World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Carmen Jones

Please help me.

Carmen Jones

So I'm not sure what a "normal" outbreak looks like. When I was diagnosed in August with hsv2 through an IGM blood test I didn't have any lesions, but I was EXTREMELY ill. (Tonsillitis, body aches, intense sore throat etc..) But since I havent really been having any issues....until today. My period is coming, but there are some other things going on. The left side of my vagina tingles a bit, but that used to happen a lot before I contracted Herpes. Also, I have one small bump on my left lip, it hurts a little but I've always had issues with ingrown hairs down there so I can never tell the difference. I believe I'm having an outbreak though because of the reasons mentioned, in addition to the fact my sore throat has returned. I don't feel sick, but when I initially contracted my sore throats lasted for three weeks straight. Does anyone else experience sore throats during an outbreak? Is this something that typically happens? Doctors continue to tell me my throat has nothing to do with my herpes but CLEARLY there's a relationship, I feel. Can anyone help me out?

WilsoInAus

Please obtain the IgG test, his will tell you what you need to know. It will be worth your while I’m sure!

WannaCry

IGM tests should NEVER be used for adults. This is information directly from herpes experts themselves. (Terri Warren,  Dr Anna Wald, Dr Edwwrd Hook, Dr Hunter Handsfield)

In adults non HSV based proteins can trip the test and give false negatives. IGM tests should only ever be used on infants for diagnostic use for HSV. It is outdated and WRONG knowledge to use it on adults.

Carmen Jones

It was an IGG, my mistake. I should have proof read. 

WilsoInAus

I don’t understand, you’ve only ever had an IgM test right?

Jimmyjimmyhuapua

We discussed this here a lot when you got diagnosed you are starting to establish a relationship between herpes and other sympthoms. Thats because you were not realising some health issues before herpes now you started to pay too much attention on your body and health. I had the same situation also.  When i was diagnised i started to discover at my body more than before. Your doc is right herpes is not related with throat issues, it can tingle can make you itchy these are sympthoms. Then burning sensation maybe. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Burty
      Coming back to report that after vaccinations in May and July, today I have one vesicle. Called the doctor and will report back later. Slightly pessimistic at this point. 
    • Cariad
      I think I need to treat this as an ocd thought (that I've got herpes) and not check myself compulsively, not seek constant reassurance from doctors and the internet, just try and forget about it. Re disclosure, I would tell future partners that i could have hsv but I don't know, all the visual examinations and tests I've had have come back negative but there's still a possibility that i have herpes. Then they can decide whether to take the risk. I always assume someone is positive for everything unless there are tests to prove otherwise. I don't do casual relationships so always get a full sexual health screening with my new partner so we can both be safe. But they could have herpes and not know as it's not routinely checked for. It's a risk for all parties involved. I spoke to herpes.org.uk helpline and Marion told me that blood tests are routinely bringing up false positives/negatives and that having the virus doesn't predict when and where you're going to have an ob. I therefore wouldn't trust the result of the test and would be repeatedly getting tested, as I did when my hiv ocd was really bad. That was a hugely stressful and anxious time and I don't want to go through that again!! Especially for a virus that can't kill you!! So I think I'm going to have to live with the uncertainty of having herpes obs and avoid sexual contact whenever I feel sore down below if/when I'm in a relationship.  Being on this forum is just exacerbating my Ocd, so I think that I should stop posting as it's reassurance-seeking. Wishing you all the best and thank you all for your help, advice and support. Remember - it's just a virus that billions of people have and doesn't make us dirty or unworthy of love or a good life. Stay safe and well xx
    • WilsoInAus
      And I’ll help you up until the second coming. I think this is an unhealthy dose of imaginitis as far as herpes is concerned. Wouldn’t you agree?
    • WilsoInAus
      Yes man that’s correct. I mean we don’t really want more people in the delusional room with mirrors that see nothing, do we?
    • WilsoInAus
      There’s nothing visually or in what you describe that is suggestive of herpes. See your doctor if you have concerns, there’s plenty of things on the list of possibilities here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.