World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Wtfisthisplease

Herpeselect Immunoblot vs Elisa in terms of detecting HSV-1 antibodies Elisa may have missed.

Wtfisthisplease

Herpeselect Immunoblot vs Elisa in terms of detecting HSV-1 antibodies Elisa may have missed. Would immunoblot be a better test if hsv-1 is suspected after receiving a negative on Elisa.

ExhaustedGirl1

I'm not sure, but I think in your case you will still not be satisfied with a negative immunoblot. Just go for the Western Blot if you still have concerns and try to close this chapter after that comes back negative (I should probably take my own advice as well).

WilsoInAus

No it’s no different. The immunoblot has a simpler measurement of whether a sample is positive. It is however based on the same GG antigen and is no more sensitive.

Only the Westernblot will enhance credibility from a blood test perspective. This test is over 99% in its detection accuracy.

WannaCry

ImmunoBlot is based on the same testing foundation that IgG is. It is ALSO less precise in it's modality of positive/negative. You will not get better information from the immunoblot. 

If you are this fixated you need to look into getting the Western Blot done. It is a very expensive test once you are done with consultation fees, blood drawing fee,s the testing kit and fees for it to be done by the university of washington and FedEx overnighting the blood sample. It will be around $500 USD by the time you are done. Possibly more as the figures I am using are from last year around this time.

Wtfisthisplease

Took another Eilsa too make sure. Still negative. At this point I must move forward. Would you guys agree I have nothing to disclose to future partners even though I may have some doubt in my results because I just can't explain the sore that I saw.

WannaCry

The multiple negative tests in conjunction with not having anymore sores appear heavily points towards whatever may have happened is not HSV. Should this still remain a concern as mentioned above, the WesternBlot is the most specialized and sensitive blood test for HSV on the market but it comes with $$$$ price.