World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Jessross52012

Anyone had sex while having an outbreak of partner has the same virus?

Jessross52012

My boyfriend and I both have HSV-1. He has cold sores and I have it genitally. I am currently going through a recurrent outbreak that has lasted 4 weeks. We desperately want to have sex again. I’m to the point of where I’m about to just do it because we both have the same virus type. My concern is causing the prolonging of my healing process. Has anyone had sex while on an outbreak? 

Delphinium

Yes...I have had sex while having an outbreak. GHSV2 here. Hubby has the same. It was on my upper thigh/lower buttcheek area. I just covered it with a bandaid...which I usually wear over my outbreaks anyways. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Rockster
      Thanks Wilson! [mistaken posti don't get how i can delete it again, sorry]
    • Rockster
      (For my case: i am not diagnosed herpes. I had genital warts. 
      I can tell her a sex partner was diagnosed with HPV, and i pretty surely have it and that's why i do it with boxer short the next months. Hm.)   https://herpesopportunity.com/downloads/herpes-opportunity-disclosure-handout.pdf https://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes/stdfact-herpes-detailed.htm
    • IloveCoco
      How long after diagnosis did you start to have sex again? How did he get it on the lips?
    • Albert1988
      Hi,  I was wondering if you could describe your outbreaks or how much time it passed before you where correctly diagnosed. Or your overall experience. I am freaking out and just wearing my underwear feels uncomfortable.  How did they diagnosed you? Thank you in advanced 
    • Voyager2
      I THINK this will benefit us. If the FDA allows more aggressive research in the deadliest virus programs, such as HIV gene editing, then off-targeting and other safety issues might already be solved before Dr. Jerome  starts editing hsv in humans.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.