World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
LuLu18

Broken hearted

LuLu18

Well... just told the guy I've been with for about 3 months.. I should have said something right away but I was so scared he'd run. I just told him and he's not happy.. he kept saying "this is huge.." "why'd you not say something sooner" "am I supposed to get tested now?" And he's face was just full of disappointment and I asked "is it over?" He said "I don't know.." but I don't have a good feeling about this... 

how am I supposed to deal with this, telling someone I really like then them up and leaving, for the rest of my life? 

Soo sick to my stomach.. 

WTHerp

Did you already have sex with him before telling him? 

Prayers

Wow I know the feeling it' hard to decide what to do I have told guys right away before it moves to intimacy and they disappear so it' been hard for sure but it' only fair to the person to tell. Guy I got it from didn' tell me. And I have been so angry!

LuLu18

Yes I did have sex with him already but it never got brought up because I haven't shown symptoms for awhile and I know that was wrong. I was so scared of this happening and it happened anyway 

WannaCry

Ok, you have to disclose before having sex with someone. Regardless of if you have not had symptoms or  an OB in a long period of time. 

We shed the virus even when there are no sores or prodome so people have the right to know this before they engage in sexual situations.

I don't suggest immediately telling people when starting to date as you want someone to get to know YOU and not "Virus and You"  but you have to tell people before having sex. I'm going to be honest with you that this man is most likely not going to continue seeing you as this was a very bad choice on your part and it will sit in the back of his mind as "If she wouldn't tell me about this what ELSE will she not tell me about". I know that sounds ugly but it is the unfortunate tone that these kind of situations sadly set when they occur.

junderstands

Before I had herpes, I met a girl who had it and she told me about it before we had sex. It actually made me like and respect her even more and everything was fine. I can't promise every guy will be like that, but at least you'll be sure he likes you for you.

yupitsherpes

I’ve been in the same situation and understand how depressing the unknown can be. Aside from all of the “should’ve, would’ve, could’ve(s)” you’re going to get the point is you’re here. He needs time. Let him get tested and come to his own terms. In my situation it took a month for us to see each other again. Things were not the same. They obvisously never will be. The only thing you can do now is work on YOUR right way to disclose in the future to prevent this.