World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Anonqwerty

Newly diagnosed sex q!!

Anonqwerty

I have hsv 1 oral... I know I can give it to him either by head or kissing but I have 2 q:

Can I give to him genital to genital contact (again oshv1)?

can it go from me giving him ohsv1 to him possibly giving me ghsv1?

Basically, can the body attack elsewhere besides its initial landing point 

WilsoInAus

There would be a reasonable chance that your partner has HSV-1 already, has he actually ever tested?

If he does not carry the virus, then it is possible for you to transmit from your mouth (only).

Your immune system is very strong against HSV and this means that an additional infection is an incredibly rare thing indeed.

Anonqwerty
53 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

There would be a reasonable chance that your partner has HSV-1 already, has he actually ever tested?

If he does not carry the virus, then it is possible for you to transmit from your mouth (only).

Your immune system is very strong against HSV and this means that an additional infection is an incredibly rare thing indeed.

He probably does, I'm not sure. He's just a guy I fuck tbh but he doesn't care about the OHSV1 because how common it is, even though I'm newly infected (my IGG test was a very high positive 35.30)..

he misses having sex with me, but I'm worried to give him something 

also, is my immune system strong towards it even if I'm newly infected? (A few months half a year)

WannaCry

It is super rare to contract HSV in another location once you have already had an established infection in another area.

In other words the fact you have had oral HSV for a year makes it very unlikely for you to be able to contract GHSV-1.

You cannot give him GHSV-1 by having genital to genital sex with him as you do not have GHSV-1. The only way he could get GHSV-1 from you is by oral sex

WilsoInAus
2 hours ago, Anonqwerty said:

He probably does, I'm not sure. He's just a guy I fuck tbh but he doesn't care about the OHSV1 because how common it is, even though I'm newly infected (my IGG test was a very high positive 35.30)..

he misses having sex with me, but I'm worried to give him something 

also, is my immune system strong towards it even if I'm newly infected? (A few months half a year)

Your blood test indicates a much longer term infection I would suggest, probably from childhood. Hence your immune system is fine.

This partner's attitude is actually pretty reasonable. 70% or more of women he could come across have oral HSV-1, so what are his options? If it isn't you, it will be another woman with oral HSV-1. 

Anonqwerty
3 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Your blood test indicates a much longer term infection I would suggest, probably from childhood. Hence your immune system is fine.

This partner's attitude is actually pretty reasonable. 70% or more of women he could come across have oral HSV-1, so what are his options? If it isn't you, it will be another woman with oral HSV-1. 

I've just been blowing men off with oral HSV? Why hasn't anyone said I given them something?!

WilsoInAus

Because transmission absent sores happens 1 in 5,000 blowjobs! And that’s for the guys without HSV-1.

Anonqwerty
19 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Because transmission absent sores happens 1 in 5,000 blowjobs! And that’s for the guys without HSV-1.

Last thing, so a high igg test means a long term infection? How so?

WilsoInAus

You cannot generate a high number as 35 say within about the first 6 weeks of infection. Hence if you do it means you were infected more than 6 weeks back. With HSV-1 this opens the possibility of a childhood infection.

Anonqwerty
1 hour ago, WilsoInAus said:

You cannot generate a high number as 35 say within about the first 6 weeks of infection. Hence if you do it means you were infected more than 6 weeks back. With HSV-1 this opens the possibility of a childhood infection.

Well that honestly makes me feel better. I was going through a very stressful period in my life so it makes sense for me to a have an OB now. But I'm sure I had a cold sore as a kid, but it's not one of those things you remember until you realize you have Herps, I guess haha

Anonqwerty
4 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Can I have a high number of 35 for an infection 6 months old? A year?

WilsoInAus

Well 35 is not high, it is very normal for a carrier of HSV-1. What can be said quite definitively is that you could not feasibly produce such a reading within about 6 weeks of infection. This means you were infected anywhere from 6 weeks beforehand back to childhood! Many people are infected before living memory and although they have some bad outbreaks for the first few months after infection, quite a proportion then have no living memory of subsequent cold sores. 

The key point here is that a primary infection with HSV-1 is not a trifling affair, over 90% of people so infected have noticeable, distinctive symptoms. It isn't pragmatic to suspect a silent infection took place and a first outbreak occurring months or years afterwards. This does become more feasible for a subsequent infection of the other type.

Anonqwerty
2 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Well 35 is not high, it is very normal for a carrier of HSV-1. What can be said quite definitively is that you could not feasibly produce such a reading within about 6 weeks of infection. This means you were infected anywhere from 6 weeks beforehand back to childhood! Many people are infected before living memory and although they have some bad outbreaks for the first few months after infection, quite a proportion then have no living memory of subsequent cold sores. 

The key point here is that a primary infection with HSV-1 is not a trifling affair, over 90% of people so infected have noticeable, distinctive symptoms. It isn't pragmatic to suspect a silent infection took place and a first outbreak occurring months or years afterwards. This does become more feasible for a subsequent infection of the other type.

So it can be from a 6 month ago infection? 

WilsoInAus

Yes, 6 months, 12 months, 5 years, 20 years etc.

You'd most likely would have had a noticeable outbreak (at least sending you to the doctor wondering what was going on) at the time. Did this happen 6 months ago?

Either way what is more relevant is his herpes status, yours is certain.

Anonqwerty
On 3/27/2018 at 8:03 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Yes, 6 months, 12 months, 5 years, 20 years etc.

You'd most likely would have had a noticeable outbreak (at least sending you to the doctor wondering what was going on) at the time. Did this happen 6 months ago?

Either way what is more relevant is his herpes status, yours is certain.

I got what felt like a stomach bug in January. But it was flu season. But I did have a one night stand in December. 

This may may sound vulgar but his mouth was everywhere, so does that mean I could also have GHSV1? I only got an IGG test. I know for certain it's at least oral because I get very minor almost unnoticeable outbreaks on my lip (paper cut like marks, small bumps). 

But what if im asymptomatic with GHSV1

I probably didn't contract this infection as a child, I was very promiscuous when my mental health was at an all time low.  

WannaCry

Adult infection with primary HSV-1 tends to be extremely painful and very, very obvious. Large sores covering large areas, both oral and genital in cases where people concurrently contracted. If you had contracted this during your period of promiscuity as you referred to it, you would of noticed it. The median time for a recent infection to start a primary OB is 2-10 days post exposure.

Many, many, many children contract HSV-1 from each other at very young ages. Slobbering on toys, sticking things in their mouths, ect. It's also common for HSV to get mixed up with an infection known as impetigo in small children as they present almost identically.

Anonqwerty
8 hours ago, WannaCry said:

Adult infection with primary HSV-1 tends to be extremely painful and very, very obvious. Large sores covering large areas, both oral and genital in cases where people concurrently contracted. If you had contracted this during your period of promiscuity as you referred to it, you would of noticed it. The median time for a recent infection to start a primary OB is 2-10 days post exposure.

Many, many, many children contract HSV-1 from each other at very young ages. Slobbering on toys, sticking things in their mouths, ect. It's also common for HSV to get mixed up with an infection known as impetigo in small children as they present almost identically.

Thank you for educating me! I just mention my promiscuity because I was being unsafe. But I guess it makes sense as to why I'm having OBs now, considering I've been dealing with a lot of immune issues.