World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmyjimmyhuapua

Herpes diagnosis and other std tests

Jimmyjimmyhuapua

Are you getting tested for other stds’s after your herpes diagnosis, all news that we read on internet says about we need to make sure that we dont have other std’s too, my doctor only diagnosed me virtually didnt take swab or didnt make blood test plus she didnt even ask me to get tested for other std’s. My suggestion to you is to get tested for other stds too. Because doctors may not mind this but other stds can lay dormant in body for years and in future can cause more serious problems.

ı tested for hiv, hepatitis and syphilis all were negative and my igg was also 1.9 which is low positive. 

Quest

I really thought they were doing a full panel. Nope, they excluded HSV!! Why do they include it when private agencies do it. BUT the medical field excludes it. Anything that will open a can of worms they don't want to test?? IDK. great topic. I am curious.

Becks2014

I initially tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphillis. 3 months later I was tested for HIV and all came back negative. 6 months after my exposure with HSV is when I had an outbreak and was tested for it. It is weird that they didn't just test for everything, but I didn't think I had anything so I didn't press the issue. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Ayopollo
      By Ayopollo
      Hey any help would be great. I’ve been losing my mind of this and I’ve been procrastinating on going to get tested because I’m scared of the results and also I have no insurance or anything to consult with a doctor.

so I got tested may of 2018 and I was positive for hsv1 which I feel like I may have gotten as a kid not sure, but since that test I’ve received unprotected oral sex twice and every since I’ve slowly been growing bumps on the meatus. I’m uncircumcised as well. Could this be herpes, warts, chlamydia? My girlfriend (I cheated on her and don’t know how to explain to her I might’ve caught something) has had a bit of blood discharge on her underwear in between periods. I work a lot and wear sort of tight clothing and I get smegma under the head as well. Smells bad too. Help!!! I’ve had this for months.
    • Alice28
      By Alice28
      Hi,
      I’ve had HSV1g for 4 years and only ever had my first and only breakout. I’m super thankful for that. I still hate disclosing as it sets off alarms. Finally met a guy I really really like and disclosed last night to be clear about why I’ve been hesitant to be intimate. 
      We have for sure kissed and after telling he was in a panick about us having kissed. I’ve never ever had cold sores and have never passed it to anyone. Again in 4 years only my first and only genital HsV1 breakout. I’ve always been told kissing for me was fine....Can anyone help clarify? I’m resllt struggling as I like this guy a lot and hoping he can look past it. 
    • Mountainsplease
      By Mountainsplease
      I have noticed that I now have chronic constipation after my primary outbreak. Scientists have found a link to it. Has anyone else had this issue? Treatments?
    • Starlord
      By Starlord
      Hi all,
      I am new here. Is there any indians here?
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • rush82
      https://www.google.com/amp/s/71republic.com/2019/02/13/mexican-scientists-cure-hpv/amp/
    • Skrillah80
      Try eating garlic or putting dynamiclear on it.. 
    • AMM
      Tnank you
    • Evaluate
      I'm not that well versed in HPV but HPV eventually is cleared by the body on its own.  A vaccine does exist which helps immunize against certain strains of HPV (not all of them), but will not treat HPV for those who already have it.  Everyone, male and female, who is eligible should get the Gardasil vaccine. If a new vaccine exists to treat HPV that's great, but I'm doubtful based on a quick Google search.
    • AMM
      I am new to all of this. My girlfriend has been told by a docter she has Human Papillomavirus (HP) and that in Mexico they have a cure they just develop, I guess a month or so ago Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine , have anyone heard of this. It is a lot on the internet about it. But I don't know how much I trust it.. Thank you AMM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.