World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Concrete_Rose

Feeling lost

Concrete_Rose

I was diagnosed with herpes a few years ago after I was raped. I was married at the time and my husband blamed me. It was a very abusive relationship but I away and have made a new life for myself.  I got close to someone recently who I felt was the one for me and we were really close...until I told him I carry the herpes virus, and he said he just wants to be friends. This man has totally knocked my confidence and I feel like no one will ever want me again. I feel less of a woman and I don't feel like I have the right to talk to men in any way flirtatiously because I feel like a fraud. I've changed how I dress and it hurts to even hear a song about sex because I feel like my sex life is over. The worst thing is that I rarely have symptoms and when I do they are so mild I hardly notice them. I have just ended up on this site after googling support because I feel so broken by this and I don't know where to turn to.

PrettyUglyGirl

Hi. I just signed up a few minutes ago and I have to let you know that you're not the only one who feels that way. What I'm trying to say is that I don't have a sex life. The one thing that makes me feel good and pretty is that I flirt with the guys at work. If tjey knew I had herpes they probably wouldn't even look at me. There is someone out there for you, just don't give up. I've told 4 guys about my disease and 2 of them still wanted to have sex with me. They were horny but they knew the risk. Make sure the person you tell doesn't blab your business to anyone though. I'm thinking about telling this guy at work but I'm thinking he might not like me anymore.