World's Largest Herpes Support Group
ggboy95

Possible Herpes, Could Really Use Some Help

ggboy95

Hello,

Sorry to drag this out but at the moment I'm really quite worried that I may have contracted genital herpes and if I'm honest wanted some advice. I'm a straight male who had unprotected oral and vaginal sex with a girl 6 weeks ago. I hadn't had any symptoms up until a month after when I noticed some yellow discharge from my penis and pain when peeing. Upon discovering this I immediately went to my local GUM clinic on Monday the 12'th of March to be tested for Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea & HIV all which came back negative on the 18'th of March. I also had a swab test but the Dr said that she couldn't see anything on the slide. However, I did notice a developing cold sore on my chin on the 16'th which has since appeared and is finally subsiding, however I'm certain I've never had a cold sore before. By this point the pain whilst peeing had subsided, however was still experiencing some yellow discharge upon waking up in the morning. Upon hearing the results for my STI test were negative and the appearance of a cold sore, I immediately began to panic that I contracted genital herpes therefore went to my GP to which she didn't inspect my penis at all and barely offered me any information on it, just prescribed me Valacyclovir which I have been taking since Monday the 19'th. I now have discovered one small red spot on my testacles, no head or anything on it but I feel that its tingling such as concurrent with a herpes outbreak. I know that the Herpes test cant be done unless you have an open sore (in the UK), however I'm terrified of what it might be and/if I have also contracted something else as I know normally herpes doesn't cause yellow penile discharge. I'm extremely stressed that every little itch on my body could be it, I've been religiously washing my hands so much so that I've got dry, cracked skin on my hands and I can barely sleep exacerbating the problem.

I'm so embarrassed of this but also feel I have no one to talk to. I just don't know what to do next and needed some advice.

guaj14

The symptoms you have are genital herpes. Valacyclovir is an antiviral agent that stops the virus from cloning and helps you fight the outbreak, but the virus will remain in your body. There is a treatment called The Ultimate Herpes Protocol that is very effective against genital herpes. I leave the link to a webpage that talks about genital herpes and about this treatment.

http://killherpesvirus.com/topical-genital-herpes-treatment/

Soscared94

Did you request an igg test? I wouldn't take an antiviral until an igg showed negative and antivirals can skew the test

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I have recently been diagnosed with ghsv-1. I am traveling to Mexico soon tomorrow and my outbreak hasn’t completely healed as of yet. It’s been a week since taking the medicine and about a week and a half before noticing the outbreak. Even though it’s not painful to pass urine anymore but I’ve been pooping a lot and feel like I’m getting another outbreak inside of my anus. Are there any essentials that I should pack in order to subside the pain? Whilst home I’ve been taking epsom salt baths and adding tea tree oil to my sores. 
    • chrisrcrc
      By chrisrcrc
      My brother 38 years old (married) was drugged forcefully and sexually abused in November 2018 by two men. He didn't disclose this to anyone till last month. So we gave blood samples for STD. Not all results came but HIV is negative, Hepatitis is negative but positive for herpes igg test. But he never has any kind of blisters or sores or pimples or anything related ever on his body. Not before that incident and not now.

He has nasal polyps and pneumonia so could be HSV test is wrong because it looks for antibodies for herpes and maybe some other condition make similar kind of antibodies and test maybe false positive?
      Is he positive or if it maybe a false positive? Its been 5 months since the incident so window period for testing is enough I guess. I didn't tell him yet because he is suffering from pneumonia and already stressed. But I am myself very stressed. Been reading on internet and read mix comments from doctors that blood tests are not a true way to test for herpes.
      Please let me know your thoughts. What I read is that if there are no herpes symptoms on body than the tests doesn't mean anything but I am very very very worried. Please help me. Can herpes mask itself for 5 months without any symptoms? Or maybe its a false positive? Some doctors say it is useless to test for herpes unless there is an outbreak. Is it possible that herpes virus stay dormant and he may feel it at some later stage?
      Dear reader I am crying so much. I love my brother. I hope its a false positive. Please share your opinion and suggestions.
      Attached the result that arrived. Please help me. I can't stop crying. I suffer from anxiety and depression and on pills for years and this result made my anxiety very bad.

• Missingmynormal
      By Missingmynormal
      All I have been doing is research over the past three weeks and I still don’t even know where to begin this post because it’s still so shocking. This post might be long but I hope someone will read it and help me.  I feel like the doctors don’t really truly know about this topic in depth and I have no one to learn from and I’m so so scared.
      My first outbreak was 10 months ago. I had just had sex with a new person and started my period.  The doctor said it was BV and a yeast infection.  I knew that it couldn’t just be that.  My labia was terribly swollen and cut up that it was so painful to go to the bathroom.  Got better but then was cut up again about 2 weeks later and I think after antibiotics really had a yeast infection too.  About 3 weeks ago I felt really itchy one day and the next day I had a cut on my inner labia and started my period that same day.  After closely inspecting it I realized that maybe it could be a blister.  I got the doctor to swab it and they confirmed it was hsv2.  From the time the doc saw it my labia did get a little more raw but def not as bad as what happened 10 months ago.  Of course at that point my stress levels are high and I went back to the doctor a week later to get tested for everything else to make sure I was ok.  So of course high stress again.  Once my initial cut was healed I shaved and ended up with what I think was another outbreak but this time next to my outer labia.  I went back and forth if it was from shaving but I feel like there were two spots and they had itched and were painful. Those spots are not fully healed but no longer hurt.  This morning and for most of the day I felt a sunburn type feeling on my right butt.  When I’m looking at it now I swear that I can see these small bump patches that might look like little blisters ... I don’t think they look like regular little butt bumps. They are so small and it’s hard to see but it does feel tender.  So this makes it seem like the 3rd little outbreak within 3 weeks.   I have always had very dry sensitive skin and I have been very super aware of every little thing since this diagnosis.  I’m supposed to start my period next week and I’m terrified that with it will come a 4th little outbreak.  This is not as painful as that first outbreak but it’s more upsetting cause it feels like it’s lasting longer.

1. Does any of what I’m describing sound normal.  Can you get it in 3 different spots within 3 weeks like this? Why does it keep restarting and it didn’t last time.  Is it ever going to end!? 
      2. How can I figure out what this is going to be like for me if every single circumstance has had different symptoms.
      3. I thought it was mostly supposed to be in the same place so why does this seem like 3 different places? Also, the spot on my butt if it’s hsv2 is this just a place where it can show up or did I spread it there?
      4. If this is a spot on my butt does this mean that I can shed there? I’m so terrified of spreading this to my family.  The spot on my butt is in a place that could be potentially touched by someone as it’s on the top and wouldn’t maybe be covered by s bathing suit. If I’m holding my niece on my hips and her legs happen to rub against that part of my butt and I’m shedding could I pass it to her.  
      5. I went 10 months between these outbreaks and I’m hoping that I won’t have to deal with this often but I’m not understanding why all of the sudden for 3 weeks I’m having something new pop up each week.  I’m so scared that this is going to be my new normal.  I just want to feel like me again and comfortable in my own skin and for the last three weeks all I’ve felt is uncomfortable in my skin.  
      I’d appreciate any help that someone who has been through this can help. I feel hopeless
      I’ve been taking everyday
      a. Probiotic
      b. Vitamin c
      c. Vitamin d
      have periodically used coconut oil, lavender, rosemary, and have taken lysine a handful of times.  
    • Boom
      By Boom
      Does anybody have any suggestions on how you deal with pain at work or when you are out? I have hsv2 I am in the beginning of a break out this one is bad. I can’t really afford to call in so if anybody has any tips I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks. 
    • Leemell48
      By Leemell48
      It's been five months since possible exposure and keep having symptoms. I keep experiencing thigh and pelvic pain and thick discharge. Also get shooting pains vaginally and on my butt. I just saw a small white bump inside my labia and next to it is a small open sore. They don't hurt when touched but the rest of my vagina hurts when touched or sitting. Does any of this sound like anyone's ob? I got tested in October but I'm scared I tested too early and now having trouble getting a doctor to retest me  
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • TerribleAtUserNames
      Oh, sorry, I think the catchy title I used was very misleading. And I didn't intend that. I put 'miracle cure' as air quotes because I don't actually think I've discovered a true cure. I mean, I still can get outbreaks, the virus is obviously still there. I like to at least think I'm not that arrogant or naive. 🙄 I had not definitively said anything for a couple reasons, including that I don't prefer making overly definitive statements to things I don't know.  And I was more talking with regard to what you were saying in your second paragraph in your most recent reply, whether tissue absorption had any additional effect to simple topical application. So, hopefully that's cleared up. But it is effectively a functional cure for me. In so far as I've gone from permanent outbreaks to one maybe every... 8ish months? I barely remember I have it.  And the point is that the virus has really impacted some people's lives. To the point where they take crazy--high risk--'treatments' or think about self harm. And if some other people can get the relief I've gotten from something so stupidly simple, I want them to be able to have that too. Especially given that the risk-reward ratio is--in my opinion at least--very favourable. I mean, its like literally 20-30 seconds of isopropyl alcohol a day. If it doesn't do jack for you in two weeks, move on--y'know? But I assume if it acts a particular way for me, it will likely act that way for at least someone else. And that could really change someone's life... Like it did mine.  Cheers, 
    • Cas9
      @TerribleAtUserNames OK, you need to understand the science. Alcohol does not seep into a nerve cell and kill the latent virus; That's a scientific fact. So you don't need to worry about checking. All the alcohol does is kill the virus on the skin surface. Whether it gets a little deeper in the skin layers and kills virus better than soap and water, I can't say for sure. Obviously, popping a blister and using alcohol will have a more drying effect than soap and water. The bottom line is that killing a herpes virus is easy when it's outside the nerve cell. Killing it in a nerve cell is difficult because anything that gets into the cell and kills the virus (breaking up it's dna), must not also damage the cell's dna. You need a smart bomb to do that. That's what gene editing is. It is programmed to have the ability to cut out dna segments specific to the virus without touching the cells dna. You have this image of the cell as a container and the alcohol just pours into it and kills the virus. If that was the case, it would destroy the cell's dna also. Cells are living things that have receptors on their cellular surface. Anything that gets into that cell, must have the protein that matches with one of the cell's receptors (like a key to a lock), which in turn causes the cell to let the substance enter. That's one method of how something gets in a cell. Do you honestly think that in all the decades that great scientific minds have tried to tackle this problem, that they simply missed your alcohol cure? C'mon man!!!      
    • dont quit!17
      That would be nice to have as an option. 
    • dont quit!17
      The momentum slowed down, when that forum member asked for a timeline. That is the last thing we should be asking. That's pretty frustrating. 
    • TerribleAtUserNames
      Hey everyone, thanks for responding! So you know, I updated the original post with negative effects I've experienced with alcohol as treatment, so feel free to check that out if you're curious.  Now, to what you guys were saying...    MaxTX: I actually use alcohol as my disinfectant of choice for most wounds. And sutiability seems to vary based on the type of alcohol used (says the internet). That being said, you are right apparently--but this isn't about the best wound treatment method. Its about stopping outbreaks. Regardless, I suspect the deleterious effects are fairly minor if you're trying to disinfect most wounds, but that's totally my personal opinion.  None the less, I'd suggest giving it a shot for outbreak prevention. It certainly works for me, hopefully it will for you too. And compared to taking an experimental vaccine or something like that, wouldn't this be easy and super low risk to try? Also if you google 'herpes' and 'alcohol' you can find a number of hits suggesting its use as a disinfectant for the sores.   Tired of Waiting: I'm sorry, it was a long time ago that I read her talking about it. But from what I remember, she was talking about wiping down there with alcohol, and how it helped with her outbreaks. I remember her also saying it burned like a mofo at first, but eventually became kinda second nature. I don't know what type of alcohol she used, sorry. Again, if you're concerned, maybe ask your doctor about safety? Like I said, isopropyl has worked well for me. I actually do use it before sex for that reason, back when I was having sex that is. Across 3 partners used with, no known infections--but given that I have hsv 1, and like 50-60% of the population is infected already, but only 10% present with symptoms, that could mean nothing. Unfortunately, I'm not a doctor, and certainly not one that has researched this scientifically, so I can't give you a firm answer for transmission prevention during sex. Personally, I'm confident in at least isopropyl alcohol's herpes killing abilities, even if just topically. For better or worse, real or imagined (but I suspect real), I let myself relax a lot more when using it before sex.  And then again after sex, for my own sake, hahaha, as I'm not overly keen on risking anything else. However, even this is something to consult a doctor about--I feel like there is conflicting information on whether it can be helpful post coitus, or whether it can actually increase the risk of getting an sti vs. simply washing. Imo, do some research and ask a physician to confirm or deny what you've learned.   Cas9: Soap and water never worked anywhere close to as well for me. Soap and water still meant permanent outbreak. So I suspect the alcohol is doing much more. I should clarify though, that I do actually dilligently use soap and water as well--the whole regular bathing thing 😁 I know you suggested to Tired of Waiting that it wouldn't affect outbreak frequency or the latent virus. I can't obviously check my own latent virus levels, but yes I can still get outbreaks if I stop using the alcohol. However I can, indeed, use it as a prophylactic for outbreaks, and it does prevent me from getting them the vast majority of the time. Perhaps because that kind of tissue is more absorbent or something? Or perhaps when topically applied the alcohol is significantly more potent and herpes unfriendly--which I believe really is also the case from what I've read. I know though that I can't discontinue alcohol treatment for more than 6ish days (my limit so far) without flaring up again. And with twice daily showers, that would strongly imply that soap and water is really not helping the same way.  Cheers, guys! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.