World's Largest Herpes Support Group
SeeB89

Fordyce Spots or HSV?? (Pics)

SeeB89

So back in 2012, I contracted herpes to my genital area (could of been from oral or sex). All I know is I had unprotected sex with a girl, days later I had herpes infection-like symptoms. I went & got tested to & it came back as HSV-2. So back then my lips were clear & didn’t have a spec on them. (besides the pimple-like outbreak right below the edge of my lips,) 

but not until 2017, I noticed that I’ve slowly accumulated small white bump clusters look on my lips. I looked through my old photos noticed that I had them years ago but they were barely a spec of anything. Now they more clustered & more visible. I made the mistake trying to pop one, only to realize that it’s came back, more visible. I finally googled these symptoms & found out about Fordyce spots. From the google pics I saw, they resembled my diagnosis, but me having HSV, I wasn’t sure if this was just years of having it & it’s moving to other parts of my body. I also read that trying to pop them only causes more of them to emerge.

Basically, I’m asking on your opinions if herpes can mimic Fordyce spots, if it is Fordyce, or is it possible to have both? This has often affected my self-esteem & would love feedback to ease my mind.

0BC6F0AD-5216-4D21-8522-2EE2E15111A4.jpeg

DFE99C8B-E950-4DB1-A120-33ACAEAA19F2.jpeg

6BC423F9-62BF-40A4-B2C7-9B92DC6B7E77.jpeg

Quest

It sure looks like it could be Fordyce spots. They are almost invisible and they are evenly spaced and not an irregular shape. 

WilsoInAus

I agree they are almost certainly not herpes.

Those lips look terribly dehydrated.

Did you have a blood test for HSV-1 at the time?

SeeB89
6 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

I agree they are almost certainly not herpes.

Those lips look terribly dehydrated.

Did you have a blood test for HSV-1 at the time?

Honestly, I’ve never been one to wear chapstick in years past. & I think I did have my blood tested but I honestly couldn’t tell you from my diagnosis years ago. I’m sure they would have it on file, right?

SeeB89
6 hours ago, TCBH said:

Have you been to a dermatologist?

I have not. I probably will soon though.