World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Bethany

Conflicting Lysine-Arginine ratios in food

Bethany

So in trying to figure out what foods I'm eating that might be high in arginine and increasing my outbreaks, after scouring the internet for hourd theres definitely ALOT of conflicting information! As an example one source will say grapefruit is high in Arginine and another will say its high in Lysine. I understand any given food can have both in them and its the ratio we're looking for but some lists don't have the ratio or some lists only a very limited amounts of food. Is there any books or online sources of more foods listing the real Lysine-Arginine ratio?

GSXR 1000

I find I get out breaks with mainly chocolate, coffee, wheat products like bread, pasta, junk food. Peanut butter and nuts is also a trigger. I found if I stick to a diet of mainly meats, vegetables, fruit, potatoes for carbs I tend not to get breakouts, but once I go back to the other foods I tend to get an out break. Dunno if that might help you

Rick Sanchez

I have found this website to be helpful- http://nutritiondata.self.com/   There is a search at the top where you type in the food and search.

Most charts I have run across have conflicting information or articles that tell you to eat one thing that another does not.  I have found that it is a lot of trial and error and eating things in moderation.  Hope this helps out some!