World's Largest Herpes Support Group
strangeone102

Unsure (pic attached)

strangeone102

Hi All,
So about 1.5 weeks ago I had the spot in the middle show up and then the other day the one on the right appeared. Neither have gotten bigger, smaller, itch, burn or are red. I am pretty sure the one on the right is just FS but the one in the middle I am not so sure about, I've done lots of image searches and it doesn't look anything like a wart (especially since its just one and doesn't have any of the other symptoms associated) so I was hoping to get an opinion or two to help put my mind at ease. I have an apt with my PCP this week but not sure if she has any experience with this sort of thing so I want to go with as much info as possible.h78PAWO.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Scooby2112

Doesn’t look like Herpes (or at least the traditional herpes), especially if this is your primary outbreak.  

There would be multiple bumps near each other in a traditional case.  

You are doing the right thing by getting it looked at.  

If you wouldn’t have circled them and I zoomed in I wouldn’t have even really noticed them.  If they are not causing any sensations that is also a good sign.  

strangeone102

thanks Scooby! the last time I did anything related to sex was almost 2 months ago, I received oral from a woman at a party without protection and about 2 weeks later got diagnosed with epididymis, the doctor tested for chlamydia and ghon, both came back negative. Been on anti-biotics for over a month (finally off them) so every little thing is making me question my health at this point especially since my epididymis is still persisting (getting better but still hurts). I was thinking they are forcyde spots since they are so small but honestly I am freaked out by everything at this point and seem to be going worst case scenario lol.

Scooby2112

2 months is a good time frame.  Three months is ideal but two months since exposure for off testing would give you about 80%+ confidence in the result.  

strangeone102

What should I expect for a negative vs a positive result?  I noticed today that a few more spots have appeared. All are separate but one or two are red. Again no irritation or iticing just seems odd that this is not something that seems to conform to a normal outbreak. I am worried for sure but will see what the doctor says on Wednesday. 

Scooby2112

Regarding G blood testing if you took it at 2 months would be 80% conclusive.  It is best to wait three months but it wouldn't hurt to get tested now.  Just make sure you get an Igg type specific test.  No igm.  No combined tests (hsv1 and HSV2).  

A typical primary outbreak would appear in 2-7 days.  It can take as long as threE weeks.  

Outbreaks only last about 2-4 weeks for a primary and 1-2 weeks for recurrences.  Lesions progress from redness to superficial vesicles (blisters) that are fragile and fill with a clear to straw colored fluid all over the course of 3-7 days.  Then burst and scab over for 4-7 days before healing.  

Sounds like your bumps are lasting longer than a typical lesion isn't appearing in the general time frame of an initial infection etc.  

Dr can confirm.  There is always a chance. Especially if this isn't your primary.