World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
KCookie

Their back with a vengeance

KCookie

Hi all. 

The last time I was on this forum was 14 months ago as that was the last time I had a sore. From 29.10.16-2.1.17 I had 11 sores all healing between 9-12 days. I never felt so depressed, low esteem and no confidence. Then I read on here one of the members was taking olive leaf extract, so I thought why not. So I was taking 500mg of Flamvir, 4000mg of L-lysine and now 6000mg a day of the olive leaf. I cut out all foods high in arginine, always wore factor 50 cream on my face as I work outdoors, stopped running as I thought this could be stressing out my body, as I ran two marathons. Started cycling, as less stressful, and to my amazement I went 14 months without a sore. My confidence at the time was sky high, esteem to, I couldn't have been happier, them boom, a sore, luckily only small and went in 5 days, then all of a sudden the biggest I've ever had. Back to square one, complete worry, confidence and esteem at my lowest. 

Now when I get these I just can't face anyone so I canceled my next job and all quotes I had booked in and I'm just sitting at home all depressed wondering when it's going to disappear. It's been 6 days and doesn't seem to be healing. I just can't understand why I'm suddenly getting them again after such a long period. I have always taken great care of my appearance, have to be well presented and I do have a little OCD, so getting a sore just freaks me out and makes me feel disgusting.

sorry for the rant.

Buttwhy

I know what you mean. Ive never had one but my son has. He's an adult now. He refused to go out in public. I suggested taking two benadryl each night and using toothpaste with something added to numb it (toothache medicine or something like that) with a powder to dry it out. apply directly to the sores. Gone by morning. I'm not a Dr. I have no idea why it works for him but it always has. Since he was in middle school he has done this. Not sure how he got them since he was quite young but I always had home remedies for anything. This worked for him and he still uses this today. 

KCookie

I tried so many different remedies but nothing speeds up the healing process. I always use the compeed patches so not to spread any in infection. I got my first one in 1997 and still to this day don't know off who. None of my family or friends have had one, just me and way to many. To me it's the end of the world, soon as I get one it's instant depression thinking of what lies I can tell to my customers to get out of going to work. This lie atm is stomach bug, no one is going to query that, right. This is so not me, I hate lies. Dropping off the kids to school was a nightmare this morning now I'm worrying already about picking them up in front of all those mothers.

WilsoInAus

Mate, if you're an (honorary) Aussie, no one really cares about cold sores. If you have 10 or more people in a room you'll see at least one with an active/healing cold sore. 

To help, those patches are pretty cool. At more than a metre, you pretty can't tell you have a cold sore.

KCookie

That's true, no one really cares. That's why I don't understand why I worry so much, to the point where I'm sweating and heart racing. Just got the kids from school walking with my head down, didn't want to look up and make eye contact with anyone. 14 months of feeling great and now this misery. I thought taking the Flamvir would stop me getting them, let alone all the other tablets I'm taking. God I wish there was a cure. I just want to be my old self again.

WilsoInAus

You are yourself mate, and no virus amongst the 80 plus you’ll get at some point in your life can change that.

a lip sore, is a lip sore.

theuniversesucks
Posted (edited)

thank your lucky stars you only have this problem rarely , i have it everyday for over 4 years and it has toughend me up no end   , god help you  if you ever get a serious disease you will be hanging from the rafters , get down on your knees and thank god this is as bad as your herpes gets , see you in another few years 

Edited by theuniversesucks

yupitsherpes

Try campho phenique if you can find it. Works for a speedy recovery. If it's not healing drink only water for a little while and add plain Greek yogurt to your diet (best source of lysine)

KCookie
On 24/03/2018 at 1:27 AM, theuniversesucks said:

thank your lucky stars you only have this problem rarely , i have it everyday for over 4 years and it has toughend me up no end   , god help you  if you ever get a serious disease you will be hanging from the rafters , get down on your knees and thank god this is as bad as your herpes gets , see you in another few years 

The year before last was bad with around nearly four months with cold sores. One every month isn't great. That's why I couldn't understand what suddenly triggered them again. No different diet, not stressed or to tired. I've had two only 10 days apart, so I'm hoping this isn't going to be a bad year. 

I agree I would be hanging from the rafters, but everyone handles problems differently. 

On 24/03/2018 at 3:08 AM, yupitsherpes said:

Try campho phenique if you can find it. Works for a speedy recovery. If it's not healing drink only water for a little while and add plain Greek yogurt to your diet (best source of lysine)

Thanks I'll look into it.

KCookie

Update,

So after the rather large sore healed, 8 days later I get another, Its now four days after the OB and today guess what I get another. This is a record for me, I've never had four in a row. Got a doctors appointment on Thursday just to see WTF is going on. Just can't believe my luck.