Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Headshoulderskneesandtoes

Does anyone have it on their throat?

Recommended Posts

Headshoulderskneesandtoes

I’m convinced I have it in my throat after a sexual oral exposure. My throat has been hurting so bad and it feels like I’m swallowing glass but it’s not even red nor are these ulcers unless it’s further than the eye can see. Tested negative for strep and the flu at the dr, he swabbed my throat for a hsv PCR and did blood work. Any experience with esophageal hsv?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pissed79

I  was diagnosed with hsv2 about two weeks ago.  I was in the er 4 times over the course of a week due to some of the same symptoms but my throat looked pretty nasty.  I had several negative strep test along with a gammet of other test like gohnorea and clamidia. It wasn't until the last trip that I asked if they had swabbed for herpes, which obviously came back positive.  I know during this time I was feverish, nauseated, swollen glands, and a throat that hurt like no other.  I also contracted it by giving oral to a male.  I would ask for antivirals and something called magic mouthwash to numb your throat.  I lost 17 lbs in a week from not being able to swallow.  Keep drinking water to stay hydrated.  Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshoulderskneesandtoes
4 hours ago, pissed79 said:

I  was diagnosed with hsv2 about two weeks ago.  I was in the er 4 times over the course of a week due to some of the same symptoms but my throat looked pretty nasty.  I had several negative strep test along with a gammet of other test like gohnorea and clamidia. It wasn't until the last trip that I asked if they had swabbed for herpes, which obviously came back positive.  I know during this time I was feverish, nauseated, swollen glands, and a throat that hurt like no other.  I also contracted it by giving oral to a male.  I would ask for antivirals and something called magic mouthwash to numb your throat.  I lost 17 lbs in a week from not being able to swallow.  Keep drinking water to stay hydrated.  Good luck.

Do you have a picture of what your throat looked like? They swabbed mine today for hsv but I don’t have any lesions on my throat that anyone can see looking at it. I’m assuming they are further down past my tongue bc my throat has never been so painful I can’t imagine it looking so normal... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshoulderskneesandtoes

Also, did you have a dry cough with it?? Or in increase of thicker mucous ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heydoll

Hey. So. I have been having the sensation of swollowing razor blades on and off for around a year now. People look at me strange when I tell them I literally feel as though I’m swollowing glass. Also have swollen lymph nodes in my neck. I was referred to an ENT specialist who put a camera down my throat and found NOTHING he said nothing is there. Confusing right? fast forwards a few months I developed a sore on my vag. Went to the clinic and it came back pos for herpes. So NOW I’m sat here. Reading your thread.. all I can think is is this in my throat too? There’s no other reason my throat should feel as it does and the specialist said there was nothing there when he looked with a camera.  Not one sore nothing at all. I’m confused. Maybe I need to go see my GP again and find out. But if I had it oraly wouldn’t I have pAssed this to my children ? I kiss and cuddle them allll or the time and my children have never had a cold sore or anything of the sort. I’m now confused.com 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshoulderskneesandtoes
12 hours ago, Heydoll said:

Hey. So. I have been having the sensation of swollowing razor blades on and off for around a year now. People look at me strange when I tell them I literally feel as though I’m swollowing glass. Also have swollen lymph nodes in my neck. I was referred to an ENT specialist who put a camera down my throat and found NOTHING he said nothing is there. Confusing right? fast forwards a few months I developed a sore on my vag. Went to the clinic and it came back pos for herpes. So NOW I’m sat here. Reading your thread.. all I can think is is this in my throat too? There’s no other reason my throat should feel as it does and the specialist said there was nothing there when he looked with a camera.  Not one sore nothing at all. I’m confused. Maybe I need to go see my GP again and find out. But if I had it oraly wouldn’t I have pAssed this to my children ? I kiss and cuddle them allll or the time and my children have never had a cold sore or anything of the sort. I’m now confused.com 

I feel you. I have ghsv1 for the last year. I went down on my bf who has ghsv2 and 2 weeks later I’m feeling awful like this and my throat looks completely normal. I got is swabbed so I’m just waiting on the results.. I didn’t mean to scare you!!

 

do you have body aches and etc when your throat is hurting ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heydoll

I’ve been suffering body aches for quite a while now and I have specialists running all kinds of tests. They’ve been thinking it’s nerve damage or swollen muscles and joints. The worst pains I get are chest pains down my left side. I’ve been through multiple examinations and still found no reason for my pains. Do you think it’s herpes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshoulderskneesandtoes
14 hours ago, Heydoll said:

I’ve been suffering body aches for quite a while now and I have specialists running all kinds of tests. They’ve been thinking it’s nerve damage or swollen muscles and joints. The worst pains I get are chest pains down my left side. I’ve been through multiple examinations and still found no reason for my pains. Do you think it’s herpes? 

I have no idea. My dr just called today and said that all the swans and everything came back normal. He said I just have a cold type virus?? I guess I didn’t have any ulcers or anything to swab and so I’m just waiting on the blood work to come back.. I also have congestion today and ear pressure and a lot of post nasal drip. My throat still hurts but no ulcers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Advertisement

Try a Lysine supplement for cold sores

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      68,885
    • Total Posts
      460,911
  • Posts

    • joescrilla
      More confusion! So the results have come back for both of the partners that I've been with over the last 3-4 years and they are both negative for type 1 and type 2. Where do I go next? Any advice?
    • Gems
      please look through the forum in exact and careful detail and inform yourself of less than usual circumstances to cover yourself.

      auto inoculation is rare and it can happen. off objects is debated but some people claim it happens. some people have experienced it happens easily.

      so you know practice good hygiene. i personal think use a heated towel rail and make sure your towels are fully hot and dry. there were studies in the 80's showing it can live on towels for 75 hours. The herpes association say most experts agree it cannot be caught off a towel. That is most experts not all. Some people end up with it on their body and one has to wonder how? Towels I would guess.

      Things that tend to stay kinda wet or so on. cups are another one that fit that i think.

      I remember being at university once and being in the bathroom while a girl was on the phone to her friend.She thought she had a bite on her face but clear to me someone with herpes had kissed her on the cheek recently, it didnt look typical just her skin peeling. 

      I am not an expert though or a doctor so do your own research.  
       
    • Phoenixx
      Update: The creme that contains the tetrapodal zinc oxide still isn't available at Gorch Fock Apotheke Kiel. I called them today: same status as last year and they have no further information on when and if it will be available again.
    • Phoenixx
      Lilian, the zinc acetate we are talking about here is different from the tetrapodal zinc oxide that you are mentioning. But thanks for the reminder. The ointment that contains the tetrapodal zinc oxide still isn't available at Gorch Fock Apotheke Kiel. I called them today: same status as last year and they have no further information on when and if it will be available again.
    • Gems
      I've had neg swabs but I am sure you'll get it. Follow the process. I haven't read the thread in exact detail, but if you have documentation of doctors mishandling your case when you get/ if you get a poss inform them in writing as well as the medical board I think.  Under diagnosis is as problematic as false pos and reducing transmission is good.
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.