World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmyjimmyhuapua

Herpes diagnosis and other std tests

Jimmyjimmyhuapua

Are you getting tested for other stds’s after your herpes diagnosis, all news that we read on internet says about we need to make sure that we dont have other std’s too, my doctor only diagnosed me virtually didnt take swab or didnt make blood test plus she didnt even ask me to get tested for other std’s. My suggestion to you is to get tested for other stds too. Because doctors may not mind this but other stds can lay dormant in body for years and in future can cause more serious problems.

ı tested for hiv, hepatitis and syphilis all were negative and my igg was also 1.9 which is low positive. 

Quest

I really thought they were doing a full panel. Nope, they excluded HSV!! Why do they include it when private agencies do it. BUT the medical field excludes it. Anything that will open a can of worms they don't want to test?? IDK. great topic. I am curious.

Becks2014

I initially tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphillis. 3 months later I was tested for HIV and all came back negative. 6 months after my exposure with HSV is when I had an outbreak and was tested for it. It is weird that they didn't just test for everything, but I didn't think I had anything so I didn't press the issue. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• Nett
      By Nett
      www.community-labs.eu

First of let me tell you the intention and why this can be a great project, good investment and eventually something we could all benefit from.
      A unique way of effort for funding our mutual problem with the ETH ERC20 Token.
      Labcash is my idea born by our mutual friend HSV.
      Just by looking at this forum I have noticed how much people complain about HSV funding (justified reason) and the institutions ignoring us at every possible step of the way.

When I need a doctor I never use public health because it would take me 6 months to get in line, instead I go to a private doctor and get all done in 30 minutes.
      The same principle applies when we want something to be done such as HSV research, we can order a private laboratory that would conduct studies on our behalf without restrictions.
      Raising funds to start/continue and eventually complete a study is difficult especially when we know that repeated funding is necessary.
      The solution is offered by the blockchain and crypto assets.
      You may or may not be familiar with cryptocurrency however it has massive advantages such as competing against other cryptocurrencies on an exchange that directly benefits us as the value of the Token goes up gives us more investment power and not only that but we are able to make our own acyclovir product that will not feed the big pharma but our chosen investment lab and our token.
      The possible side effect is the volatility in the crypto market that would make the token more valuable than the initial purchase price making some extra profit for token holders (not the goal but a good one).
      Simplified:
      1. Tokens sold to HSV sufferers.
      2. Signing the contract with the laboratory for drug development (Pivot park in the Netherlands is the chosen default).
      3. Research begins.
      4. Production and packaging of acyclovir on the lowest possible price for packaging, shipping, and reinvestment to the blockchain.
      5. Sales and returns in the blockchain for future research.
      6. Eventual new drugs will be discovered thanks to passive funding/market exploitation.

TECH
      Token name: Labcash
      Platform: ERC20
      Ticker: LCH
      If you are interested in participating in the project visit www.community-labs.eu or send an email on info@community-labs.eu for future clarification.
      If you are interested in buying the Token you will need a chrome extension called Metamask (all explained on the website) then you can buy the Token on this link:
      Buy Token
      As always doing something is always better than nothing :)
      If you have any questions ask here or send it to the info email.
      Cheers

• flowerblossom245
      By flowerblossom245
      I was recently diagnosed with HSV 1 a week ago and the emotional strain has been horrible. I’m the type of person who hates the unknown, so I’m trying to figure out if I have it genitally or orally. I had sex with someone who has been tested for herpes, but he doesn’t remember which strain he has. He hasn’t had an outbreak in years and has taken medicine, so my doctor initially said the chance was extremely low that he gave it to me (especially because it was only for about 1 min and that was it.) I get mouth ulcers regularly and I also get what I believe is a cold sore right in the corner of my mouth (which I’ve read isn’t a real cold sore?) so I’m wondering if that’s why I tested positive. We had sex a month and a half ago, and the symptoms started about a week and a half ago. Burning while peeing, and the occasional itching. When my doctor looked (she also did a Pap smear) she said she saw no lesions which I took as a good sign. I’ve been taking Valtrex for 5 days now but my symptoms haven’t improved at all. I just need people to talk to who know how I’m feeling. Thank you all 
    • EffieG
      By EffieG
      Approximately 5 years ago a  girl gave me a peck on the lips, I wiped my lips off.
      The next morning I woke up with a painful rash all over my top lip that dried up and resulted in chapped lips, where the skin died and regenerated. No pus or obvious cold sore.
      I have had this same outbreak approximately once a year in the same place except for this year where I have had it almost continuously, I have been very stressed.
      I went to the doctor who says it isn't cold sores (I have to wait 2 weeks for a blood test), however I have found someone ( To those with oral HSV2 only by Penumbra,)  who tested positive for HSV2 by blood test with my EXACT symptoms.
      Before an outbreak, my lip/nose area is tingling a lot and I feel a strong twitching in my lip.
      Is it possible that I have mild cold sores?
      I would greatly appreciate any help
    • destroyhsv
      By destroyhsv
      If you’ve followed this ASP2151 thread, you may know that I’ve been taking amenamevir (Amenalief) for about two months. In these two months, I have had absolutely no symptoms and no side effects to speak of. I’m ordering blood work soon to confirm that there are no major changes in important biomarkers (kidney, liver, heart, etc.) but I haven’t experienced any side effects that I could observe myself (headaches, diarrhea, insomnia, mood changes etc.) However, there is no data about the effectiveness of valacyclovir + amenamevir on reducing HSV recurrences. Two months of being on this combination is not enough to tell how well it works.
      As a community, what we need is a functional cure. There’s a lot of excitement surrounding pritelivir in this regard. Pritelivir, like amenamevir, is a new drug inhibits the HSV helicase-primase complex. This is a different target than valacyclovir, which is why combining the two has major potential to be a functional cure. If you’ve read Josh Bloom’s article on the possibility of using pritelivir and valacyclovir together as a sort of HIV-like cocktail, then you’ve probably realized this combo is the only way in the foreseeable future that we will have a functional cure.
      Here’s the reality of the situation.
      There will not be a vaccine in the foreseeable future (barring a miracle that allows GEN-003 to continue. I wouldn’t count on that).
      There will not be a CRISPR treatment in the foreseeable future.
      The only HSV drug that is going through clinical trials (past pre-clinical) is pritelivir. That means that aside from amenamevir and pritelivir, there will not be any new drugs on the market for at least ten years.
      You are not getting much help from the pharmaceutical companies. It’s the truth. Many people here are already aware of this. Look at the HSV pipeline. Other than the helicase-primase inhibitors, there is little to no progress being made, and the failure rate is incredibly high.
      If you want, you can wait ten years hoping that the pharmaceutical companies come out with something. The only alternative is to conduct our own trials and gather some data.
      There are plenty of drugs/supplements with studies that have some evidence to support their use in preventing HSV recurrences, but there’s not much consensus on whether they actually improve anything. A lot of them have been tested in animals, but not in humans for the purpose of reducing HSV recurrences. Others have been tested in early-stage trials with very small sample sizes and don’t achieve statistical significance, even if the results are promising:
      L-Glutamine
      Propranolol
      Aspirin & other COX-2 inhibitors Another link
      Lithium
      Lactoferrin
      and plenty more.
      Some people have also speculated that diet changes (ketogenic diet, intermittent fasting, etc.) also lead to dramatic improvement in symptoms. There is plenty of reason to be skeptical about these claims, especially when they only come from a small number of people. The sample size simply isn’t large enough.
      And, of course, there’s a new drug that we know to be a strong inhibitor of HSV replication: amenamevir. Just as famciclovir has the same effect on HSV as valacyclovir, amenamevir has the same effect on HSV as pritelivir. And, as some of you know, amenamevir is approved in Japan and can be purchased online.
      In many cases, valacyclovir by itself is not enough to stop all symptoms/recurrences. Additionally, valacyclovir doesn’t reduce shedding as much as it should. But research has found a strong correlation between number of recurrences and shedding. If we get recurrences down to zero, chances are that shedding is close to zero. At the very least, it means with very high probability that shedding has been significantly reduced.
      Clearly, to achieve a functional cure, valacyclovir is not enough. But when combined it with other drugs/supplements/diets, it could achieve a functional cure or at least eliminate all outbreaks (which all but guarantees a very low level of shedding). Hypothetically, valacyclovir might reduce the average number of outbreaks per year from 3 to 1. Taking amenamevir in combination with valacyclovir might reduce that number to .5. Taking glutamine with amenamevir and valacyclovir might reduce that number to .2 (this is just a hypothetical example). Many of these combos may have a synergistic effect, meaning that using both drugs together would have a stronger effect than the effects of each individual drug combined. And how will we actually figure this out? By doing our own clinical trial.
      We need a significant amount of participants. A trial will have at least sixty participants (more is better, but sixty is doable) for a three month period. I’ve created to gather some basic information about people (nothing personal or potentially identifying. Just things like age, time of diagnosis, frequency of outbreaks in the past year, whether or not they currently take medication. This data will help group the study participants properly) and a spreadsheet for a trial participant to record when they get an outbreak and to briefly describe the symptoms. The group will be split in half, with thirty participants taking only valacyclovir and the other half taking valacyclovir along with whatever we want to study in combination with valacyclovir. Other standard study procedures such as randomization of the groups will be incorporated into the trial. All the participants have to do is take the pills and record any outbreaks they have, briefly describe the symptoms, and write down when they are fully healed from the outbreak.
      At the end of the trial, we will have three months of data for sixty participants. That’s ninety months, or seven and a half years of data, in each group. If the valacyclovir group had a total of ten outbreaks, then the average number of recurrences per year would be about 1.3. If the combo group had a total of five outbreaks, then the average number of recurrences would be about .7. Finally, we test to see if the combo led to a statistically significant reduction in outbreaks compared to the valacyclovir only group. The larger the study group, the more statistically significant the findings will be, which is why a large number of participants is crucial.
      Finally, we finalize the trial by performing any other important data analysis. For example, we could see if there is any correlation between age and efficacy of the treatment. We generate graphs and charts and write a brief “paper” presenting the findings.
      The only one of these trials that would actually “cost” a lot of money would be an amenamevir trial (amenamevir, although available, is pretty expensive). However, if enough people are willing to participate in one, we could get data on what looks to be the most effective treatment that is currently available.
      A trial to assess the effect of any other drug, supplement, or diet would practically cost nothing. Aspirin, glutamine, lactoferrin, and propranolol are widely available and inexpensive, as are many of the other possible treatments, and these trials assume that participants are already taking valacyclovir whether it is covered by their insurance or not. And these trials do not require a major time commitment. The participant will have to verify at the beginning of the trial that they have the study drugs/supplements in their possession (just send a picture and blur out any personal info if there’s a prescription bottle). They take one or two pills a day and record any recurrences. In trials with potential side effects (e.g. lithium), the participant records any side effects. At the end of the study, the participant sends the spreadsheet over. That’s it.
      These studies and data may not be as high quality as that of many clinical trials, but they are certainly useful. By obtaining this data, we give ourselves the ability to treat this disease better than ever before. Instead of shooting fish in a barrel and hoping some supplement works because one person on the internet said it did or because a supplement had an effect in an animal study, you’ll be able to rely on real data from humans. Not only that, but that data will be on a combination of valacyclovir and whatever else is being taken, which there are very few if any human studies on.
      TL;DR: Doing crowdsourced trials on different combinations of valacyclovir and other compounds, we can see which compounds are effective for improving HSV. You can participate, and it is minimally time-consuming and costs next to nothing (unless you want to do an amenamevir trial). Participating will help us gather data to improve our conditions dramatically.
      If you’re interested in participating, please fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/Q50PKY8I11tVMsLh2
      I am not interested in anyone’s personal data. These studies are to remain anonymous and I will never ask for or attempt to collect any personal data. The only reason I ask for age in the form is because is a potential variable to account for in data analysis. You do not need to provide your age if you don't want to.
      All communications should be done through this website’s messaging system or using an email that does not link to your identity. You can reach me at honeycombstudy at gmail.com or message me on this site.
      Any questions and/or skepticism are more than welcome.
      Finally, if anyone would like to contribute to this project please contact me! Let’s start taking action.

• HereAndNowLater
      By HereAndNowLater
      Hello world!
      I had my first HSV2 outbreak 8 years ago. 
      The first one is the worst -- the actual outbreak hurts like hell. The outbreak itself was very tiny and localized in a small genital area. However It came with side effects I didn't expect like an acute and intense tingling sensation in my lower back, buttocks, and spread down to my feet/toes. 
      Fast forward years. 
      I rarely get actual outbreaks if ever. 
      But I do experience that intense nerve pain I remember that comes before an outbreak manifests as a skin lesion.
      So now the outbreaks don't happen, but the prodrome pre-tingles happen often. Except now those piercing sharp tingles aren't just perceptible in the aforementioned areas. I feel it all over my body intermittently - neck, shoulders, arm, yes leg and lower back, foot, etc..
      To emphasize, I never experienced any chronic pain remotely similar to "herpes tingles" pre- first HSV 2 outbreak. 
      Several Questions:
      Does this pain sound familiar to you? Has it migrated outside of where it was when you first had an outbreak? When I bring this up to multiple doctors, I'm baffled that they have no idea what I'm talking about. Or don't see the connection between the nerve(?) /lymph node (?) pain / neuralgia/ paresthesia and HSV.  Every time I see a "Lyrica" commercial for fibromyalgia I think to myself, "well this is fucking it. this is what I'm feeling/experiencing in my body." Is there a link between fibromyalgia and herpes? I wonder how many patients diagnosed with fibromyalgia have either HSV 1/ HSV 2/ shingles/ varicella-zoster viruses or something related? It seems to me there is a there there. But I also feel I'm being gas lit by the world and that in general researchers / HCPs are too "embarrassed" to even commit to research around the "not talked about" symptoms of HSV; or even HSV in general.  How can herpes be so "common" and yet not a single medical professional is conversant in the totality of the disease or specializing in it? >_< Not related, but where can I purchase acyclovir cream? That stuff is like contraband in the USA lol.  ugh this country sucks in this arena. 
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.