World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
impugn

The one and only thing that bothers me about this site

impugn

I want to make this as short and sweet as possible. 

The one and only thing that bothers me from this site is a mass majority of users want a cure or functional cure but they don’t do the legwork. 

I hate logging in and seeing people talk about new treatments like they’re the new rage, when we’ve had a company working on a functional cure for 10+ years! No not Rational Vaccines, I’m talking about Aurx, Inc. 

Aurx worked. Plain and simple. Aurx’s vaccine worked way better than Valtrex in Phase 2 studies and they were interested in making the vaccine even better for the 3rd Phase. 

“In the first finding of its kind in the history of the treatment of genital herpes, the AuRx  therapeutic vaccine  reduced the number of episodes three fold (P<.001) versus the previous year. In addition, recurrent  HSV-2  episodes were completely prevented in 37.5% of vaccinated patients as opposed to the patients given placebo, all of whom had episodes during the trial period. These patients had previously had 5-24 outbreaks per year. In statistically significant results, vaccinated patients had 50% fewer recurrences and 45% fewer illness days (p=".028)" than the placebo. A reduced severity of the herpetic episodes in vaccinated patients was observed as lesions were 4.8 times more prevalent in untreated patients, pain was 2.9 times more prevalent in untreated patients and itching was 3.7 times more prevalent in untreated patients.  

The trial continues by tracking for clinical outbreaks over a two year period. AuRx  plans to run additional studies in larger groups with higher dose levels and additional vaccinations. In guinea pigs which were first infected with genital herpes and then given the same dose schedule used in the human clinical trial, 70% of the animals had no recurrences. Higher doses and a different dose schedule in animals resulted in over 90% prevention of recurrences.” 

The Phase 2 trial was a safety and efficacy trial of a low dose of their vaccine. Phase 3 was supposed to be their high dose, high patient count, long term monitoring Phase. 

They needed 10 million dollars to do this. They didn’t reach their quota. No trial was conducted. Had their trial been conducted they would’ve finished it by now. They would’ve had more results, most likely more promising results. They were interested in testing high doses and booster shots. When Aurx had stopped experimenting, they were having 90% of their mice outbreak free. With human trials heading that as time when on. 

This site has 64553 users, so let’s call it 64500... 

10,000,000 divided by 64500 equals (rounded) to 155. If 64500 people donated $155 you could’ve had a possible functional cure. And there are millions of hsv sufferers including wealthy sufferers, political sufferers, celebrity sufferers. Money talks. Ask yourself now, do you want an actual treatment or are you fine with antivirals? I don’t know about you but I can comefortably donate $2500. Majority of people have family that would also donate a dollar or $10 here and there. 

The herpes community needs more doers period. 

I see everyone get upset about Theravax but honestly where is the data, when will it come out? Soon is always the answer. Yeah well Aurx had the data. 

I see everyone upset about Gen 003. They had the data. Aurx rivaled their data and Aurx would’ve been more cheaper to push forward than Gen 003. 

Aurx patents are going to be done soon if they aren’t already, after that there’s no doubt the vaccine will be gone for good locked down by “new and better” treatments. 

http://www.evaluategroup.com/Universal/View.aspx?type=Story&id=256325

http://www.aurx.com/index.htm

If you are the slightest bit angry or annoyed reading this you should be. 

Quest

I can also do the same. I can't speak for everyone because it must not bother them.:embarrassed:

35hope

i will only donate to something i feel strong about being a cure or make me not contagious, i'm not going to bother with a better valtex

brookeb300
18 minutes ago, 35hope said:

i will only donate to something i feel strong about being a cure or make me not contagious, i'm not going to bother with a better valtex

I just want anything that’s better than what we have we need to move forward with stuff

Cas9
5 hours ago, impugn said:

I want to make this as short and sweet as possible. 

The one and only thing that bothers me from this site is a mass majority of users want a cure or functional cure but they don’t do the legwork. 

I hate logging in and seeing people talk about new treatments like they’re the new rage, when we’ve had a company working on a functional cure for 10+ years! No not Rational Vaccines, I’m talking about Aurx, Inc. 

Aurx worked. Plain and simple. Aurx’s vaccine worked way better than Valtrex in Phase 2 studies and they were interested in making the vaccine even better for the 3rd Phase. 

“In the first finding of its kind in the history of the treatment of genital herpes, the AuRx  therapeutic vaccine  reduced the number of episodes three fold (P<.001) versus the previous year. In addition, recurrent  HSV-2  episodes were completely prevented in 37.5% of vaccinated patients as opposed to the patients given placebo, all of whom had episodes during the trial period. These patients had previously had 5-24 outbreaks per year. In statistically significant results, vaccinated patients had 50% fewer recurrences and 45% fewer illness days (p=".028)" than the placebo. A reduced severity of the herpetic episodes in vaccinated patients was observed as lesions were 4.8 times more prevalent in untreated patients, pain was 2.9 times more prevalent in untreated patients and itching was 3.7 times more prevalent in untreated patients.  

The trial continues by tracking for clinical outbreaks over a two year period. AuRx  plans to run additional studies in larger groups with higher dose levels and additional vaccinations. In guinea pigs which were first infected with genital herpes and then given the same dose schedule used in the human clinical trial, 70% of the animals had no recurrences. Higher doses and a different dose schedule in animals resulted in over 90% prevention of recurrences.” 

The Phase 2 trial was a safety and efficacy trial of a low dose of their vaccine. Phase 3 was supposed to be their high dose, high patient count, long term monitoring Phase. 

They needed 10 million dollars to do this. They didn’t reach their quota. No trial was conducted. Had their trial been conducted they would’ve finished it by now. They would’ve had more results, most likely more promising results. They were interested in testing high doses and booster shots. When Aurx had stopped experimenting, they were having 90% of their mice outbreak free. With human trials heading that as time when on. 

This site has 64553 users, so let’s call it 64500... 

10,000,000 divided by 64500 equals (rounded) to 155. If 64500 people donated $155 you could’ve had a possible functional cure. And there are millions of hsv sufferers including wealthy sufferers, political sufferers, celebrity sufferers. Money talks. Ask yourself now, do you want an actual treatment or are you fine with antivirals? I don’t know about you but I can comefortably donate $2500. Majority of people have family that would also donate a dollar or $10 here and there. 

The herpes community needs more doers period. 

I see everyone get upset about Theravax but honestly where is the data, when will it come out? Soon is always the answer. Yeah well Aurx had the data. 

I see everyone upset about Gen 003. They had the data. Aurx rivaled their data and Aurx would’ve been more cheaper to push forward than Gen 003. 

Aurx patents are going to be done soon if they aren’t already, after that there’s no doubt the vaccine will be gone for good locked down by “new and better” treatments. 

http://www.evaluategroup.com/Universal/View.aspx?type=Story&id=256325

http://www.aurx.com/index.htm

If you are the slightest bit angry or annoyed reading this you should be. 

You're making the same mistake everyone else makes when it comes to this issue. First of all, where in your rant do you devise a plan to take advantage of contributions from the 65k members? Give us at least an outline how one would proceed. Then other members can look at your plan and ask questions or provide challenges to the process you've devised.

impugn
13 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

You're making the same mistake everyone else makes when it comes to this issue. First of all, where in your rant do you devise a plan to take advantage of contributions from the 65k members? Give us at least an outline how one would proceed. Then other members can look at your plan and ask questions or provide challenges to the process you've devised.

I should’ve added a gameplan but I was in total rant mode. Ill run one down.

1st really quick let me say that the patients in Aurx were having 9 or more outbreaks a year vs Valtrex’s tests majority of the trial patients were around 5 outbreaks per year. Aurx if they can replicate their phase 2, is actually a lot better than valtrex

In all seriousness Dr Halford and Rational Vaccines should’ve teamed up with Aurx Inc and should’ve revived their program. Aurx has the roof (Science) and Rational Vaccines has the want and will to bring a herpes vaccine to the market and now with Theil they have the (Business) side. Science minds need business minds to make dreams reality. 

My gameplan would be:

Get into contact with Aurx Inc. (I’ve actually tried this but their email on their website doesn’t work). I was trying to ask if they are still taking donations. 

If they were I was going to look into crowd funding and running fundraising. Like I said if 64500 people donated $150 that would equal 10 mil. 

Speaking from my own experience, I could donate $2500 easily, I could convince my father to donate $500. I could also convince my mother, my best friend, 2 aunts and 2 uncles to each donate $100. That there is $3600. I also have my first ever herpes support system who would easily donate $150 and her family is 3 times the size of mine and she’s very open and honest about the situation. 

Everyone knows someone who’s suffering, everyone knows someone who wants to help out. There are elders and retirees who’ve suffered with herpes who don’t want their children or grandchildren to suffer. I’m sure there’s also more than 1000 hsv sufferers who are also millionaires. 

That’s where the legwork comes in. I’ve noticed that if you have a disease... you and your closest friends and family are the only ones looking out for your health. As long as you arent dying the pharmaceutical companies, the FDA, and the government doens’t care. If you want something done you need to do it yourself. 

Cas9
3 hours ago, impugn said:

I should’ve added a gameplan but I was in total rant mode. Ill run one down.

1st really quick let me say that the patients in Aurx were having 9 or more outbreaks a year vs Valtrex’s tests majority of the trial patients were around 5 outbreaks per year. Aurx if they can replicate their phase 2, is actually a lot better than valtrex

In all seriousness Dr Halford and Rational Vaccines should’ve teamed up with Aurx Inc and should’ve revived their program. Aurx has the roof (Science) and Rational Vaccines has the want and will to bring a herpes vaccine to the market and now with Theil they have the (Business) side. Science minds need business minds to make dreams reality. 

My gameplan would be:

Get into contact with Aurx Inc. (I’ve actually tried this but their email on their website doesn’t work). I was trying to ask if they are still taking donations. 

If they were I was going to look into crowd funding and running fundraising. Like I said if 64500 people donated $150 that would equal 10 mil. 

Speaking from my own experience, I could donate $2500 easily, I could convince my father to donate $500. I could also convince my mother, my best friend, 2 aunts and 2 uncles to each donate $100. That there is $3600. I also have my first ever herpes support system who would easily donate $150 and her family is 3 times the size of mine and she’s very open and honest about the situation. 

Everyone knows someone who’s suffering, everyone knows someone who wants to help out. There are elders and retirees who’ve suffered with herpes who don’t want their children or grandchildren to suffer. I’m sure there’s also more than 1000 hsv sufferers who are also millionaires. 

That’s where the legwork comes in. I’ve noticed that if you have a disease... you and your closest friends and family are the only ones looking out for your health. As long as you arent dying the pharmaceutical companies, the FDA, and the government doens’t care. If you want something done you need to do it yourself. 

And how do you plan on contacting the 65k members on this site? Let's start there.

sochke
2 hours ago, Cas9 said:

And how do you plan on contacting the 65k members on this site? Let's start there.

And the last update from the site is 2004 about the trials... after that 13 years completed.. does this patent still valid.. what Aurx doing these 13 years if they confident enough on their product.

sochke
5 hours ago, Cas9 said:

We can also ask  this site admin to send an email to each and every person ..also we can have the display at the start of the page for donation for aurx and it can show stats as how much money credited as of now ..how much more required in this site..

This can be possible if this site owner or admin accept s this proposal, i think they them slef act as a coordinator and help herpes sufferers in this way.

This is my thought.. what do you think..

I think you are from sofware background,if you have any thoughts ,please add more,we will try the feasible option

Cas9
4 hours ago, sochke said:

We can also ask  this site admin to send an email to each and every person ..

They would never do that.

Cas9
7 hours ago, sochke said:

And the last update from the site is 2004 about the trials... after that 13 years completed.. does this patent still valid.. what Aurx doing these 13 years if they confident enough on their product.

sochke, I think you meant to address this question to @impugn

sochke
1 minute ago, Cas9 said:

sochke, I think you meant to address this question to @impugn

yes

impugn
11 hours ago, sochke said:

I’m not so sure I understand your question. They stopped testing in 2006 or 2007. They stopped a contract with one company because the company wasn’t fulfilling their financial needs, which held them back from phase 3 trials and full scale production.

I’m not knowledge in law or medicine to say what happens to a vaccine patent once the company no long owns it. I’m not sure if it becomes open source or what.

The patent is ending soon I believe, I saw it around but I can’t confirm. 

sochke

do you think that still the company and its people who are working with the comapny for the vaccine still with the comapany,because it is only working on herpes. i doubt it.

Anyway  please check, it killing pshycologically at times .

impugn
14 hours ago, Cas9 said:

I honestly have no clue. You can’t message 65k people because it’s a breach of privacy honestly. 

I guess it would start by rounding up the people who liked Theravax for the fact it was a live vaccine and go from there. 

Theres also Reddit which is anonymous and Facebook  which isn’t as anonymous but can be. 

The thing is though I can’t even find a good email for Aurx to see if they would even accept donations. I think the patent holder is a school in Maryland 

Side note for anyone just reading, Aurx’s vaccine was supposed to be like the chicken pox vaccine. You can still get chicken pox and shingles but not even close to how much you could’ve before the vaccine. 

Cas9
1 hour ago, impugn said:

I honestly have no clue. You can’t message 65k people because it’s a breach of privacy honestly. 

I guess it would start by rounding up the people who liked Theravax for the fact it was a live vaccine and go from there. 

Theres also Reddit which is anonymous and Facebook  which isn’t as anonymous but can be. 

The thing is though I can’t even find a good email for Aurx to see if they would even accept donations. I think the patent holder is a school in Maryland 

Side note for anyone just reading, Aurx’s vaccine was supposed to be like the chicken pox vaccine. You can still get chicken pox and shingles but not even close to how much you could’ve before the vaccine. 

And even if it were possible to round up the 65k members, how would you ever get all of them to commit to contributing?

If a company needed 8 million, all 65k members would have to contribute $120 each. Impossible.

And now you know why no one does anything.

impugn
1 hour ago, Cas9 said:

And even if it were possible to round up the 65k members, how would you ever get all of them to commit to contributing?

If a company needed 8 million, all 65k members would have to contribute $120 each. Impossible.

And now you know why no one does anything.

You’re right, considering this site couldn’t even net a few thousand to sign a simple petition. But there’s other routes to take. 

Cas9
32 minutes ago, impugn said:

You’re right, considering this site couldn’t even net a few thousand to sign a simple petition. But there’s other routes to take. 

Like what? Give me an example.

Remember, whenever you come up with an idea in general, think about the details required to accomplish it.

impugn
43 minutes ago, Cas9 said:

Like what? Give me an example.

Remember, whenever you come up with an idea in general, think about the details required to accomplish it.

Cas9 bud we keep saying the same thing over and over again. The fundraising isn’t that hard. I already said social media is one path. The real two issues are lack of initiative and the fact that there’s not a good email on their site to contact. 

Step 1 find valid contact information 

Step 2 find out if their patents are an issue and find out if they’ll still accept donations 

Step 3 spread awareness and collect donations

Step 4 donate

Its not that complicated, it just takes ‘legwork’ to raise awareness and find donations. There is a reason HIV sufferers get so many grants and donations... They are so vocal about their situation. 

Herpes sufferers need to stop hiding because of the stigma. 

Cas9
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, impugn said:

Cas9 bud we keep saying the same thing over and over again. The fundraising isn’t that hard. I already said social media is one path. The real two issues are lack of initiative and the fact that there’s not a good email on their site to contact. 

Step 1 find valid contact information 

Step 2 find out if their patents are an issue and find out if they’ll still accept donations 

Step 3 spread awareness and collect donations

Step 4 donate

Its not that complicated, it just takes ‘legwork’ to raise awareness and find donations. There is a reason HIV sufferers get so many grants and donations... They are so vocal about their situation. 

Herpes sufferers need to stop hiding because of the stigma. 

I disagree; I think it is difficult to get enough donations to make a difference. People don't want to start contributing where their money has no impact.

Edited by Cas9

Cas9

This is off topic but has anyone noticed this website has been slow all day.

CanadianGuy
Posted (edited)

You are absolutely right OP. If you sit and wallow in self pity and in the shadows then nothing will ever get done. We need someone to take the bull by the horns and start an HSV foundation where people can make online donations and then give that money to the most promising research. Now I know a bunch of innocent kids died in a crash which was big in the attention the story got but the gofundme for the humboldt hockey team has raised $15 million and counting! In today's day and age with social media it shouldn't be too hard to raise $10 million over time. The biggest thing, imo, holding this back is nobody with hsv has the courage to come out and admit they have it. Until we do, nothing will change.

Edited by CanadianGuy

Waiting4newlife

I am willing to contribute my part for any vaccine, if anyone talk to the pharma company and get a valid reply that they are looking for funds. Normally most of the companies are not replying to our mails