World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Igiveup

I need advice from anyone in a stable marriage

Igiveup

I just got what I am calling first OB last week.   I'm stunned, depressed, sick...  list goes on and on.    Had several partners before marriage .. been married for 15 years.   I've never cheated.  Don't think he's cheated or he even was with anyone before me.  But I wouldn't bet my life on any one other my own actions.     But he's a pretty good guy and promises he has not.    I'm in so much pain, I can't breath hardly.   Dr says it's for sure herpes.  I am awaiting test results.    Started Valtrex.  I can't even hardly look at my husband now.   He's being so sweet and worrried about me but I just want this to go away.    Help please.  Where do you go from here? Does he for sure need tested ?  I don't want to make him sick if he's not and now that I'm having OBs I'm afraid I'll make him sick if I ever have sex with him again.   Tests sound like they won't show if he's already carrying it if he's not symptomatic...  ???   Im afraid my kids are carrying without knowing now.     Want to die almost.   How do I go back to my church and my work like this isn't taking over my life ??  

Chicagonow

U  eventually will .. you need to take control if mind it will mess with u. Somewhat same situation  have been with my husband for about 20 years doc sd we must of been havi g it for a while like b fore him or him before me.. the good.thing is that u have a suppprtive husband so do I.  I know ur mind right now is.making u dizzy do.nt  Let it. take deep breaths..control ur breathing. And about ur kids I did worry to they don' show signed had them both vaginal.... that is the only thing that worries me  .. cause I just found out in 11/2017

Igiveup

Thank you. I find myself trying to take control because I know deep down I have to but then I get alone and lose it again.    I'm on vacation this week and I'm really struggling.   How long before you all had sex after you found out?? Has he ever had symptoms ?

sochke

does it cause dizzines  or breathlessness because of hsv ,just i want to know 

Piyush
59 minutes ago, sochke said:

does it cause dizzines  or breathlessness because of hsv ,just i want to know 

no not at all it does affect

Chicagonow

No stress does it cause she is thinking about it so much.. 

WilsoInAus
7 hours ago, Igiveup said:

I just got what I am calling first OB last week.   I'm stunned, depressed, sick...  list goes on and on.    Had several partners before marriage .. been married for 15 years.   I've never cheated.  Don't think he's cheated or he even was with anyone before me.  But I wouldn't bet my life on any one other my own actions.     But he's a pretty good guy and promises he has not.    I'm in so much pain, I can't breath hardly.   Dr says it's for sure herpes.  I am awaiting test results.    Started Valtrex.  I can't even hardly look at my husband now.   He's being so sweet and worrried about me but I just want this to go away.    Help please.  Where do you go from here? Does he for sure need tested ?  I don't want to make him sick if he's not and now that I'm having OBs I'm afraid I'll make him sick if I ever have sex with him again.   Tests sound like they won't show if he's already carrying it if he's not symptomatic...  ???   Im afraid my kids are carrying without knowing now.     Want to die almost.   How do I go back to my church and my work like this isn't taking over my life ??  

Hey there, Could I just try to put things in a little perspective. You have seen oral cold sores around right? Every Sunday at Church at least a few people are sporting a small lip sore right/ Maybe your husband has in the past?

I very common scenario here is that your husband has an oral HSV-1 infection, the cold sore virus and infected you genitally through oral sex.

In any event, in a little time, you will see how this does not need to change a single aspect of your wonderful life!

Igiveup
Posted (edited)

I never see lip sores hardly.  Or maybe I've never noticed. But lip sores isn't what I'm dealing with . I can't hardly walk or sit down.  It's awful.  I'm so ashamed.    I'd say I got infected with one of the guys I had unprotected sex with many years ago. .  And now I've put my whole family at risk ...  ugh.  

Thankful for the replies and support.  I don't mean to sound so hopelesss but I really can't help it.  It's so bad. I've gotten a bad cold now and my head hurts constantly  . I'm on fire down below, feel like constantly having discharge now . Itching on my hips and even scalp and back   ..  can't wipe without crying ...  

Edited by Igiveup

IamPositive

I can feel you.. I’m at the same situation.. happily married and blessed with a new addition to our family. But this virus devastating me.. every single second in my life I couldn’t feel safe.. I’m afraid I’m gonna infect my husband or my newborn..

Vega

I'm 63. Married 43 years. Never strayed until 2016. Diagnosed in 17. This man doesn't have them!!!  Can this virus lay dormant & come alive? 

Cas9
1 hour ago, Vega said:

I'm 63. Married 43 years. Never strayed until 2016. Diagnosed in 17. This man doesn't have them!!!  Can this virus lay dormant & come alive? 

Are you separated from your husband?

Michael1022

There is one sure way to tell if you just got this or it has been laying dormant.    Get an IGG blood test right now.   If you test negative for antibodies you have a new infection.   If your antibodies are higher you have had it awhile and just having your initial outbreak.   You need to also know if you have type 1 or type 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

• Similar Content

• Elly86
      By Elly86
      I've known my fiance for couple of years, and in our country, before we get married, it is compulsary for the couple to screen for HIV test. The test showed negative for both of us. Then we decided to take an STD test (without any symptoms) just to make sure and this test include Syphyllis, Chlamydia n both type of HSV. The results came with me having negative for all STDs and my fiance having all negative except for HSV-1 (igG blood test). 
      I am under so much pressure right now to consider of calling off the wedding or continue with it. My concern is that how it going to affect my pregnancy and my life as a whole.
      I love my fiance so much, I try to support him as much as I can. I just have certain worry about my future in terms of pregnancy and whether Im gonna contract HSV-1 oral or genital? Cause my fiance did not show any symptom either on his mounth or genital
      Anyone can give me advice regarding this..Im so much appreciate it.
    • honey120
      By honey120
      I want to die but i am afraid since i got herpes what shoulf i do friends
    • Tina3535
      By Tina3535
      Hello everyone,
      I am new to the forum and I joined because I am feeling shitty. I was diagnosed 8 years ago and I contracted it from my then boyfriend who became my husband. He did not tell me he was infected, I doubt he even knew but I am angry now because I found it that he was cheating on me. 
      We are currently going through a divorce and it makes me afraid that I won’t find someone who won’t scorn me. My mood is fine as long as I don’t have an outbreak but as soon as I have one I get depressed, I feel dirty, feel hopeless and it keeps me awake at night. I am so frustrated and I keep asking myself “Why me?”. Has anyone else ever felt this way? How do you cope?
      thanks
    • Lk2404
      By Lk2404
      Hello all,
      I’m a female and was just diagnosed GHSV 1 and I’m devastated. I really need someone to talk to about their experience. I’m at the end of my rope with general practitioners and their horrible bedside manner. If one more person spits a statistic at me or dismisses the psychological pain I’m going through, I’m going to lose my mind. Cannot see a psychologist for another week. Seems like nothing will ever be the same. Please help me.
    • atheo99
      By atheo99
      Im 19, I don't know how this happened but it did. I have not got my results back but I am 110% positive i have herpes. There are bumps lesions and open wounds everywhere, and i show all symptoms. At first I was very suicidal on the fact that I could be HSV2 positive but my mom calmed me down.she told me, it is what it is, and that I can still manage to have a normal life despite this. Im very scared as of right now. Im over the fact that it is herpes but i am in terrible pain. I can't sit i can't lay down i can't stand, walk or move. I had to sleep sitting up last night. I am scared to go pee as it burns tremendously. The doctor could not give me medicine until the culture comes back from the lab so Im hoping i can get an antiviral in my by tomorrow. I read that garlic helps so I've been taking garlic pills. Is there anything i need to know. Is there anything i can do/take to ease the pain. I tried pouring water on me when i pee but that did not help. Im just scared, i don't have a support group in person. Im in college and am embarrassed to tell anyone. Only my mom knows and she's across the country because I'm an out of state student. please help ! I'm desperate
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • joescrilla
      More confusion! So the results have come back for both of the partners that I've been with over the last 3-4 years and they are both negative for type 1 and type 2. Where do I go next? Any advice?
    • Gems
      please look through the forum in exact and careful detail and inform yourself of less than usual circumstances to cover yourself.

auto inoculation is rare and it can happen. off objects is debated but some people claim it happens. some people have experienced it happens easily.

so you know practice good hygiene. i personal think use a heated towel rail and make sure your towels are fully hot and dry. there were studies in the 80's showing it can live on towels for 75 hours. The herpes association say most experts agree it cannot be caught off a towel. That is most experts not all. Some people end up with it on their body and one has to wonder how? Towels I would guess.

Things that tend to stay kinda wet or so on. cups are another one that fit that i think.

I remember being at university once and being in the bathroom while a girl was on the phone to her friend.She thought she had a bite on her face but clear to me someone with herpes had kissed her on the cheek recently, it didnt look typical just her skin peeling. 

I am not an expert though or a doctor so do your own research.  

• Phoenixx
      Update: The creme that contains the tetrapodal zinc oxide still isn't available at Gorch Fock Apotheke Kiel. I called them today: same status as last year and they have no further information on when and if it will be available again.
    • Phoenixx
      Lilian, the zinc acetate we are talking about here is different from the tetrapodal zinc oxide that you are mentioning. But thanks for the reminder. The ointment that contains the tetrapodal zinc oxide still isn't available at Gorch Fock Apotheke Kiel. I called them today: same status as last year and they have no further information on when and if it will be available again.
    • Gems
      I've had neg swabs but I am sure you'll get it. Follow the process. I haven't read the thread in exact detail, but if you have documentation of doctors mishandling your case when you get/ if you get a poss inform them in writing as well as the medical board I think.  Under diagnosis is as problematic as false pos and reducing transmission is good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.