World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Todd27

Just tested positive today

Todd27

Ugh! I saw it coming for the last 4 months and today’s it finally arrived. I received my igg hsv1 results back today and it was 1.54 positive.

Im a little bummed out and a bit baffled by the whole thing. I’m the only guy in the history of herpes to contracted it by receiving a handjob. I know, I know, everyone says it’s not possible but I’m living proof that it can! I literally won the herpes lottery on the very first try! 1 in a million odds.

Ive got this shit ass doctor who tells me it’s a cold sore form of herpes via email and that’s it. No recommendations, no nothing. 

Anyways this to shall pass!

Pappus

@Todd27 @WilsoInAus @WannaCry

Damn that was unexpected. Now I feel, I have to wait longer and test again. I think lot of people get it from habdjobs, just that people dont talk about it. I think I am in the same boat. Just need to wait further to test positive. Hoping yours will be a false positive.

WilsoInAus

No it isn't unexpected. The chances are that a childhood HSV-1 infection exists. That in all likelihood has been picked up in all blood tests thus far. @Todd27has never tested negative for HSV-1 (that's right isn't it?)

You do not get herpes from a handjob.

Todd27

I was negative 0.78, At 1 month and then I tested 1.06 equivocal at 3 months and now 1.54 at 4 months.  It’s a pretty convincing trend if I do say so myself.

@WilsoInAus

Todd27

@Pappus

honestly I think you’re just fine. You have low numbers right?

WilsoInAus
2 minutes ago, Todd27 said:

I was negative 0.78, At 1 month and then I tested 1.06 equivocal at 3 months and now 1.54 at 4 months.  It’s a pretty convincing trend if I do say so myself.

@WilsoInAus

Not really, what would be convincing would be a swab of a penis sore.

Todd27

Ok well there was a sore and that kinda got the ball rollin. Unfortunately didn’t get it swabbed. But none the less, there is still a lot of evidence to back it all up. Hey I wish it wasn’t true.

@WilsoInAus

WilsoInAus

Mate it isn't true, the evidence still supports a childhood oral HSV-1 infection. Why isn't your number over 8 if it was a recent infection?

Todd27

I glad you said something because honestly I don’t know what that even means. There is just no good information available or I should say that I can find.

please explain to me why it would be over an 8? I sincerely don’t understand.

thank you

@WilsoInAus

WilsoInAus
Posted (edited)

This does seem to be Herpeselect tests that you are having. Sero-conversion using these tests is conclusive if the numbers go something like 0.2 - 1.8 - 6.0 for example. Upon a new infection, the body does go into hyperdrive and spews out the IgG antibodies and produces a spike for a few months usually settling down as the virus settles.

Your numbers are bobbing around at low levels, which is more common amongst about 25% of carriers of HSV-1 who have had the virus 20 years or more.

Edited by WilsoInAus

Todd27
Posted (edited)

Maybe you could shed a little light on this for me too.

ive been continually told that it can take 3 months and upwards of 6 months for person to build up enough antibodies before testing positive.

are we talking about the same thing?

@WilsoInAus

Edited by Todd27

WannaCry

Oh for chrissakes. You are still in the false positive range and an active ,recent infection would be way over 1.54. If you are going to keep fixating on this then put out hte money to get a Western Blot.

You have not had any actual sores have you?

Todd27
Posted (edited)

T

Edited by Todd27

WannaCry

@Todd27

Oh boy here we go. 

I was strictly responding to Pappus, who tagged me, and who is convinced he has gotten herpes in a way that IS NOT a way you contract herpes barring genital interaction with an active whitlow, which he has said was not going on with the person he got the handjob from. He has also multiple times tested negative from assorted IgG tests.

I was not talking about your situation in any way, shape or form. I misread your post as his on my phone with regards to the 1.54 information.

Regarding YOUR situation yes there are occasions of HSV1 having false positives. When adults contact HSV1 the antibody count tends to be very high, very fast as well as having an obvious OB wherever it was contracted. There are some rare exclusions to this case but it is not common.

As stated by Wilso that number you have seen is extremely common in people with long term infections/childhood infections of HSV1. If you have not had any genital sores it's even more unlikely that this is a recent HSV infection situation. Typical numeric values for childhood infections follow two forms : Lower positive values for people who have no/extremely rare OBs and higher numbers for people who have OBs on a regular basis.

I am not a mean person but I DO NOT indulge fixation on "BUT WHAT IF " regarding HSV as I fell into that trap during my WesternBlot situation and it destroyed both my physical and mental health so I will not help others do the same thing to themselves.

Todd27
Posted (edited)

@WannaCry

thank tou for your insight and I apologize for my comments. I will remove the post immediately.

i had one pimple like blemish in my pubic area. I wasn’t able to have it swabbed in time it healed up in about 4 days.

Edited by Todd27

Todd27

You’ve used it with success?

WilsoInAus
14 hours ago, Todd27 said:

Maybe you could shed a little light on this for me too.

ive been continually told that it can take 3 months and upwards of 6 months for person to build up enough antibodies before testing positive.

are we talking about the same thing?

@WilsoInAus

For sure yes.

50% of people test positive after 4 weeks... yep half of all infectees! This increases 10% per week: 60% week 5, 70% week 6, 80% week 7, 90% week 8! Then 95% by week 10-12.

The bulk of people are testing strongly positive from 6-12 weeks.