World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Pugslove

Constant Nerve Pain from Gential HSV 1

Pugslove
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone! I’m a 24 year old female. I was newly diagnosed with hsv 1 gentially. I have been married for 6 months and my husband has been my only sexual partner (and I am his only as well).  I contracted it after he gave me oral sex at Christmas. Neither of us had any idea he had it and he showed no symptoms.

Around New Years I started to experience flu like symptoms and dull pain on the right side of my vagina only after sex. It would also swell and feel sore afterwards. There was a tiny red dot on the outside. The flu like symptoms and pain lasted a full month. 

I finally went to the doctor after a few weeks. I was diagnosed with hsv 1 which was a huge shock. The doctor told me it would heal and that I should just rest.

A week later I had my period and right after experienced horrible pain on the right, external side of the vagina and one lesion. I could barely walk I was in so much pain. I was put on antivirals. The lesion healed within days. The pain lasted almost the whole month. I had my period again and right after I had the same horrible pain, but no lesion. I’ve been to the doctor about 6-7 times and haven’t had any luck. I’ve done several rounds of antivirals. My pain is beginning to lessen but my period is this week again. I’m starting to worry the pain will come back again. I can handled an out break and the lesion but this pain lasting for weeks month after month is becoming difficult to cope with. Our sex life is nonexistent and it’s severely affecting my daily life. 

Does anyone with hsv 1 have such horrible nerve pain? How long did it last? What can I do for it? My doctors seem dumbfounded, any advice is much appreciated. I am on birth control pills. I’m wondering if hormones are affecting the pain as it’s been getting worse after my period. I’m also unsure if I should still consider this to be my first outbreak since I’ve only had one lesion. I’ve been feeling down and loosing hope. I’m wondering if this will go away....

Edited by Pugslove
Misspellings and left out details

Chris Taylor

Do you get sunburned feeling behind your upper legs, and or hip or side leg pain , bruise or heat kind of pain?

WilsoInAus

Was this a swab test or a blood test that showed positive for HSV-1? Has your husband had a test subsequently?

WannaCry

You may want to talk to your Dr about Gabapentin/neuropathy medication. It is given for neuropathy pain. It has helped many members here. Another option is to go onto a birth control that lets you have fewer periods in the year and see if there is a direct correlation to the pain with having a period. Are you on suppressive therapy at all/have OBs regularly?

If none of these options work you may want to contact a female pelvic floor therapist. Pelvic floor dysfunction can be caused by infections (of all kinds) and can cause cyclic pain in some women. 

Puni

yes i had similar genital nerve pains for 6 months constantly, but now it comes and goes, recently i have started noticing my legs have gone weak, also i'm experiencing knee pain :( HSV1 genital sucks 
it's better to have it in mouth.

Westendgal
14 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

Do you get sunburned feeling behind your upper legs, and or hip or side leg pain , bruise or heat kind of pain?

I actually experience all of those symptoms with ghsv1!

Pugslove

Thanks for the input! It does sort of feel like a sunburn and it’s really bad when I walk and my clothes touch it. I was only able to do a blood test because I didn’t have a sore at the time and the blood test came back positive. I’ve only ever actually had one sore. The pain is really bad for half the month and then it seems to go away mostly but never completely. Then it stirs up again. These are some tips I will definitely be looking into. Right now I’m trying suppressive therapy only when I have my periods. We’ll see if it helps any. That may have to be adjusted. Thanks for the ideas.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• Hellothisisjerry
      By Hellothisisjerry
      Hello. 

I had a mildly risky encounter. The girl had a bf for 1 year so that's a good sign. After they broke up we slept together a few times. Always using a condom. But on aug 26 we did not use a condom for sex. A week later I was moving into a new house and I legit wore the same underwear for like a week and also didn't wear underwear and wore tight jeans. 

About a month later I developed a rash. It was painless. Hardly itched. No blisters or ulcers. Like red rash and partially inflamed skin.  This rash all occurred under my foreskin. (I am uncircumcised). And then it went away a day or so after showering. But before it went away it was getting redder and redder. 

Another month later a less severe rash returned in the same area. I got std tested and all came back negative. The doctor did not do a herpes test, because there was no ulcers. And he did not do a herpes blood test because I have oral herpes when younger so it would show positive. But he looked at my penis rash and said it's just irritation or something. And gave me some cordrison (or whatever 1%) cream. 

This is is the third time that this rash has appeared in the span of 5ish months. It's never painful itchy or whatever. 

Gove me me your thoughts please. 

Symptoms experiences  
      smegma more more than usual. Sometimes dry skin peels off (very little)
      no itch, no burn, 

http://imgur.com/a/GmeJxcp
    • blackgirlsrock
      By blackgirlsrock
      I just got diagnosed with genital herpes (idk which type) this August-september ish. I’ve been on Valacyclovir for almost 2 months now, but i still experience itching, & weird discharge, which i think may be caused by an outbreak. Any suggestions on what i can do? 
    • dancingmoontj
      By dancingmoontj
      I´m adding to pics : one from wednesday Dec 5th and today Monday Dec 10th.
      Went to consultation and doctor  gave me a prescription right away : with local aciclovir and valtrax .
      I haven´t get my blood lab or swab test yet. I´m still confused the way internet explain how herpes symptomps are, and all of these does not applied to me.
      this appear a day after having sex with my boydriend and that night we didnt even practice oral sex. 2 days before I shave with an old razor and the hair still short. I know it could be herpes and I´m accepting it but there´s many pics and symptoms out there on the pages that make me feel confused.
      Thanks for reading

• CLS
      By CLS
      I have had herpes 2 since the 1970s and have learned to live with it quite well but after 40 plus years it started to become more frequent. It has always broken out on the buttocks never vaginally. 
      Also in the early days, before I knew what I had, I had pain along the shins like shin splints and could never figure out what caused it.
      My questions are several, but am especially interested in others' experience with changes in outbreaks over time and in nerve pain. I feel that has changed. I have noticed unexplainable gas before an outbreak and not so much shin pain. Also recently have had vaginal inflammation and itching (NO blisters).
      Any old timers have any knowledge on this?
    • Deexoxo
      By Deexoxo
      Hi I’m new to this website, it’s been a year since I found out I have  HSV 2. My question is, how likely can genital herpes be spread during sex if the condom tore the skin of the vagina area and it was bleeding a tiny bit? I was intimite with a man recently and we used a condom, it ended up pulling and tearing a small cut on my vagina, towards the end he took the condom off and I didn’t know until afterwards... I am on a suppressive treatment. I take Valtrex once a day but I forget to take it sometimes. what are the chances of him getting it?
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.