d have less than an 8% chance of it not showing up on a blood test. All I can do is go off the information Im given.   My thing is this: I need to know what is causing this.  If the medical world wants to tell me that I dont have herpes, fine.  What is it that I have then? And how do I get rid of it? Otherwise, being negative for herpes means nothing to me.  Because Im still positive for something, and they cant even figure out what the hell it is! Because my body definitely changed after I was exposed to it.  
    • WilsoInAus
      That’s incorrect for recent infections where it nears 100%. Those people have a positive swab.
    • WilsoInAus
      Herpes is not some default magic rabbit that comes out of the hat and makes sense out of the irrational.
    • MikeIke
      @RainyDay2 i am about to pull out the big bht guns. Hey if i can get rid of the symptoms forever and never blow positive, ill take it. My other thought was hpv but i know i was exposed. The last clinician i saw definitely thought my lip things looked herpetic and sajd she's seen urethral herpes before too.    Igg can be forever negative in some, i have heard hsv1 has less accuracy with igg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.