I need advice from anyone in a stable marriage

I just got what I am calling first OB last week.   I'm stunned, depressed, sick...  list goes on and on.    Had several partners before marriage .. been married for 15 years.   I've never cheated.  Don't think he's cheated or he even was with anyone before me.  But I wouldn't bet my life on any one other my own actions.     But he's a pretty good guy and promises he has not.    I'm in so much pain, I can't breath hardly.   Dr says it's for sure herpes.  I am awaiting test results.    Started Valtrex.  I can't even hardly look at my husband now.   He's being so sweet and worrried about me but I just want this to go away.    Help please.  Where do you go from here? Does he for sure need tested ?  I don't want to make him sick if he's not and now that I'm having OBs I'm afraid I'll make him sick if I ever have sex with him again.   Tests sound like they won't show if he's already carrying it if he's not symptomatic...  ???   Im afraid my kids are carrying without knowing now.     Want to die almost.   How do I go back to my church and my work like this isn't taking over my life ??  

U  eventually will .. you need to take control if mind it will mess with u. Somewhat same situation  have been with my husband for about 20 years doc sd we must of been havi g it for a while like b fore him or him before me.. the good.thing is that u have a suppprtive husband so do I.  I know ur mind right now is.making u dizzy do.nt  Let it. take deep breaths..control ur breathing. And about ur kids I did worry to they don' show signed had them both vaginal.... that is the only thing that worries me  .. cause I just found out in 11/2017

Thank you. I find myself trying to take control because I know deep down I have to but then I get alone and lose it again.    I'm on vacation this week and I'm really struggling.   How long before you all had sex after you found out?? Has he ever had symptoms ?

7 hours ago, Igiveup said:

I just got what I am calling first OB last week.   I'm stunned, depressed, sick...  list goes on and on.    Had several partners before marriage .. been married for 15 years.   I've never cheated.  Don't think he's cheated or he even was with anyone before me.  But I wouldn't bet my life on any one other my own actions.     But he's a pretty good guy and promises he has not.    I'm in so much pain, I can't breath hardly.   Dr says it's for sure herpes.  I am awaiting test results.    Started Valtrex.  I can't even hardly look at my husband now.   He's being so sweet and worrried about me but I just want this to go away.    Help please.  Where do you go from here? Does he for sure need tested ?  I don't want to make him sick if he's not and now that I'm having OBs I'm afraid I'll make him sick if I ever have sex with him again.   Tests sound like they won't show if he's already carrying it if he's not symptomatic...  ???   Im afraid my kids are carrying without knowing now.     Want to die almost.   How do I go back to my church and my work like this isn't taking over my life ??  

Hey there, Could I just try to put things in a little perspective. You have seen oral cold sores around right? Every Sunday at Church at least a few people are sporting a small lip sore right/ Maybe your husband has in the past?

I very common scenario here is that your husband has an oral HSV-1 infection, the cold sore virus and infected you genitally through oral sex.

In any event, in a little time, you will see how this does not need to change a single aspect of your wonderful life!

I never see lip sores hardly.  Or maybe I've never noticed. But lip sores isn't what I'm dealing with . I can't hardly walk or sit down.  It's awful.  I'm so ashamed.    I'd say I got infected with one of the guys I had unprotected sex with many years ago. .  And now I've put my whole family at risk ...  ugh.  

Thankful for the replies and support.  I don't mean to sound so hopelesss but I really can't help it.  It's so bad. I've gotten a bad cold now and my head hurts constantly  . I'm on fire down below, feel like constantly having discharge now . Itching on my hips and even scalp and back   ..  can't wipe without crying ...  

Edited by Igiveup
  • 2 weeks later...

I can feel you.. I’m at the same situation.. happily married and blessed with a new addition to our family. But this virus devastating me.. every single second in my life I couldn’t feel safe.. I’m afraid I’m gonna infect my husband or my newborn..

1 hour ago, Vega said:

I'm 63. Married 43 years. Never strayed until 2016. Diagnosed in 17. This man doesn't have them!!!  Can this virus lay dormant & come alive? 

Are you separated from your husband?

There is one sure way to tell if you just got this or it has been laying dormant.    Get an IGG blood test right now.   If you test negative for antibodies you have a new infection.   If your antibodies are higher you have had it awhile and just having your initial outbreak.   You need to also know if you have type 1 or type 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Single ➵ You may like to try the Dating App

• Similar Content

• akinorew
      By akinorew
      Assalamu alaikum! Bismillah. 
      ABOUT ME:  I have been happily Muslim for 3 years and every day I thank Allah for the guidance. I am originally from Poland, but have been in the US for a while - I went to grad school here and now I work in research & data analytics. I like my job, but the end goal is to get a degree in Islamic sciences and teach my beautiful religion. InshAllah.
      I enjoy simple things: outdoors, cooking, reading, spending time with my friends. I'd consider myself an introvert, but I open up to those who I know well. 
      I make continuous effort to practice and study Islam to the best of my abilities. It is extremely important to me that my future spouse does the same and that we can help each other on the Straight Path, with the help of Allah. 
      I AM LOOKING FOR: someone who loves Islam as much as I do and fulfills all the pillars, but is gentle to himself and others. Someone who understands responsibilities of a husband and wants to create a family following the example of our Prophets, peace be upon them. Someone who does not base their religious practices solely on the culture, but rather seeks knowledge. How you serve Allah is the most important to me, after that I look for someone warm, funny, supportive that I can vibe with. Preferably not a couch potato.   Oh, I am 5'4'' , in case being taller is significant to you. 
      If you are interested message me here or drop a comment with similar info. BUT only if your intention is to get married and if you are serious about your faith and life. I am way passed dating and talking nonsense, let's get to know each other but not waste time. If you prefer to contact my wali, I can provide the info.

W. 
    • HSV2sucks
      By HSV2sucks
      On Feb 10, I slept with somebody new. I specifically asked him if he had been tested for HSV and HIV via blood test. He told me he had just been tested two months ago and everything was negative and he hadn’t slept with anybody in a year. He either lied to me about being tested or lied about his status. I believe he knew he had HSV2, was not taking antivirals, and didn’t care if he infected me. Now he is using it to make me feel like I HAVE to stay with him because we both have this. And he is minimizing it. 

I am in pain, depressed, having suicidal thoughts (don’t think I’d act on them), and feeling hopeless. I have nerve pain all over my genitals, my lower back, my butt, back of my legs. It’s a constant pain and burning. I’m also bleeding as if I’m on a light period! ITS AWFUL! I don’t understand why anybody minimizes this!!! INFORMED CONSENT IS SO IMPORTANT! I feel violated! I’m so angry
    • nwlondoner
      By nwlondoner
      Hey, everyone, I wasn't sure where else to post but I'm hoping to reach out to other people in a similar situation to myself (Muslim with herpes). I'd just like to find someone who I can talk to maybe and find out how they've dealt with it and their experiences so far.
      So, I found out last week through a private blood test that I have herpes. It felt like my entire future shattered before me and I actually couldn't even cry on the first day, I was just in so much shock. It was only the next day that I found myself, just crying randomly out of nowhere.
      I had thought i was clean and free from any STDs as I had taken a blood test at an NHS sexual health clinic however it turned out that they don't include the herpes blood screen as most people are asymptomatic and they want to reduce the stigma attached with herpes. At first, I thought ignorance would have been bliss in this situation as most people will have herpes but not be told that they have it unless they take a private blood test or show symptoms.
      But then, I just thought that I could be passing it onto other people and what made me scared the most was about passing it onto family members, especially young children like young niece and nephew who I've kissed and potentially put at risk. I feel so paranoid when I'm near young babies now and try to keep my distance, I've seen pictures in article about a newborn baby was kissed by someone with herpes and their eye has swollen up.
      Islamically, you're not allowed to marry a person without telling them you have herpes. I was just wondering if there were any Muslims would have been able to get married and how they found their spouse.
      Also, a general question that I wanted to ask everyone? How do I deal with the paranoia of passing on herpes to others? I've been very careful about washing anything I've used like glasses and cutlery, like scrubbing them thoroughly with soap.
    • abdull81
      By abdull81
      alsalam aliykom sisters and brothers
      im looking for 7alal inshaAllah .. i have been diagnosed hsv2 since 5 years ago .. my ex wife passed it to me .. i was 32 years old virgin man .. she was my first but ..alhamdulillah i
      believe that every thing happens for reason .. anyway
      im here seeking 7alal so we can complete and love each other .. may Allah make it easy for us to find our ways 

E mail:   mohammed_tempe@hotmail.com
    • Elly86
      By Elly86
      I've known my fiance for couple of years, and in our country, before we get married, it is compulsary for the couple to screen for HIV test. The test showed negative for both of us. Then we decided to take an STD test (without any symptoms) just to make sure and this test include Syphyllis, Chlamydia n both type of HSV. The results came with me having negative for all STDs and my fiance having all negative except for HSV-1 (igG blood test). 
      I am under so much pressure right now to consider of calling off the wedding or continue with it. My concern is that how it going to affect my pregnancy and my life as a whole.
      I love my fiance so much, I try to support him as much as I can. I just have certain worry about my future in terms of pregnancy and whether Im gonna contract HSV-1 oral or genital? Cause my fiance did not show any symptom either on his mounth or genital
      Anyone can give me advice regarding this..Im so much appreciate it.

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• WilsoInAus
      @CHT my comments regarding your race and socio-economic status are not rude, sounds like they were accurate. I just want you to be aware that there is unconscious bias in your comments based on your perspective. Yes I stand by my comments that the US healthcare system is shameful. If that loses integrity in your eyes, then that is where you sit relative to the healthcare system and my public health philosophies. There is nothing shameful about expressing ones philosophies. Have I been antagonistic in the way I have expressed these things. Yes I have and I apologise for that. I think overall I was pretty shocked that you believed that the majority of infections were asymptomatic for the receiver. Your personal experience was quite the opposite and I admit I was perplexed why you didn't share your personal experience with someone who really wanted to hear a story of a true genital infection.
    • CHT
      "talking up the chances of infection"  What? Wilson, you are now making up dialogue that never occurred.  He asked about testing and when symptoms might manifest.... I answered his questions and then asked why he felt he may be infected?  You need to go back and read over the actual messages.... never once did I "talk up the chance of infection."  You have done a poor job of reading between the lines of my messages back to "Dumbass."  I suggested he may want to meet with a doctor to discuss his situation with the goal of alleviating his concerns about infection particularly since the little bit of information he provided would likely indicate he had a low chance of infection in my opinion.... hearing it from a medical professional, especially with testing, would help confirm this and give him peace of mind.   Wilson, what really surprises me is your last paragraph.  I have read many of your posts on this website over the last couple of years and have always held your opinions in high regard.... always well informed and you never resort to petty insults and bullying even when challenged.  However, your snide speculations about my race and socio-economic status are rude, unnecessary and clearly antagonistic.  Further, your remarks about the healthcare system in the US were clearly hostile, not to mention showing a gross ignorance of how healthcare works here.  Your statements were shameful.... lost integrity.    
    • WilsoInAus
      I'm sorry @CHT you did not give the full information. The chances are not high they will not have recognisable symptoms. And if they do not have recognisable symptoms, then what is the point of going to a doctor for a swab? It is your obligation to tell people their chances and they how arrive at the correct diagnosis through available tests. Are you aware of the psychological harm that you have probably caused by talking up the chance of infection. You didn't say that there would be 50% plus chance that the person did not have HSV-2 in the first place and that the episode was less than a 1 in 1,000 chance. What happened to those odds? What role do they play when you are interpreting symptoms or their absence? In life, you support someone by saying what they NEED to hear and not WHAT you know or want to say. Further, let me guess, white middle class? The bulk of the population cannot afford nor are granted access to health care in your country. Must be nice to be able to afford a clinical evaluation, but let's spare a though for those who can't afford that. All they can do is go with the odds and they are perfectly entitled to do that in their circumstances
    • ZealousidealAide7
      I know that it is not contagious, if that helps 
    • CHT
      "Simply because people think they are asymptomatic doesn't mean they are. When they go to a doctor for education and consciously on the lookout, there is a very high probability if they are infected they will find something." Absolutely true, no argument on the study you reference.  I am also aware of the clinical studies that have demonstrated that those who self-reported as "asymptomatic" when evaluated by medical professionals are made aware that they they aren't actually asymptomatic.  However, going back to the original question at hand as to whether those who are infected demonstrate recognizable symptoms, the answer is still (as per CDC, WHO, and other reliable sources):"Most individuals infected with HSV are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms that go unnoticed or are mistaken for another skin condition"   So, when someone comes to this site seeking advice and help when they suspect they are newly infected, we have an obligation to point out, as I did in this situation, that the chances are high that they may not have symptoms, or recognize any symptoms,  so, waiting to observe the classic symptoms (that they will no doubt look up online and find all sorts of photos showing "this is what a herpes outbreak looks like") will likely not detect those symptoms.... but, it does not mean they do not have the virus.  Obviously, most infected individuals won't have the benefit of weeks of clinical observation/testing to help them identify easily misidentified (or asymptomatic) symptoms..... these infected individuals will then move along thinking "I dodged the herpes bullet" and quite easily and unknowingly pass the virus on to others.  This occurs frequently when a person who does test positive confronts the person they believe gave them the "gift" and this gift-giver" vehemently denies having the virus since they have never had symptoms of herpes..... (which, again, is very likely as the CDC and WHO clearly point out).  Again, in the unlikely event this person were to enter into a clinical evaluation (as you referenced above), including testing/swabbing, they may find out otherwise.  This fact is one of the main reasons the virus continues to get passed along to others and the percentages of people becoming infected (particularly younger aged population) continues to increase. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.