World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Nwilson9587

Possibly herpes? Pictures.

Nwilson9587

Hi! So I am kind of a worrier and have routinely gotten tested for STDs ever since I became sexually actively a decade ago. Any slight change in my body and I immediately assume that’s what I’ve had. So far, I’ve come back clean. I’m wondering if my luck might’ve ran out. 

I shaved pretty well, so I’m not completely sure if this is razor burn or not. 

I don’t feel sick, and the bumps don’t hurt terribly bad. Like no, they aren’t comfortable but it is no where near unbearable. 

We also used a lot of lube, so I’m wondering if it could be a reaction to that. 

I sent a friend who has herpes these pictures and she said it doesn’t look like it, but I’m also not sure at all. 

Although I will get tested, I just kind of wanted some insight on whether or not this looks like shaving irritation/ingrown hairs/possible bad reaction to lube..... or herpes. Thank you. 

52D237D5-D551-47CD-B075-3482B71EB977.jpeg

169E7095-F59F-494B-B342-7B4313B2BD07.jpeg

Privatefriend

It's a possibility, because they're open sores. I would go get one of them swabbed and tested. 

Mountain Man

You'll need a swab to be certain, but definitely looks like it to me.   You'll be okay either way.  But be careful about not spreading it around - you have to quarantine that area by not using wash cloths there then elsewhere, etc.  

WilsoInAus

This looks more like folliculitis to me.

All we can do us advise a swab. A trained expert can only be 75% accurate at best.

cracked
27 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

This looks more like folliculitis to me.

All we can do us advise a swab. A trained expert can only be 75% accurate at best.

Why would she have folliculitis there and why would it show up after a sexual encounter? 

Nwilson9587

Thanks everyone. I’m waiting for an appt, they should call me back within 72 hours. It sounds like they’re going to do a UA and blood work? Is that the most accurate way to test because I thought a swab was. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Blueyechickydee
      I’ve had herpes for 9 years, been outbreak free for the last 3 years, but for the last few weeks I’ve been having prodrome symptoms. Nerve pain in my butt and back of my thigh, tingling around privates, some itching. I keep waiting for sores to show up so I can get this outbreak over with but they never do. It’s been almost 3 weeks of symptoms without sores, how long is this going to last?? Will they go away on their own at some point or will they stay until an outbreak happens? Anyone have any experience with this? Because the waiting is getting really annoying. I started taking lysine, vitamin c, and b12 hoping the symptoms would stop but they’re not helping at all. Any suggestions?
    • Pitchbird
      Yes, the source of this would be interesting indeed.   I understood it as a hint that you are judging me with double standards.
    • Balancelife
      When who gets a positive test? I have already tested positive (as you and I have discussed multiple times in other threads and I state here) and HIPA would prevent me for getting his results unless he willingly provides to me, but as I’ve also stated HE won’t get tested.  Ya can’t get blood from a stone. He has nothing that would even start to compensate for the pain and suffering, let alone the missed work because of the pain! 
    • WilsoInAus
      @Balancelife when you get a positive test, sue him!
    • JHenry
      Read what I wrote and start Googling.  Both the Einstein College of Medicine (William Jacobs and Betsy Herold)  and University of Pennsylvania/Trivalent (Harvey Friedman) seem to believe they are on the right track and have established relationships outside of their respective universities.  Yes, it’s early, but they are taking the bat and readying to swing at HSV.   Cross those fingers and stay positive!  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.