World's Largest Herpes Support Group
ooopen

Pinned List of Current and On-Going Trials

ooopen

Can we get a list of the currently on-going research related to treatments and/or cures? Its incredibly frustrating to come here and just see posts like "I say in 10 years they'll be a cure". Lets actually put together a list of what is in production and what has been pulled. The Wikipedia list is outdated and not very helpful.

So far, reading through things, I've got:

• Vical VCL-HB01 (therapeutic vaccine): in Phase II, expect results July 2018
  • Genocea GEN-003 (therapeutic vaccine): finished Phase II, no funding for PIII right now due to low success rate
  • AiCuris Pritelivir (daily antiviral): FDA ended PII for normal patients due to adverse skin conditions in animal models; currently in fast-tracked PII for immunocomprised patients
  • Theravax (therapeutic vaccine): hard to tell?
  • Aaron Treywick Ascendance (therapeutic vaccine): gene compounds in May 2018(?)
  •  Amenalief (daily antiviral): too expensive and only in Japan?

There are other promising items, including

• BX795 successfully treats herpes in the eye
  • HSV2 Trivalent at University of Pennsylvania research
  • Crispr?

Do people have things to add to this list?

Lukeherpwalker

Thought gen 003 was terminated..... Not sure 

Nietzsche
Posted (edited)

Great idea:

Please add: 

Excision BioTherapeutics - CRISPR Trails start in 2019-2020
https://www.excisionbio.com/pipeline

Albert Einstein College Preventative vaccine (no trails yet planned)
http://magazine.einstein.yu.edu/fall-2017/going-viral/

NanoViricides (no trails yet planned) 

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nanoviricides-drug-candidates-to-be-tested-in-animal-models-of-dermal-ocular-and-genital-herpes-virus-infection-at-the-university-of-wisconsin-300615927.html

University Medical Center Utrecht CRISPR research 

(im planning to contact them in nearby future) 

Edited by Nietzsche

Jimmyjimmyhuapua

Redbioteach herpes vax is also a candidate,

sanofi pasteur hsv 529 still is waited to move to phase 2.

Thatguy604

Admedus hsv-2 vaccine still awaiting phase 2b results? I can’t find information on their website anymore..weird 

fixme1
23 minutes ago, Thatguy604 said:

Admedus hsv-2 vaccine still awaiting phase 2b results? I can’t find information on their website anymore..weird 

Subunits usually fail, so probably didn't give better results than anti virals

LeftCoast

Me thinks admedus is dead. 

Thatguy604

I don’t have much faith in it either. But it’s still out there. They wouldn’t have gone past phase 2a for nothing..it be a waste of money.

ooopen

Updated List:

Best bets:

• Vical VCL-HB01 (therapeutic vaccine): in Phase II, expect results July 2018
  • AiCuris Pritelivir (daily antiviral): FDA ended PII for normal patients due to adverse skin conditions in animal models; currently in fast-tracked PII for immunocomprised patients
  • Theravax (therapeutic vaccine): hard to tell?
  • Amenalief (daily antiviral): too expensive and only in Japan?
  • UPenn/Friedman (tri-valent sub unit vaccine): ???
  • Redbiotech (therapeutic vaccine): preclinical animal models promising, no date on when Phase I trials would start
  • Sanofi Pasteur HSV529 (therapeutic vaccine) - awaiting Phase II
  • BlueWillow Biologics (nasal spray vaccine) - planning to advance to Phase I human studies, no date provided though
  • Excision BioTherapeutics - CRISPR Trails start in 2019-2020
  • NanoViricide/UWisconsin (dermal topical): currently in safety and efficacy in animals stage
  • Albert Einstein School of Medicine (??): I wasn't able to find much info about this

Unknown bets:

• Aaron Treywick Ascendance (therapeutic vaccine): gene compounds in May 2018(?) -- he died
  • Genocea GEN-003 (therapeutic vaccine): finished Phase II, no funding for PIII right now due to low success rate -- stalled indefinitely
  • Admedus -- removed HSV from website

There are other promising items, including

• BX795 successfully treats herpes in the eye
  • HSV2 Trivalent at University of Pennsylvania research
  • Crispr?

Anyone have anything else to add? 

sochke

Louisiana State University by  Dr Konstantin Kousoulas

R2 mutant vaccine

dont quit!17

Vical is a total flop. No need to put that under your best bets list. Categorize them under a "vaccine" category or "gene editing" one. It would look more organized. Theravax looks shaky as hell too. Not much promise in that either. 

Beaches
15 hours ago, hurryup said:

Viblok.

What is up with Viblok?

someone on the forum was In their trial but nothing was mentioned again!

i was kind of looking forward to this one but ...

lookingforanswers18
2 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

Vical is a total flop. No need to put that under your best bets list. Categorize them under a "vaccine" category or "gene editing" one. It would look more organized. Theravax looks shaky as hell too. Not much promise in that either. 

Where are you getting information that it is a total flop? 

brookeb300

Everything sucks I think except pritelivir might kind of work ok

cowpoke02

let me know if something works good / usually you try to make things but they work for something else .  stumble onto things that work .  keep looking .. let me know if you have something successful even if suppressant haha. 

dont quit!17
4 hours ago, lookingforanswers18 said:

Where are you getting information that it is a total flop? 

Results from several years back. I don't know why they are even still running trials. 

hurryup
7 hours ago, Beaches said:

What is up with Viblok?

someone on the forum was In their trial but nothing was mentioned again!

i was kind of looking forward to this one but ...

Crickets.

I think it's toast. No news is not good news imo

JHenry
13 hours ago, dont quit!17 said:

Results from several years back. I don't know why they are even still running trials. 

Per Vical’s recent reorganizing and stated intentions, your comment runs counter to their point.   We will know more in June or July of this year as results from phase 2 clinical  trials will be presented.    Vical been working in conjunction with Anna Wald and others at  The University of Washington, a premier university in the study of herpesviruses.   Do you have current, substantiated and reliable sources regarding VCL-HB01 to share at this time?  Too many people hold on to any and all hold hope for an opinion to be exercised as fact.   

Taintedgirl
16 minutes ago, JHenry said:

Per Vical’s recent reorganizing and stated intentions, your comment runs counter to their point.   We will know more in June or July of this year as results from phase 2 clinical  trials will be presented.    Vical been working in conjunction with Anna Wald and others at  The University of Washington, a premier university in the study of herpesviruses.   Do you have current, substantiated and reliable sources regarding VCL-HB01 to share at this time?  Too many people hold on to any and all hold hope for an opinion to be exercised as fact.   

Hope for what honestly? This site should tell you that hope is futile. @Micah was right. You can go through the years and years of hope all the way back to 2009 and nothing came of it. We’re never getting cured honestly we got the worst luck of the draw. HIV is undetectable yet we can’t even get a bloody pill to stop outbreaks. I remember someone saying HSV is too well designed a virus to kill and I thought they were crazy. I agree with them now. The CNS cannot be breached maybe 30 years from now they’ll get it right but as usual I’ll end by saying I hope to God I’m wrong. 

lookingforanswers18
48 minutes ago, JHenry said:

Same thing I said. Could there have been a new development they did not let the public know about. Does anyone on here work for Vical? Please enlighten me!  Until the company release their finding about their product. Im sorry I cant trust the therioes or assumptions of indivduals who are basing their information on past failures. If it does fail...guess what someone else is working on something too. I get it we are all frustrated and want to move on, but bashing the NEVER CURE & ITS GOING TO FAIL at people is pretty disheartening. I get it you may have given up hope long time ago but many others have not & I definitely have not. I come here for answers, new developments, not more negativity. Its bad enough we are on here in the first place looking for answers. Y'all might say you're being realistic, but lets stick to actual documented facts from textbooks, article links, scientific studies, and clinical studies. By no means am I being rude, but Im just saying! 

moialbalushi
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, lookingforanswers18 said:

Same thing I said. Could there have been a new development they did not let the public know about. Does anyone on here work for Vical? Please enlighten me!  Until the company release their finding about their product. Im sorry I cant trust the therioes or assumptions of indivduals who are basing their information on past failures. If it does fail...guess what someone else is working on something too. I get it we are all frustrated and want to move on, but bashing the NEVER CURE & ITS GOING TO FAIL at people is pretty disheartening. I get it you may have given up hope long time ago but many others have not & I definitely have not. I come here for answers, new developments, not more negativity. Its bad enough we are on here in the first place looking for answers. Y'all might say you're being realistic, but lets stick to actual documented facts from textbooks, article links, scientific studies, and clinical studies. By no means am I being rude, but Im just saying! 

Failiure leads to success. Thats what I believe is happenning with herpes trials. The progress happenning is good. Thnx for your comment.

Edited by moialbalushi

Taintedgirl
55 minutes ago, lookingforanswers18 said:

Well the facts say it’s incurable. We’re just being realistic here. I’m not trying to dampen moods but I think we need to be realistic and have a healthy relationship with potential cures. I think we can have hope but history has proven even the most promising stuff fell through. Not trying to be rude or ruffle feathers or make anyone feel worse but it is what it is. 

sochke
1 hour ago, Taintedgirl said:

Hope for what honestly? This site should tell you that hope is futile. @Micah was right. You can go through the years and years of hope all the way back to 2009 and nothing came of it. We’re never getting cured honestly we got the worst luck of the draw. HIV is undetectable yet we can’t even get a bloody pill to stop outbreaks. I remember someone saying HSV is too well designed a virus to kill and I thought they were crazy. I agree with them now. The CNS cannot be breached maybe 30 years from now they’ll get it right but as usual I’ll end by saying I hope to God I’m wrong. 

hiv is exisence is just 30 years and it is epidemic and people losing ife and there is lot of contribution from the philonthrepists,who is supporting the research ..thats why they quickly come up tools to adress the issue at least 70% ,only thing is leftover in hiv is how to remove the laent virus ,if they figure out this then there will be cure for that,definitely it will going to happen very soon if they got the same funding and smae efforts are put in place in future as well

When it come to HSV there is not much funds and efforts.yes they were doing research by set of people only by etting funds from govt.

but this decease exist from millions of years and considering the typical symptoms by the majority people ,they though this is not life threatening infection ,they dont know the actual reality people going through.hope this virus also get the attention from accross the board and we will get soon some thing better than what we have now.