World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Stweffy

Help! I’m not sure if I have HSV 2

Stweffy

Hello,

I recently broke up with my ex in late January because I found out he’s been cheating on me with a lot of people. Between January 13-21 we had unprotected sexual intercourse everyday. 

On February 1st I got a blood test out of paranoia that I might have gotten something from him. (At the time of this blood test it’ll be almost 3 weeks from “initial exposure”). The test result came back and my HSV 2 IgG value was 0.95, equivocal. But my incompetent gynecologist told me I tested positive for genital herpes and just told me to go back if I ever get any symptoms. 

I have a pretty neurotic personality and being inbetween negative and positive for this incurable virus has caused me a lot of distressed. So 7 weeks after my first blood test (10 weeks after “initial exposure) I went to planned parenthood in hopes of getting a confirmation blood test. 

I spent a lot of time arguing with the doctor who advised me against this because the CDC disapproves of herpes testing with blood sample. Ultimately I was able to get a blood test and my HSV 2 IgG value came back 1.05 (0.10 higher than the first test but still equivocal). 

Ive had no symptoms at all not even the mild symptoms that usually go unnoticed. 

I’m just incredibly confused as to whether I have genital herpes or not. I’ve tested equivocal for it twice already. The fact that my IgG value increased by 0.10 within the 7 week period is telling me that I most likely have it. 

I don’t know what to take from all this. Please help!

Thank you

LizzieJ

I would say that you're negative, but if you want to look into it more I found this thread:

I was diagnosed almost 10 years ago, but have never really had any symptoms. No big outbreaks. After being tested repeatedly tested and having low-positive test results, this year my test results came up negative. I got tested a 2nd time to confirm the negative result. There is no way that my test results should be negative, because once you have those antibodies they stay with you for life. But either way, I'm considering getting a western blot test.

Scooby2112

Do you have hsv1?   

You don't mention testing for HSV1.  I am assuming that is because you know you have cold sores (oral herpes)?

If this is true than I would agree that your hsv2 could be elevated due to cross reactivity with the antibodies from HSV1.  

However I wouldn't be able to confirm you are hsv2 negative as your testing is still early you could be building an antibody response currently and by three months it could be a solid positive.  

Prior hsv1 can also make the symptoms very minimal to non existent for genital HSV2.  Since the hsv1 antibodies may have enough efficacy to prevent significant symptoms.  

Sorry I am very speculative but don't have enough history, feel free to comment more and we can provide more advice. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• Alwayssmile_
      By Alwayssmile_
      Hi 
      I'm losing more hair than usual and not on any suppressive meds. 
      Was wondering if anyone else experienced this hsv2 diagnosis or even hsv1 diagnoses 
      If so how did you solve the problem? 
      Thank you. 
    • Lucy29
      By Lucy29
      Hi guys 
      I’m really confused about what is going on at the moment. I contracted HSV2 11 years ago was outbreak free for 7 years then started getting OBS but very mild around my period I was in a relationship so I went on suppression it will be two years on suppression in May 2019. 
      For I wound say the last year I have had near  constant shooting pains down my legs/ feet  sometimes in other areas of my body like hands Arms  spine soemtimes and around my buttocks I soemtimes even feel it in random places like my head etc. I also get a very itchy and swollen labia minoria soemtimes and just a burning feeling down below. It feels like something is there but when I look and with a light I can see notning. This is usually  worse at night I’ll wake up in the morning and it will be gone but through the day it will start again especially from friction of walking etc. 
      I was on acyclovir but I changed to vacyclovir to see if it made a difference the first week I thought it did but this sensations are now back again. I’ve upped my dose and still the symptoms remain I also take olive leaf and lysine. I have no visible  sores at all and I’ve not had a single sore since starting suppression apart from a very mild one  when I was very stressed and pregnant  and ran out of tablets. 
      My doctor at the GUM clinic ( sexual health clinic in UK)  thinks this is not herpes related she said if the sores have stopped then the meds  are  working and this could be another skin condition down below.  But I have leg pains itching and burning which to me is all symptoms of HSV. 
      I have thought to myself herpes doesn’t behave like that and doesn’t come at night then go away in the morning then back at night but I don’t see what else this could be.  
      When I had blisters I never got nerve pain I had the usual tingling in vagina when you just know one is coming I don’t have this anymore since being on suppression. 
      I honestly would rather have mild OBS every few weeks that last a few days  than these constant symptoms. I feel contagious 24 7 and I wound even risk having  sex. 

Does anyone know  what this can be ? Is it  Hsv ? If it’s stopped   my blisters wouldn’t it stop symptoms all together ? 

Thanks 

• Thordust
      By Thordust
      I had some recent burning down on my outer labia, wasn’t sure if it was a vaginal infection or irritation from a new soap I was using. Then I used Monistat since I wasn’t sure and the whole lady area swelled as an allergic reaction from it. I went to visit the OB to verify and we tested for STIs anyways and no visible sores anywhere. All results came back negative. However HSV2 igg test came back at 1.07 equivocal. My doctor told me I was positive. I have no clue what to believe? The CDC says low values should be retested with the WB. I’ve also had no lesions, blisters or nothing. Anyone experience this? Any advice on what I should do? Thank you!
    • Hellothisisjerry
      By Hellothisisjerry
      Hello. 

I had a mildly risky encounter. The girl had a bf for 1 year so that's a good sign. After they broke up we slept together a few times. Always using a condom. But on aug 26 we did not use a condom for sex. A week later I was moving into a new house and I legit wore the same underwear for like a week and also didn't wear underwear and wore tight jeans. 

About a month later I developed a rash. It was painless. Hardly itched. No blisters or ulcers. Like red rash and partially inflamed skin.  This rash all occurred under my foreskin. (I am uncircumcised). And then it went away a day or so after showering. But before it went away it was getting redder and redder. 

Another month later a less severe rash returned in the same area. I got std tested and all came back negative. The doctor did not do a herpes test, because there was no ulcers. And he did not do a herpes blood test because I have oral herpes when younger so it would show positive. But he looked at my penis rash and said it's just irritation or something. And gave me some cordrison (or whatever 1%) cream. 

This is is the third time that this rash has appeared in the span of 5ish months. It's never painful itchy or whatever. 

Gove me me your thoughts please. 

Symptoms experiences  
      smegma more more than usual. Sometimes dry skin peels off (very little)
      no itch, no burn, 

http://imgur.com/a/GmeJxcp
    • Blanca2018
      By Blanca2018
      Has anyone tried Longdanxiegan (LDXGFG) as a treatment? There seems to be scientific evidence of great results in animal trials.
      This is the link to the study https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1028455916000322.
      It is a Traditional Chinese Medicine formula that now has won some scientific attention. I have previous experience using Traditional Chinese Medicine for improving symptoms of another rare diseases I suffer and, seeing this has been backed by some research, I am considering giving it a try.
      Thanks to all contributors to this forum for all the valuable information shared.
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Trace67
      Who said it was hard to believe? It's possible that it causes some Alzheimer's but its also possible that herpes merely takes advantage of a brain weakened by Alzheimer's rather than being the causative agent. This theory is a well-documented by experts. The fact is that they have no proof either way. Links do not prove anything and are often proven incorrect as causative agents. To further complicate things, they fully expect that Alzheimer's may have several causes. Therefore, the best way to handle it at the moment may be to reverse the damage with a cure which would likely work for all causes or at least most. It may be easier to fix for now and then prevent later as they learn more about the various causes. They may be on the brink of that now.
    • Metalhead!
      I have to agree. Only American companies are under the jurisdiction of the FDA but why do they extend their influence over all treatments and medicines globally cos they are corrupt yeah. Makes sense
    • hsv2fighter
      Dear Mike, I have access to academic resources. If you would like to have a look at the original report, you can tell me your email. Note that it's only for personal use of HSV cure research survey.
    • Waiting4newlife
      I got it from my ex-girlfriend from India. Break up after that. Now moving to canada. 
    • BrittanyGators
      In my opinion the FDA are the biggest scammers out there. From my side as a mother who had to see my Daughter be infected because of the terrible misrepresentation of Pharmaceutical medications (Valtrex) I think that the FDA has a lot to answer for.  They take their funding and bonus's to approve dangerous medications which have later turned out to be deadly.  They approve and endorse sugar with no limitation or regulation although it's the biggest cause of heart disease, diabetes and obesity.  All because they are part of the bigger business scams out there to keep the population dependent on antivirals for life.  I know I would much rather a natural solution for my Daughter than the toxic medications the FDA endorse. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.