World's Largest Herpes Support Group
PeaceNeeded

Being "silly" in south-east Asia and many tiny bumps on penis head

PeaceNeeded

Hello I'm new here, scary and unsure but 90% I got HSV2. (I'll test again on first week of April and let you know.)

My story so far.

Went to a wonderful trip to South east asia... oh those nights, yes, I was silly, had orals non protected with sex workers (full always protected)... is crazy how being silly and the seeking joy of sex can lead to such mistakes and depression.

About 15 days I came back, have oral with another girl in my country and the same night I find first few tiny spots on my glans. I start to freak out, my glans becomes all full of tiny pimples, bumps, like a weird balanitis but without much itch or pain (nothing at the moment, had very few tingling a week later).

Visit a dermatologist, send pics to another, asking them if that could be herpes, they say no, they also look like don't know what to say, almost cannot find a diagnosis.

In a week or so spots start to go away or so it seems. But new series of micro white bumps appeared on the underskin, under glans (they lasted 1-2 days)... My anxiety was off scale. Decide to test many STDs. And here, big harsh "surprise", both IGG negative but IGM (1 or 2) positive. You can imagine how I felt. How I feel.

The day I went to do blood tests I also was starting a short flu, don't know if herpes related (pimples were already gone both, if that was my sort of "outbreak").

Now am waiting the famous 12-14 weeks to test the definitive IGG. My anxiety is high, I fear I passed it to my girl... but a month now and she doesn't have signs in mouth.

What I have now is that can't even remember if my glans was always so bumps-textured. If I ever had it, if is sort of mild herpes or unknown asian kind...

So now that I shared my story... I need few answers please. :-P

• What do you think?
  • Is typical Herpes2 symptom to leave glans surface with many tiny bumps after the outbreak?
  • Is the IGM test really so unreliable as they say? The kind of test they used for IGM was the Chemiluminescent one (don't know if the same of ELISA), results say they double checked and is positive unfortunately (herpes 1 or 2).

Note: if you want I have pics of every state.

WilsoInAus

Just a couple of quick questions before giving some thoughts.

Was all the sex in Asia and then with the girl in your own country protected with the condom on and rolled down to the hilt each time? Was there any vaginal sex?

PeaceNeeded

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, now cannot be sure if well rolled down and also... I always put it by myself with my girl but THAT girl helped a bit with her fingers. And of course yes I had vaginal ("protected") sex with both girls and my girl.

WilsoInAus

I think at this stage only a few points can be made that may assist. It is necessary to have 12 week testing to be conclusive on some STD/STIs.

• Regret is an awful stress. I imagine you haven't disclosed your activities to your partner? This can lead to a lot of anxiety and promotion of symptoms that are exaggerated and may not even be there.
  • I am sure the dermatologists are not complete numpties. Their opinion is worth some considerable weight I suggest.
  • With a herpes infection, an outbreak always includes the infected nerve ending where the virus entered the body. With protected sex, you cannot have a herpes outbreak only where the condom protected; you can however have lesions where the virus entered the body and then some travelling to other nerve endings.
  • Not relevant to the question of infection, but appreciate that you can get HSV-1 or HSV-2 on your genitals, it is not defined as HSV-2 by its genital location.
  • IgM is truly as bad as you read, it has no real diagnostic value, focus on IgG testing.
  • Herpes lesions will typically ulcerate and scab, particularly for a primary infection.

PeaceNeeded

Thank You very much. What makes me 90% convinced about HSV(hope that is type 1 at least) is the timing of the events (15 days after suspect encounter, IGM positive...) and the fact that I never had that sort of visible balanitis in my life with little red spots. Of course I'll test IGG soon.

My "outbreak" was something very very like this (NSFW pics).

PeaceNeeded

I thank you a lot for your answer and of course would like to believe you but must wait the test. I let you know.

PeaceNeeded
On 13/3/2018 at 2:15 AM, WilsoInAus said:

Those pictures are not of herpes.

WilsoInAus, I still didn't take the second blood test, one week more. But what I have now (I think I never had it on my glans in this form) after the what I call my "outbreak", are kinds of mini bumps like these, skin coloured, not red just tiny many spread bumps. I am now 99% sure I have herpes, this site says is herpes refering to the first picture on the page, what is your opinion? (NSFW of course).

They are painless just stay there on my glans from weeks now at least two, three. thanks to whoever will answer.

WilsoInAus

No I’m not sure that picture is necessarily of herpes. Remember the same sores are created by a number of conditions in any event, herpes is often termed a ‘mimic’.

i do think you let your tests next week rule everything and be the arbiter. Get tested for all STD/STIs the Fox normally does. 

PeaceNeeded

Thanks. My fear is that whatever I got is permanent. I got tested for hiv, syphillis, hep b/c resulted all negative besides IGM hsv 1-2 positive, but it was a month and a week after the possible contagion. I am very depressed. So thank you again for replying.

But can herpes leave signs for so many days? Do you know any other STDs that may leave tiny painless bumps on glans?

WilsoInAus

Mainly yeast and dermatitis issues cause those issues. 

Believe in the tests, it is a wonderful time to be alive in a medical sense!

PeaceNeeded
On 27/3/2018 at 4:40 AM, WilsoInAus said:

Mainly yeast and dermatitis issues cause those issues. 

Believe in the tests, it is a wonderful time to be alive in a medical sense!

It seems that my balanitis... is indeed HSV2. I am devasteted.
After twelve  weeks since exposure Igm is decreasing 1.20 (febr) to 1.10 (april) and most important IGG (HSV2) is increasing from 0.50 (febr.) to 1 (april; information says 0.9.-1 is doubt, 1.1 is positive).

I only had orals without condom... what a sh"£$ty body defences I have?

There are cases of glans that never reacquire  "normal" skin and stay with lot of tiny skin bumps? 'Cause this is my condition atm.

Maybe at this point I should share picture for future reference.

ManOutOfMind

Posting your own pictures at this point is probably more useful than posting things that "kinda" look like what you have. There's no shame here, post your pictures

PeaceNeeded
6 hours ago, Quest said:

Here is a search link for false positives

https://honeycomb.click/search/?&q=false positive

Thank you very much for trying to comfort! :-) but since my IGG increased in three months, don't think I should have hope anymore. Also I had symptoms on glans that I never had in my life, after oral intercourse.. so...

PeaceNeeded

I'm here to update on my story. Unfortunately six months after contagion my blood HSV2 IGG test is positive. Weird thing is that at the hospital they didn't specify the value, it just says "POSITIVE".

Didn't have those kind of widespread pimples on glans since first outbreak, I have though now and then few tingling feeling and a sort of very tiny "goosebumps" on glans skin that seems not fade anymore.

As you can understand my life changed, I cannot think of future and of girls in the same way I used to do. So I can leave you with this advice: in "risky" sex intercourses (yes, I mean with sex workers) and specially if you're weak with immune system, an oral act can give you HSV2.

The other advice, specially true if you live in a small/average sized town, if you notice something on your glans (even without itch and if dermatologist says "doesn't seem H to me...") ask for a blood IGG test.