World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Smart_1

Testosterone and hsv

Smart_1

Guy, last night I injected myself with testosterone and my pain and breakout disappeared in a few hours 

i really think it is low levels of testosterone that makes us have symptoms 

Smart_1

Nope millions of men are on hormone replacement therapy 

just talk to your doc about it 

if your testosterone levels are on the lower end of “normal,” I would say definitely get some 

Untouchable1

Definitely could be some truth to that hypothesis, although I am female. I have had the Mirena IUD for almost 5 years and hsv2 for around 4 and I have very little symptoms, if any. It contains the progestin hormone Levonorgestrel, which is a synthetic version of the female hormone progesterone. Progesterone normalizes zinc, copper, and cell oxygen levels. It is produced in the adrenal glands along with estrogen and cortisol which during stress puts your body in defense mode. If the balance of these 3 hormones are out of whack, then so will your body.

Always good to leave no stones unturned with this virus for sure as it could potentially provide some relief.

IcantThinkofaName
5 hours ago, Untouchable1 said:

Definitely could be some truth to that hypothesis, although I am female. I have had the Mirena IUD for almost 5 years and hsv2 for around 4 and I have very little symptoms, if any. It contains the progestin hormone Levonorgestrel, which is a synthetic version of the female hormone progesterone. Progesterone normalizes zinc, copper, and cell oxygen levels. It is produced in the adrenal glands along with estrogen and cortisol which during stress puts your body in defense mode. If the balance of these 3 hormones are out of whack, then so will your body.

Always good to leave no stones unturned with this virus for sure as it could potentially provide some relief.

I am pretty sure hormones play a big factor. My dr offered to put in an IUD at my observance that when I don't get my period I don't get an OB, but the thought scares me. I am kind too old for IUD in my opinion. Progesterone is something I am interested  in but playing around with mother nature has consequences, no?

Smart_1

Women have testosterone too 

it drops when they have their period 

Untouchable1
3 hours ago, IcantThinkofaName said:

I am pretty sure hormones play a big factor. My dr offered to put in an IUD at my observance that when I don't get my period I don't get an OB, but the thought scares me. I am kind too old for IUD in my opinion. Progesterone is something I am interested  in but playing around with mother nature has consequences, no?

There are risks when starting something new with your body, not likely, but surely possible. After my body adjusted to it I had no problems with it and I was told I could have them well into my 40’s. 

WilsoInAus
14 hours ago, Smart_1 said:

Guy, last night I injected myself with testosterone and my pain and breakout disappeared in a few hours 

What hang on, whoa, bless my soul.

Let's start at the beginning, Have you tested positive for herpes? What pain? Is it caused by herpes?

Mountain Man

Wilson do you not recognize him?

Divon

If not for other reasons, higher testo should make you worry less about this shit so that should probably help a ton since stress is a gigantic factor. Then again higher testo could also mean having higher need for sex I suppose and masturbation seems quite horrible for avoiding OBs :).

stronghands87

Masturbation is horrible for outbreaks? 

VladimirM
On 3/12/2018 at 9:23 AM, Smart_1 said:

Testosterone helps with any infection. It is known to help people with hiv.

VladimirM
13 hours ago, stronghands87 said:

Masturbation is horrible for outbreaks? 

Yes. Sex activates herpes.

Jimmyjimmyhuapua

To increase testosterone what can we do take drugs or eat smthgs? Testosterone has effect on everything. 

Quest
Posted (edited)

DHEA  levels were found to be short in ppl with HSV. DHEA will increase testosterone naturally in men and estrogen in women. It is believed to be an immunomodulator because it didn't have any effect in vitro. Yet, it protected mice from a variety of infections including HSV2. Also, the amount of viral load didn't change in the heart, spleen, pancreas, liver, and blood was unaffected by DHEA. The effect of DHEA was mediated only through stimulation of lymphocytes, lymphoid organs, and immune -modulating cytokines. 15mg.-25 women  50- 75 mg max for men P. 966-7 Disease prevention and treatment 4th edition.   DHEA is more effective via a single subcutaneous dose of DHEA although oral is effective as well.

Please research before using any hormones and make sure they are bioidentical.

progesterone will increase periods. I used to take it every other day in half the month. ladies keep it low.

DHEA AND TAGAMET PROTOCOL INFO > https://www.lifeextensionvitamins.com/heandshpa3.html

I am guessing you guys are on to something. WTG!!!:2thumbsup:

Edited by Quest

Smart_1

I can be really stressed and tired sleep deprived hungry depressed and my symptoms are almost nonexistent as long as my testosterone shot wasn’t more than a few days back 

I swear not only the testosterone literally destroys my symptoms

it also has a huge effect on all other aspects of my life

But it has to be the real stuff or your lifestyle has to be Superman like

now I am not sure if Hgh might have the same benefits 

All men on here should talk to their doctors about wanting to increase their test 

stronghands87
On 3/15/2018 at 1:21 PM, VladimirM said:

Yes. Sex activates herpes.

Do you have any sources to support this? 

VladimirM
9 hours ago, stronghands87 said:

Do you have any sources to support this? 

Just google "sex causes herpes outbreak". You will have dozens of links.

Systematized

I thought irritating your skin around the area of infection causes OB , not sex by it self.

IcantThinkofaName
5 hours ago, Systematized said:

I thought irritating your skin around the area of infection causes OB , not sex by it self.

same difference  ( sex is rubbing and friction)

VladimirM
6 hours ago, Systematized said:

It's not friction, it's the act of sex itself. In my case, for example, herpes comes out in a place that is not affected by friction and again comes out immediately after sex.

Cas9
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, VladimirM said:

It's not friction, it's the act of sex itself. In my case, for example, herpes comes out in a place that is not affected by friction and again comes out immediately after sex.

There are sources that say that friction plays a role. Can you provide a source that says that friction has nothing to do with recurrences?

Edited by Cas9

fwoom

Does anyone find mini pill makes outbreaks return? I had the mirena and it was great, hardly any outbreaks. I do take aspirin daily also. But now I am on norgeston and lo and behold back to back outbreak on my buttock. I though norgeston would be OK as same hormone as Mirena...Levonorgestrel

ooopen
On 5/13/2018 at 4:54 PM, fwoom said:

Does anyone find mini pill makes outbreaks return? I had the mirena and it was great, hardly any outbreaks. I do take aspirin daily also. But now I am on norgeston and lo and behold back to back outbreak on my buttock. I though norgeston would be OK as same hormone as Mirena...Levonorgestrel

Yep. Every progestrin-only based birth control I've been on has suppressed outbreaks. Then as soon as I switch back to the mini pill or combo pill, outbreaks come back. Its a choice between acne and outbreaks.