World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
yadayadayadayada

Asymptomatic shedding with ZERO symptoms?

yadayadayadayada

Hi y'all,

I've read slightly conflicting information on what is to expect with asymptomatic shedding, some clarification would be appreciated.

Asymptomatic viral shedding refers to silent viral shedding, shedding of the virus that is not accompanied by visible sores, lesions or rashes of any kind. Basically, there's no visible symptom but the virus is present and infectious.

However, I've read that if you are in tune with your body there are non-visible symptoms that accompany asymptomatic shedding:  tingles, quick sharp pain, numbness, and perhaps, more importantly, fatigue, flu-like symptoms, irritability or mild depression. I say more importantly because unlike pain or tingles, these are symptoms that are even less directly relatable to visual symptoms like lesions.

So my question is: is there viral shedding with ZERO symptoms. Meaning no tingles, no fatigue, nothing. I'm feeling 100% but am silently shedding.

Before my first outbreak, I had very clear symptoms: I was very flu-ish, had a lack of focus and fell asleep during the day. I've also had some fatigue which I associate with medication. Now, a week after, I think I might be experiencing the aftermath, that extra week of shedding that continues after the outbreak. I'd be glad if that's the case because it would help me know what's going on. 

My primary concern is related to the future: when I do feel 100% in a week or two, will that mean I'm not shedding or can I be shedding with absolutely no symptoms. 

I understand that this might be different for everybody... so the more the merrier I guess :)

Thanks,

Felix

WilsoInAus

Yes it is possible to be shedding with no feeling or knowledge. I am not aware of research though that might suggest there is a correlation between the heavier the shedding the greater the chance of experiencing some feeling. 

I think it is best to assume shedding can occur anytime but very few instances of shedding equal infectiousness.

yadayadayadayada

@WilsoInAus thanks again. Always so helpful.

Who else?